The Student Room Group
Helenia
I did last year. But Clare's special like that.

actually i have a friend in clare who has a set, but for most colleges, no
Looks like a great plan for formals...
Ahahaha! I've got a little hotel room at New Hall; ensuite and everything! :biggrin:
Reply 14383
oh just **** off and die you lot with your fancy rooms
Reply 14384
Helenia
I did last year. But Clare's special like that.

I have a set and I'm in my first year :biggrin: Would be a long bike ride for a 9am lecture in cambridge though! :rolleyes:
Willa
:rock: :rofl: :eviltongu :aetsch:
Reply 14386
Willa

You have the last laugh, me and camfo will be shelling out £800 a term. Plus KFC. Plus leccy.

Insane? I think so.
Reply 14387
hey i dont have the last laugh...there's no way in hell i'm gonna give up my top spot of the 3rd year ballot to get some crappy mid range room! I'm not gonna go for less than a grade 6 for sure...probably ending up on a grade 7 or 8, which are about 800 a term as well!
there is some new accomodation at selwyn which will cost £870 per term!!
some of my friends are getting rooms on Hills road for the first term, for £300, then they get to move back into the newly refurbished rooms in old court which used to be the admin offices. hills road is bloody miles away tho! :eek:

yay! a set for me! :rock:
I'll be at the Colony again, but that's ok because I don't really like Old Court that much. But my friends and I all have rubbish ballot numbers, so we'll either a)be split up, or b) have to live in the same place again, which is tolerable but I was hoping to upgrade.
Reply 14390
is there any college where it's "old court" does NOT consist of some of the most saught after rooms?
Yeah ABBA!! :rock:

except ABBA don't really rock.
crana9
You have the last laugh, me and camfo will be shelling out £800 a term. Plus KFC. Plus leccy.

Insane? I think so.

I won't have any money left to spend on formals next year.
Make sure that THAT bottle of wine lasts you until your 3rd year:biggrin:
Willa
is there any college where it's "old court" does NOT consist of some of the most saught after rooms?

Not here - the best ones are there, though the availability of bathroom facilities for some is definitely dubious.
Reply 14395
well thats the same here. The old court rooms are AMAZING but you have to run across to south court for toilets and shower facilities. Despite that I am still very much tempted to use my 1st place position in 3rd year to try and get one of those rooms, they're so amazing!
Reply 14396
Old Court here only has a very few rooms available to students.. asin probably less than 5. It's where the plodge, post room, etc is.

Having said that, our definition of "Old" is probably different to some of the colleges. Me and camfo live in New Court (which is almost 200 years old).
My room's older than yours :p:

by ten years or so...
Immortal Wombat
My room's older than yours :p:

by ten years or so...

and cheaper?
Lozza
yes. the old court rooms at my college score zero for bathroom. my boyfriend has to walk across old court to go to the toilet/bathroom. but his room is MASSIVE

But Corpus is MASSIVE compares to Pembroke...

Latest

Trending

Trending