Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Squishy)
    I refuse to buy one until they get rid of the grey!
    if you pay me handsomely i will either

1) change your scarf so it has no grey

2) get my sister to knit you a new one with no grey

hows it sound?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    if you pay me handsomely i will either

1) change your scarf so it has no grey

2) get my sister to knit you a new one with no grey

hows it sound?
    I've really been meaning to learn how to knit myself. But that's not going to happen this summer, so yeah, I'll pay you(r sister) for one... (how much is handsome?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    y'know, cambridge blue actually came from caius? (bit of trivia, i believe it was from the 2nd or 3rd Oxbridge boat race)
    I thought it came from Eton

I've really been meaning to learn how to knit myself. But that's not going to happen this summer, so yeah, I'll pay you(r sister) for one... (how much is handsome?)
    well i am really shite at knitting but if you are serious I will ask her to give you a quote...!

ReputationRep:
    yea...damn emmanuel had to be blue and pink.... pink.!..ruins it it really does. Give me blue and red PLEASE!

Mod Expression - Language

(Original post by Willa)
    yea...damn emmanuel had to be blue and pink.... pink...ruins it it really does. Give me blue and red PLEASE!
    maybe my sister could knit you one also in a more masculine colour!

i don't think she can do "long" stripes though. only short fat ones (if you see what i mean).

anyway.

do people actually wear their college scarf etc going round cambridge? it always seemed to me like a good way to draw unwanted attention from uni-hating locals to yourself.. i was never sure if people just wore them... at home? or something.. like those "university of cambridge" sweatshirts! (unless maybe you wear them on a night out to remind yourseld where you live or what uni you go to?!)

Mod Expression - Quotation Language

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear mine around Cam, but I wouldn't wear something with University of Cambridge on it. I like stripey scarves as it is . I'll wear my rainbow stripey one and everybody will wonder what college I go to

(Original post by Acaila)
    I'd wear mine around Cam, but I wouldn't wear something with University of Cambridge on it. I like stripey scarves as it is . I'll wear my rainbow stripey one and everybody will wonder what college I go to
    ive got a half finished varigated blue one with black ends somewhere but its a bit bulimic ie it gets fatter and thinner like all the time..... but its very snuggly.

anyone here got a very thin neck and has black & blue as college colours? hehehe

Wait - what are *my * college colours? pembroke? somoen find out for me, im lazy. Maybe i could keep my scarfy after all......... my current one is a black Action Man one - funky.

Acaila i added you to my msn im burns andburns ok

rosie

ReputationRep:
    Bah! Real men have no need of scarves.

I have just acquired a rather nice dressing gown though. It was my great-uncles. Dark blue 40's style. Very... Hugh Heffner.

i need a dressing gown, i think. although i could just keep using my coat like i have been.....lol. when the fire alarm goes off, I will mock other people shivering in kimonos!

what a plan.

By the way...I was thinking of getting a blender for uni becaus., well, i eat a lot of soup. and i like smoothies too. Good idea? (not a whole food processor, either just the blender bit or one of those blender on a stick thingys)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    well i am really shite at knitting but if you are serious I will ask her to give you a quote...!
    Yeah, I'm serious...I wouldn't mind something similar to the Robo scarf, but with slightly different colours.

Pembroke colours:

Fluffstar's favourite.

Yeah, I'm serious...I wouldn't mind something similar to the Robo scarf, but with slightly different colours.

Pembroke colours:

Fluffstar's favourite.
    bling so my blue scarf would do if i ever a) found b) finished it!

it took me ages to work out what "robo" meant, i thought it was like "robocop" still thinking of my action man scarf........

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like to know what these colours mean...a few colleges have Oxford's blue rather than Cambridge's...I also think the Jesus scarf colours should be Robinson's. It's a similar colour to the bricks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i need a dressing gown, i think. although i could just keep using my coat like i have been.....lol. when the fire alarm goes off, I will mock other people shivering in kimonos!

what a plan.

By the way...I was thinking of getting a blender for uni becaus., well, i eat a lot of soup. and i like smoothies too. Good idea? (not a whole food processor, either just the blender bit or one of those blender on a stick thingys)
    I'm holding out till I get there. After all, I hear Sidney is currently engaged in a battle to allow Toasters in the rooms. It mightn't be a bad idea to see if they have a blender already in the communal kitchen.

I know what you mean though. Try whisking egg whites by hand. Argh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    bling so my blue scarf would do if i ever a) found b) finished it!

it took me ages to work out what "robo" meant, i thought it was like "robocop" still thinking of my action man scarf........
    u could wear ur fetching school scarf too.....

(Original post by visesh)
    u could wear ur fetching school scarf too.....
    i dont have one, sadly. although now i think about it - ITS THE SAME COLOURS AS PEMBROKE???

i think i may have had one when smaller biut i do lose most things, none the less i will try ad find it and flog it to american toursist as a pembroke scarf

(Original post by Faboba)
    I'm holding out till I get there. After all, I hear Sidney is currently engaged in a battle to allow Toasters in the rooms. It mightn't be a bad idea to see if they have a blender already in the communal kitchen.

I know what you mean though. Try whisking egg whites by hand. Argh!
    mm i dont fancy scraping someone elses dried on ming off though. so i dunno. i dont think we would already have one in the kitchen, pembroke is verrrrrrrrry basic kitchens - sorry gyp rooms - but someone else might bring one.......?

if i did bring one id probably be nasty and keep it in my rom when i wasnt using it. my boyfriends stuff got all crudded up cos people took it and never washed it when he was at uni.

i thinhk stick blenders are like £5 from argos tho i dont know how long they last. so it wouldnt be a huge investment. i dont kow if they are any good though? anyone? we just have a jug type blender

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i dont have one, sadly. although now i think about it - ITS THE SAME COLOURS AS PEMBROKE???

i think i may have had one when smaller biut i do lose most things, none the less i will try ad find it and flog it to american toursist as a pembroke scarf
    nick it of ur sister. she ruins them anyway....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    There are some really nice ones and some really minging ones there
    (Although I would say corpus has a minging one :P )

EDIT: Hmmm I may get a uni scarf then too
    You can get double sided ones, with uni colours on one side and your college colours on the other. They're more expensive though; over £20 I think. Mine is just a Clare one, with the college crest at one end, but you only notice that if you're properly inspecting it, it can be hidden

In answer to whoever asked, yes, loads of people do wear college scarves around Cambridge, especially in the middle of winter. They're a bit itchy at first, but my school scarf was similar material, so I was used to it, and they're ever so lovely and warm (protect you from the arctic winds across the Fens). Both men and women seem to wear them; there is even one guy who very prominently wears his Corpus scarf to our lectures (bright pink :cool: ), so if you want to, then go for it. Not before you arrive though, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    y'know, cambridge blue actually came from caius? (bit of trivia, i believe it was from the 2nd or 3rd Oxbridge boat race)
    I believe it actually, originally, came from Eton. Cambridge Blue is Eton Blue.

Yet another reason to dislike cambridge.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.