Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    well, he really liked it. he understood the cynicism but thought the symbolism of an onion made a whole lot of sense!
    Could have written one like that yourself just to be original. Ish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Could have written one like that yourself just to be original. Ish.
    lol
    i don't write poetry. no. not anymore. not even for terry. i used to. it was bad.

ReputationRep:
    lol
    i don't write poetry. no. not anymore. not even for terry. i used to. it was bad.
    It can only get better right?

ReputationRep:
    i did do a drawing for him tho. i'm much better at drawing than writing!

ReputationRep:
    Righting poems isn't hard. I wrote about 5 last year. Fairly bad, so to speak. I'm going to stick one just so I can feel, may be, better about your own stuff.

Untitled

Down the long table pass through the highs and beyond,
    Deformed faces and candle lights,
    Ports and the rounds that its doing.
    It lies beyond the silver cutlery,
    Beyond the wise words of the not so old master,
    And the redecorated dark room,
    And the worn out wooden benches,
    Many have sat upon..
    New ones become old,
    Black becomes grey,
    Many have worn,
    Many thrown away.
    Shame,
    Glory,
    And the rest of the greens,
    Underneath the footsteps.
    And ports, candles and the silver cutlery,
    Down the long table pass through the,
    Highs and beyond.

ReputationRep:
    omg i'm really gonna hate it when one of my friends gets married......it's gonna make me feel so damn old! It's bad enough knowing there are people around here my age who are getting married.
    And 4 months JEES that's quick

on a brighter note (excuse the pun) IT'S SUNNY! For some reason it's made me feel a lot better.....but soon I will be sad again when I realise I still have an impossible amount of work to do along with an ergo tonight.

ReputationRep:
    i did do a drawing for him tho. i'm much better at drawing than writing!
    What did he get you? An onion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    omg i'm really gonna hate it when one of my friends gets married......it's gonna make me feel so damn old! It's bad enough knowing there are people around here my age who are getting married.
    And 4 months JEES that's quick

on a brighter note (excuse the pun) IT'S SUNNY! For some reason it's made me feel a lot better.....but soon I will be sad again when I realise I still have an impossible amount of work to do along with an ergo tonight.
    Don't worry, you are still young. My parents got married when they were 27. So... we still have quite a few years left.

The rays from the sun has just brushed my desk half an hour ago. First time that any sun light has got into my room.

ReputationRep:
    Go! The Mother of ALL Inductions!

ReputationRep:
    INTERNATIONAL STUDENT VISA HIKES

The Government has announced that visa renewal charges for international
    students are set to rocket, reaching as much as £500! CUSU has been
    campaigning extensively with NUS and other unions and will be taking action
    to protest against these latest fee hikes!

On Wednesday 23rd February we will be heading down to London to take part in
    a NUS Home Office picket, followed by a Lobby of Parliament organised by
    Cambridge and Warwick University Students' Unions to put across the concerns
    and issues facing international students. This action is supported by
    Universities UK and UKCOSA.

CUSU will be organising transport down to London for the day. To take part,
    or for more information, e-mail [email protected].

F this F this F this and I will F this. Bad news never come in one lump, they in lumps. Proves my point once again.

ReputationRep:
    OMG dude you were right. I salute you.

ReputationRep:
    My emotion is currently in a metastable state...

ReputationRep:
    Bah, i bet at least half of these engaged people never actually make it up the aisle. I dont get these whole super-extended-engagements anyway. i reckon you should be engaged only when you have a specific date in mind, which is not aeons in the future, unless you happen to be in WW1 or 2. I dont think engagement should be "one step up from boyfriend & girlfriend", I think it should be "we have sent out the invitations and are looking at cake designs"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    Bah, i bet at least half of these engaged people never actually make it up the aisle. I dont get these whole super-extended-engagements anyway. i reckon you should be engaged only when you have a specific date in mind, which is not aeons in the future, unless you happen to be in WW1 or 2. I dont think engagement should be "one step up from boyfriend & girlfriend", I think it should be "we have sent out the invitations and are looking at cake designs"
    Ditto, I agree with that. Though I don't intend to get married until after I qualify (so I can afford to do it properly ), and if I met the man of my dreams before then - some hope - then I possibly would get engaged, if I was asked. But there should definitely be intention of there being a date etc.

ReputationRep:
    whats really stupid is when people get engaged before theyre 16, when their parents would eb almost guarenteed not to give them consent anyway. i had friends who got engaged at 15 ffs.

ReputationRep:
    well i've got two friends who from the age of 15 knew they were gonna spend the rest of their life together. They havent got engaged but they're still together obviously (since 14 years old).....so would you consider that silly of them to think they are gonna spend their lives together?

ReputationRep:
    well, im still with my boyfriend who ive been going out with since *I* was 14, but im still not going to get engaged anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well i've got two friends who from the age of 15 knew they were gonna spend the rest of their life together. They havent got engaged but they're still together obviously (since 14 years old).....so would you consider that silly of them to think they are gonna spend their lives together?
    I'd still be cynical - you change so much from say 15-25, you can't know that the person who was right for you then will be in 10 years' time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    at 14 - and now presumbly they're 18? - that's only 4 years. That's not all that long - sorta an average period of time for a serious relationship really, a reasonable amount of time of being together before even thinking of engagement I'd think.

ReputationRep:
    i reckon most of the ppl that get engaged at our age and actuallyu seriously intend to go through with it are just horny christians

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.