Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    wish i had a camera to take a photo of them...i just took off all the strapping tape. There is no skin on the left hand....just two large red raw spots across the palm.....then on my right hand my index and middle finger have gone white where the tape was, and the skin is soft and underneath it's grey and raw with specs of blood (like a large blood blister). and there's now a hole in my right leg.
    For the last time that can't be good for you! If you hurt yourself like that you might end up doing something drastic one day and end up not being able to row at all. Please please please stop overworking yourself - look after yourself! You're supposed to be smart - you know it's bad for you!

ReputationRep:
    i'm not hurting myself because it doesnt hurt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    wish i had a camera to take a photo of them...i just took off all the strapping tape. There is no skin on the left hand....just two large red raw spots across the palm.....then on my right hand my index and middle finger have gone white where the tape was, and the skin is soft and underneath it's grey and raw with specs of blood (like a large blood blister). and there's now a hole in my right leg.
    does anyone else worry that this is (supposedly) the creme of the nation's youth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i'm not hurting myself because it doesnt hurt!
    GRRRRRRR WILLA!!!! You don't need to feel pain in order for it to be classed as "hurting yourself"! Whether you feel pain or not it's still not good for you! Why on earth would you have blood though by rowing?

Just don't overwork yourself, look after yourself will you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    does anyone else worry that this is (supposedly) the creme of the nation's youth?
    I just worry when my friends hurt themselves and won't stop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    GRRRRRRR WILLA!!!! You don't need to feel pain in order for it to be classed as "hurting yourself"! Whether you feel pain or not it's still not good for you! Why on earth would you have blood though by rowing?

Just don't overwork yourself, look after yourself will you?
    oh God, you're the person who tells all your friends that "you don't need another drink, you've had enough" and "you really shouldn't go to the cinema - you have a test," aren't you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't tell a professional chef to give up work if he cuts himself would you!? So dont tell me to stop rowing just cos I drew blood in a race. It's not like it happens every day!

ReputationRep:
    daily. especially as i am more like skimmed milk, cant talk for the others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    You wouldn't tell a professional chef to give up work if he cuts himself would you!? So dont tell me to stop rowing just cos I drew blood in a race. It's not like it happens every day!
    I got bitten by a hamster today (wee *******). Yet another occupational hazard although, soon I will have nurses to get bitten instead....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    I didn't tell you to stop rowing. I told you to look after yourself better. And if you can't do both at once then yes you should stop rowing. But you CAN do both at once so I don't see why you're not doing it!!!!

And Platinumki - no I'm not someone who tells people to go home cus they have a test! - although I would remind them it... :rolleyes: hey I want my friends to actually pass their exams and a good friend gives good advice - not "yeh go out get drunk even though your finals are tomorrow!"

ReputationRep:
    he's not going to die from having some blisters or whatever on his hand. .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    Yeh I know that. It's the consistency of his not looking after himself in rowing that I'm worried about. Either way you're not supposed to draw blood in sports!

Although it's not like he'd stop rowing - and I don't see why he should stop rowing. I just want him to look after himself. Is that so bad?

ReputationRep:
    I got bitten by a hamster today (wee *******). Yet another occupational hazard although, soon I will have nurses to get bitten instead....
    That's evil. That's more evil than getting your assisstant to do all the boring experiments and then analyse the results.

ReputationRep:
    For all we know, Willa may one day lose his hands or something due to an unforseen infaction... Oops, I shouldn't be cursing people randomly like that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I know that. It's the consistency of his not looking after himself in rowing that I'm worried about. Either way you're not supposed to draw blood in sports!

Although it's not like he'd stop rowing - and I don't see why he should stop rowing. I just want him to look after himself. Is that so bad?
    If that's all you are worrying about, then I suggest you go to lectures with him. That way, you can be even more worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Nice...though Iris, you really shouldn't worry, all boaties (myself included) have blisters on their hands, though I've never burst mine because I tape them very very well. As long as he keeps them clean they'll be ok and hopefully will heal into calluses so it won't happen so much any more. The hole in your leg though - what's with that?

ReputationRep:
    Does simon williams make the newsletter ever? or romana karim? theyre the only ppl i know there.
    Don't think so...I don't think any Robinson fresher's as famous as Jacob in any case (for whatever reason).

(Original post by scarlet ibis)
    i just thought you sciencey people had lectures at 10 most days. lucky buggers mine always start at 9
    Mmm...Shuai, Will and I have 9 o'clock lectures 6 days a week. Shuai and I get a break from 10am-11am, and then two more lectures from 11am-1pm if it's a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, 'cause we don't do Chemistry.

How on earth did you manage to draw blood!!?? - oh for goodness sake Willa look after yourself!!!!
    Aww, young love, how sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Mmm...Shuai, Will and I have 9 o'clock lectures 6 days a week. Shuai and I get a break from 10am-11am, and then two more lectures from 11am-1pm if it's a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, 'cause we don't do Chemistry.
    Do you still go to the 11 to 1 lectures? I haven't seen you in the lecture theatres for days!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Do you still go to the 11 to 1 lectures? I haven't seen you in the lecture theatres for days!!
    Err...I haven't been for a while, no. King, Norman and Winskel gave out pretty comprehensive notes, so I've been reading those in the comfort of my own room.

I go to the 9 o'clock lectures sometimes, but Worster's so boring! His voice is like audio anaesthetic. He looks scary on his webpage as well.

http://www.itg.cam.ac.uk/people/grae/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Err...I haven't been for a while, no. King, Norman and Winskel gave out pretty comprehensive notes, so I've been reading those in the comfort of my own room.

I go to the 9 o'clock lectures sometimes, but Worster's so boring! His voice is like audio anaesthetic. He looks scary on his webpage as well.

http://www.itg.cam.ac.uk/people/grae/
    I kind like Worster for some reason. He's voide is thousands of times better than Ansorge. But you should go to Norman's lecture though. He's funny, and so is King.

"People come in 3 sexes, male, female and convertable" King quoting someone else.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.