Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what's happened to this thread?
    i guess people are actually doing work, rather than dossing around. Argh I need to finish my 1:50 model today!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    i guess people are actually doing work, rather than dossing around. Argh I need to finish my 1:50 model today!!
    I've not done any work for the last 3 days (includinig today, so far). Spent last 2 hours playing basketball with some rather nice Petreans... and now my right foor is ****ed. My ass will be aching all day tomorrow, that gives the term "All-day breakfast" a whole new meaning... I need to grab a shower right now and my foot is ****ed... IT IS ****ED!!! :bawling: Bring on the crutches.

So much for the fun of basketball... it was raining all the way from KK back to Pembroke. Em... but a shower will make it all so much better... only if the water is at the right temperature.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, did I say that Trinity failed to turn up for physics this morning? He's not in he's usual sit anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I've not done any work for the last 3 days (includinig today, so far). Spent last 2 hours playing basketball with some rather nice Petreans... and now my right foor is ****ed. My ass will be aching all day tomorrow, that gives the term "All-day breakfast" a whole new meaning... I need to grab a shower right now and my foot is ****ed... IT IS ****ED!!! :bawling: Bring on the crutches.

So much for the fun of basketball... it was raining all the way from KK back to Pembroke. Em... but a shower will make it all so much better... only if the water is at the right temperature.
    i hope your foot feels better soon, camford/shuai/vincent
    bloody rain!
    i was cycling through the rain all the way out to the south of cambridge, to visit my boyfriend's old school (he had to return a trophy). it was very weird - odd to imagine him in a different place, before cambridge, before me. i met his old teachers and some of his friends from the year below.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    Yes, grr...stupid supervisors have been piling on more and more.

Shuai, Trinity goes to the A course lectures. I think he knows the lecturer personally or something. Hope you feel better soon as well.

ReputationRep:
    Academic work, pah, I'm having to work twice as hard to get people to play badminton for Clare!

Every one has so little committment to the glorious game!

Alaric.

PS: I lie, I am running around like a headless chicken with work too! You first year compscis have it easy at this time, next year you have your group project and the year after you have to find a job in the _real world_ and do your individual project.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys... I probably exagerated a bit... But my foot is in pain. I thought I got some blisters, or kind of skin got separated from the muscle kind of thing... But luckily it's not all that horrid, but it's still painful... I need to get to sainsbury's now without causing to much shouting along the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Academic work, pah, I'm having to work twice as hard to get people to play badminton for Clare!

Every one has so little committment to the glorious game!

Alaric.

PS: I lie, I am running around like a headless chicken with work too! You first year compscis have it easy at this time, next year you have your group project and the year after you have to find a job in the _real world_ and do your individual project.
    I am having it easy indeed... .

I am worried, becuase everyone else is so much busier than I am. And I'm left alone in my room staring at the laptop screen and wondering what's everyone else is busy doing when there's not so much work going around... Then I realised yesterday, Revision... yep. I'll need to start revision soon if I want to stand a chance of geting 2:i this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Trinity goes to the A course lectures. I think he knows the lecturer personally or something. Hope you feel better soon as well.
    What :eek:? He's running away from the tough stuff and left me waiting in the Chemical lab? How could he do that to me :bawling:...

ReputationRep:
    Blisters??! That it? :p:

I regularly get blisters on my little toes from Badminton, you just have to play through the pain! Remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    Revision... yep. I'll need to start revision soon if I want to stand a chance of geting 2:i this year.
    No you won't, first years are NOT ALLOWED to start revision before me, for I am a third year who's in very much deeper **** than you guys. If you were to start revision I'd probably have a panic attack about the amount of stuff I have to do and the fact I only have 60 or so more lectures EVAR!!!ONE

A.

ReputationRep:
    Blisters??! That it? :p:

I regularly get blisters on my little toes from Badminton, you just have to play through the pain! Remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Alaric.
    I know that. I though a large chunk of skin came off my foot when I was walking back from KK.

I will be aching all over tomorrow. I used to spend whole afternoon play basketball, from 2 to 6 or beyond, and this never happened... my fitness is decreasing faster than I can say "blueberry pie"... man, just knew compsci isn't good for me.

ReputationRep:
    No you won't, first years are NOT ALLOWED to start revision before me, for I am a third year who's in very much deeper **** than you guys. If you were to start revision I'd probably have a panic attack about the amount of stuff I have to do and the fact I only have 60 or so more lectures EVAR!!!ONE

A.
    Well... that's the plan anyway... and I never carry out my plan until it's too late and have to get up at 4am cramming... or do the cramming the night before... or do the cramming after the exam...

ReputationRep:
    Well... that's the plan anyway... and I never carry out my plan until it's too late and have to get up at 4am cramming... or do the cramming the night before... or do the cramming after the exam...
    Tripos exams don't generally reward cramming, they tend to require you to have a clear head and sound non drowsy logic!

A.

ReputationRep:
    My ass will be aching all day tomorrow.
    Camfo :eek:

I don't even want to go near that cucumber in the fridge now.

ReputationRep:
    Tripos exams don't generally reward cramming, they tend to require you to have a clear head and sound non drowsy logic!

A.
    Well, it will work well with Professional Practice and Ethics...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    Camfo :eek:

I don't even want to go near that cucumber in the fridge now.
    I use basketball instead of cucumber, you dumb...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: that MUST be sore, and is anatomically quite astounding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    :eek: that MUST be sore, and is anatomically quite astounding.
    well... Two hours is nothing really... :rolleyes: I used to be able to do much longer...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: that sounds painful!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.