The Student Room Group
So what are the top tips on picking a room... there seems to be quite an extensive database... what are the features one should be looking at apart from rent? I am partial to large windows but past that i have no preference.

Try living in a hostel with 1000 other families in god forsaken south end and even that bottom pool position looks attractive...
JHutcher
So what are the top tips on picking a room... there seems to be quite an extensive database... what are the features one should be looking at apart from rent? I am partial to large windows but past that i have no preference.

Try living in a hostel with 1000 other families in god forsaken south end and even that bottom pool position looks attractive...

Pick the one that says large. They normally have large windows... But comes with it, is a huge rent. Somewhere around 700 to 800 pounds per term.
*shruggs* Thats not to bad... i will lower the cost by going miles from a bathroom. £2100-£2400 isn't so bad a year. Its about half my funding leaving me with about £100 a week... can one live on £100 a week (excluding book and materials)?
Reply 13683
hundred quid a week is plenty to live off. I currently live off about 50 quid a week max
Willa
hundred quid a week is plenty to live off. I currently live off about 50 quid a week max

I spent less than that. If you ask Crana, she spent even less I did.
well at least the money won't be a problem...
JHutcher
well at least the money won't be a problem...

Shouldn't be. Crana spent about 3 quid in trough last term... and cooked the rest. Great....... I spent about 150.
There once was a Pemguin from pembroke
Who wanted to learn to cook
He tried to bake Pemcake
But ended up instead
In frying his computing handbook.
Reply 13688
my budget works out to £166 a week for everything. £119 of that is "non negotiable stuff" - rent/fees/bills - and £48 is estimates for everything else (food/clothes/books/toiletries/transport/going out/laundry/mobile etc etc). that's more than you need though, i over estimated all the catagories to be on the safe side when i was doing my budget.
thats cool... rent fee and bills i excluded before leaving myself with £100
Reply 13690
how much have you allowed for your rent and bills? do you know what they will be yet..
£3,000 a year thats a estimate and probably going to be less than that
Reply 13692
That include fees, or not? If you pay full or almost full fees it's likely to be more than that. Mine are £3200 a year for rent, KFC, electricity, internet, and fees..and me and shuai live in the cheaper part of college...and i based rent on a 9 week term.
well mine was based on 11 weeks... and fully exempt from fee's
Reply 13694
fair do's, it's just you said "thats cool... rent fee and bills i excluded before leaving myself with £100" , which implied you paid fees.
should have read 'rent-fees' an error on my part
Reply 13696
ah, ok. even so mine are 2080 a year w/o fees. if you have £100/wk left over then u should be fine though.
Reply 13697
just wanna thank pol and his girtonian buddies for turning a good night into a halarious night - you guys are brilliant!
*still bemused by Pol, Isabel and Yuqi's flying visit to New Hall the other day!*
Willa
just wanna thank pol and his girtonian buddies for turning a good night into a halarious night - you guys are brilliant!

Where did you GO???? Was a fun night, despite certain older men who should know better leching on my sister, but still we enjoyed ourselves :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending