Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    Just get a new deodorant...Or just get one, full-stop
    The Repelant works by ways of hiding you from the view of all females.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    is that female compscis or females in general? are there female compscis?
    There are female compscis, and they are the only compscis that are tagged with the keyword "public", hence can be seen by the "world". Where as most male compscis are tagged with "private" which means we are only visible to the "class" we belong to.

Very bad compsci joke....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    is that female compscis or females in general? are there female compscis?
    Probably 20 or so in total undergrads, there's a few more grads I think.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    There are female compscis, and they are the only compscis that are tagged with the keyword "public", hence can be seen by the "world". Where as most male compscis are tagged with "private" which means we are only visible to the "class" we belong to.

Very bad compsci joke....
    Oh my gawd... I can't believed you just actually said that.

So what would protected or default compscis be?

A.

ReputationRep:
    i know a few female compscis at newhall, i think i mentioned this before? they're really nice, and quite normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)

A.
    25% Compscis... and mathsmos who do the compsci option...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    do classics students actually have to get out of bed on a normal day?
    you guys are so lucky.
    yes, we do. on top of the normal essay a week that most arts students get, we have to do language too, which makes up 60% of our grade this year. So if the essay a week is just 40%, and most history/english students only do the essay a week, we do 250% of the work of an average history or english student, but it's assumed by all you annoying scientists that we're all the same.

ReputationRep:

A.
    Actually... What does "protected" do? I forgot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    yes, we do. on top of the normal essay a week that most arts students get, we have to do language too, which makes up 60% of our grade this year. So if the essay a week is just 40%, and most history/english students only do the essay a week, we do 250% of the work of an average history or english student, but it's assumed by all you annoying scientists that we're all the same.
    no one understands what architecture students do... they seem to think its just drawing pretty pictures, but its ****loads of work: arty things like essays, plus theres loads of science involved, and we have to stay in the department til 10pm or so most days making models & doing tech drawings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    no one understands what architecture students do... they seem to think its just drawing pretty pictures, but its ****loads of work: arty things like essays, plus theres loads of science involved, and we have to stay in the department til 10pm or so most days making models & doing tech drawings
    I never said anything about archetects...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I never said anything about archetects...
    didn't say you did. i was just empathising with naelse about what people assume about subjects! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    By that logic, since I often have 3 essays a week, I do 300% of the work of a history or english student. Add maths questions, practical writeups, etc, and you're looking at easily 400%. (and I am an "annoying scientist". who said the person who was winding you up was a scientist anyway?)

I don't think any of us genuinely think ANY cambridge course is easy. I don't see what we gain from going "Ooh, my subject is so much harder than your subject!!".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    By that logic, since I often have 3 essays a week, I do 300% of the work of a history or english student.
    are your essays 2,000-3,000 words long with a 10-15 book reading list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    i really do empathise... one of my neighbours is an architect and she rarely sleeps damn cambridge. damn degrees.

ReputationRep:
    damn cambridge. damn degrees.
    This is Life. Get used to it before it kicks the **** out of you.

A.

PS: Camford it restricts it to the package or subclasses where subclasses in a different package can't all/access up the hierachy (eg call protected members on the parent).

ReputationRep:
    are your essays 2,000-3,000 words long with a 10-15 book reading list?
    We don't have reading lists, and no, they are not usually that long. (This was exactly my point - you can't say "I do an essay plus this or that, and they only do an essay! I must work x% harder than them!" For one thing, English students I know don't "only do the essay a week" - they usually have translations and practical criticism work to do as well.)

I genuinely do not see what any of us get out of trying to out-compete each other with I write more words than you/I have more lectures than you/I read more books than you/I have saturday lectures and you don't..etc...

I think we should all realise by now that you cannot directly compare degrees that are so different. You can't put a numerical amount on all the different things we do and have to do then add them up to conclude who works the hardest! - for one thing, there is a huge spread of how hard people work just within a subject.

ReputationRep:
    You missed a :aetsch: there somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Dear Neighbour, you have forgot to put I have 9am and you don't in your reply...

I am having such an easy time at the moment and I feel guilty and ashamed ....

ReputationRep:
    The CompSci revision tips class is tomorrow at 5pm.. and I got to choose my room for next year at 5pm tomorrow... which I should I go to? Nice rooms, or possibly better grade? Nice rooms, or possibly better grade? Nice rooms, or possibly better grade? Nice rooms, or possibly better grade? Nice rooms, or possibly better grade?

I can't decide, therefore I will go to neither...

ReputationRep:
    This is Life. Get used to it before it kicks the **** out of you.

A.

PS: Camford it restricts it to the package or subclasses where subclasses in a different package can't all/access up the hierachy (eg call protected members on the parent).
    I haven't got much of practice with all the cool feature of OOP yet... obviously...

My friend wrote a java program to check for webpage updates, e.g. newly published stories or blogs. It checks all the bookmarks... Imagine doing that yourself, ramping through 30 sites... Very useful tool.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.