Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
well, he really liked it. he understood the cynicism but thought the symbolism of an onion made a whole lot of sense!
Could have written one like that yourself just to be original. Ish.
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Could have written one like that yourself just to be original. Ish.
lol
i don't write poetry. no. not anymore. not even for terry. i used to. it was bad.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol
i don't write poetry. no. not anymore. not even for terry. i used to. it was bad.
It can only get better right?
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i did do a drawing for him tho. i'm much better at drawing than writing!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Righting poems isn't hard. I wrote about 5 last year. Fairly bad, so to speak. I'm going to stick one just so I can feel, may be, better about your own stuff.

Untitled

Down the long table pass through the highs and beyond,
Deformed faces and candle lights,
Ports and the rounds that its doing.
It lies beyond the silver cutlery,
Beyond the wise words of the not so old master,
And the redecorated dark room,
And the worn out wooden benches,
Many have sat upon..
New ones become old,
Black becomes grey,
Many have worn,
Many thrown away.
Shame,
Glory,
And the rest of the greens,
Underneath the footsteps.
And ports, candles and the silver cutlery,
Down the long table pass through the,
Highs and beyond.
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
omg i'm really gonna hate it when one of my friends gets married......it's gonna make me feel so damn old! It's bad enough knowing there are people around here my age who are getting married.
And 4 months JEES that's quick

on a brighter note (excuse the pun) IT'S SUNNY! For some reason it's made me feel a lot better.....but soon I will be sad again when I realise I still have an impossible amount of work to do along with an ergo tonight.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i did do a drawing for him tho. i'm much better at drawing than writing!
What did he get you? An onion?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
omg i'm really gonna hate it when one of my friends gets married......it's gonna make me feel so damn old! It's bad enough knowing there are people around here my age who are getting married.
And 4 months JEES that's quick

on a brighter note (excuse the pun) IT'S SUNNY! For some reason it's made me feel a lot better.....but soon I will be sad again when I realise I still have an impossible amount of work to do along with an ergo tonight.
Don't worry, you are still young. My parents got married when they were 27. So... we still have quite a few years left.

The rays from the sun has just brushed my desk half an hour ago. First time that any sun light has got into my room.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Go! The Mother of ALL Inductions!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT VISA HIKES

The Government has announced that visa renewal charges for international
students are set to rocket, reaching as much as £500! CUSU has been
campaigning extensively with NUS and other unions and will be taking action
to protest against these latest fee hikes!

On Wednesday 23rd February we will be heading down to London to take part in
a NUS Home Office picket, followed by a Lobby of Parliament organised by
Cambridge and Warwick University Students' Unions to put across the concerns
and issues facing international students. This action is supported by
Universities UK and UKCOSA.

CUSU will be organising transport down to London for the day. To take part,
or for more information, e-mail [email protected].

F this F this F this and I will F this. Bad news never come in one lump, they in lumps. Proves my point once again.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
OMG dude you were right. I salute you.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My emotion is currently in a metastable state...
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Bah, i bet at least half of these engaged people never actually make it up the aisle. I dont get these whole super-extended-engagements anyway. i reckon you should be engaged only when you have a specific date in mind, which is not aeons in the future, unless you happen to be in WW1 or 2. I dont think engagement should be "one step up from boyfriend & girlfriend", I think it should be "we have sent out the invitations and are looking at cake designs"
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
Bah, i bet at least half of these engaged people never actually make it up the aisle. I dont get these whole super-extended-engagements anyway. i reckon you should be engaged only when you have a specific date in mind, which is not aeons in the future, unless you happen to be in WW1 or 2. I dont think engagement should be "one step up from boyfriend & girlfriend", I think it should be "we have sent out the invitations and are looking at cake designs"
Ditto, I agree with that. Though I don't intend to get married until after I qualify (so I can afford to do it properly ), and if I met the man of my dreams before then - some hope - then I possibly would get engaged, if I was asked. But there should definitely be intention of there being a date etc.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
whats really stupid is when people get engaged before theyre 16, when their parents would eb almost guarenteed not to give them consent anyway. i had friends who got engaged at 15 ffs.
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well i've got two friends who from the age of 15 knew they were gonna spend the rest of their life together. They havent got engaged but they're still together obviously (since 14 years old).....so would you consider that silly of them to think they are gonna spend their lives together?
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well, im still with my boyfriend who ive been going out with since *I* was 14, but im still not going to get engaged anytime soon.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
well i've got two friends who from the age of 15 knew they were gonna spend the rest of their life together. They havent got engaged but they're still together obviously (since 14 years old).....so would you consider that silly of them to think they are gonna spend their lives together?
I'd still be cynical - you change so much from say 15-25, you can't know that the person who was right for you then will be in 10 years' time.
khil
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
at 14 - and now presumbly they're 18? - that's only 4 years. That's not all that long - sorta an average period of time for a serious relationship really, a reasonable amount of time of being together before even thinking of engagement I'd think.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i reckon most of the ppl that get engaged at our age and actuallyu seriously intend to go through with it are just horny christians
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (97)
53.89%
Yes, but I want to swap them (13)
7.22%
No, but I know who I want to choose (18)
10%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (45)
25%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (7)
3.89%

Watched Threads