Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Is that arrogant vanity, or just realism? I have (like you all, I assume) always got A's in evrything. 100% in most... I respect people who say things like "I know I got straight A's", until they don't, and then I
    I know what you mean. It's so refreshing if people are honest rather than "Oh my god oh my god I TOTALLY failed that! Pity me pity me pity me!" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't fail :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Dont you find that immediately after an exam you're sometimes convinced you've failed it, and then after a while you kind of forget about it and assume that you'll do just as well as you always do?

ReputationRep:
    I find the opposite! As time goes on I'm getting increasingly convinced I did badly on my geography exam .

ReputationRep:
    I failed Geography

ReputationRep:
    Well done shiny
    Problem is I want to do it next year so I can't fail. And it would screw up my uni applications if I failed .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    AAB!!! lucky, lucky, lucky.... (okay not lucky but clearly great applicant)

You'll be just across the road from me in Newnham - you're well lucky if you're lectures are on the sidgwick site cus tis right next door isnt it?
    yeah, but alas, my lectures would all be in the architecture department, which is miles away, in trumpington rd!

for my offer, the B can only be in Art, which is the subject i'm most likely to get an A in. i have to get As in Physics and Chemistry:eek: . and after that evil PHY6, i'm a bit worried!

ReputationRep:
    I failed to get an A* at GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I find the opposite! As time goes on I'm getting increasingly convinced I did badly on my geography exam .
    which board did you do? I always come out of geog exams thinking ive aced it, then i sit down and think about the essay qns and im all "you plonker. you completely missed the point"

What i meant was that you kinda forget that initial disappointment feeling. maybe its just subconscious acceptance...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    yeah, but alas, my lectures would all be in the architecture department, which is miles away, in trumpington rd!

for my offer, the B can only be in Art, which is the subject i'm most likely to get an A in. i have to get As in Physics and Chemistry:eek: . and after that evil PHY6, i'm a bit worried!
    Well they might take AAB in different subjects . I would say that's better than missing a grade totally.

ReputationRep:
    which board did you do? I always come out of geog exams thinking ive aced it, then i sit down and think about the essay qns and im all "you plonker. you completely missed the point"

What i meant was that you kinda forget that initial disappointment feeling. maybe its just subconscious acceptance...
    SQA

And I managed to say Prestwick airport (in Ayrshire) is in Glasgow's CBD! Hail me!

ReputationRep:
    SQA

And I managed to say Prestwick airport (in Ayrshire) is in Glasgow's CBD! Hail me!
    ahahaaa! good one!. I did AQA and we got asked about rubbish disposal schemes in our area. crappest exam EVER!

Still, I really think its best to assume that youve got the grades, at least then you dont have to stew until results day

(no kath, you just are uber disappointed afterwards...)

ReputationRep:
    Wow that sounds like fun :rolleyes:

I would just really like to get my grades without having to appeal

ReputationRep:
    Wow that sounds like fun :rolleyes:

I would just really like to get my grades without having to appeal
    appeal to who, the exam boards or cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    Exam board. Kinda like a remark, only they base it on your prelim exams (like mocks, only they are more important).

ReputationRep:
    Exam board. Kinda like a remark, only they base it on your prelim exams (like mocks, only they are more important).
    wow, you can do that? i always figured you had to take what you got. Although if it was like 2 or 3 marks out...
    Mum always said she should have sent me to school in scotland much better system up there.

thank you everyone for my consoling hugs on cambridge being mean

However.......my friend needs AAA + DISTINCTION in an AEA (shes doing 3 A2's, but will have 2 AS's). OUCH!

ReputationRep:
    it's the Final countdown * bobs head *

(Original post by shiny)
    it's the Final countdown * bobs head *
    and it's just *looks at calender*.....errrm........ 45 days to results!

ReputationRep:
    wow, you can do that? i always figured you had to take what you got. Although if it was like 2 or 3 marks out...
    Mum always said she should have sent me to school in scotland much better system up there.
    Well bear in mind we don't have modules up here, so our entire grade (not in all subjects e.g. music and drama) rests on the exam. If we have a bad day that day, then our entire subject could go down the pan. Prelims are a way of showing "Look he/she is a really good candidate who can do this kind of work on the day. Give him/her a break"

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.