Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Drown? You are a boatie and you are supposed to know how to swim. How can you drown?
    well when you row you have to strap your feet in. If I flip the boat over I have to grab around for the straps on my shoes and try and get my feet out. If I dont manage to get my feet out then I drown!

ReputationRep:
    Post number 4444. If I say this in Chinese, I just said death death times.
    eek
    the curse is upon you
    and why is no-one else excited about the prospect of the easter vac?? i know there will be work, but there will also be sleep and fun! and i am going to rome as part of my course!

ReputationRep:
    perhaps it's cos, unlike some, I DONT get to go anywhere interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    perhaps it's cos, unlike some, I DONT get to go anywhere interesting!
    but you still get to sleep, and see friends etc. and NO 9am lectures!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    and why is no-one else excited about the prospect of the easter vac??
    What easter vac?
    I'm staying here, it's one long hard slog to the end now...

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    but you still get to sleep, and see friends etc. and NO 9am lectures!!
    But all my Cambridge friends are miles away and it's all lonely in Shropshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well when you row you have to strap your feet in. If I flip the boat over I have to grab around for the straps on my shoes and try and get my feet out. If I dont manage to get my feet out then I drown!
    You'll be all right! I went in the Cam the first time I went sculling and didn't drown. Just suffered humiliation and a bit of a cold...

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe two of my posts got deleted somewhere between I posted my 4444th post and now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    You'll be all right! I went in the Cam the first time I went sculling and didn't drown. Just suffered humiliation and a bit of a cold...
    If I went into the Cam, I'll definitely drown. I can't swim.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone staying in Cam over easter who'd be willing to have me kip on their floor for a night? (6th april).. i will take you out for a meal or umm something exciting like that

ReputationRep:
    If I went into the Cam, I'll definitely drown. I can't swim.
    You don't need to be able to swim in the Cam. It's about 3ft deep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    But that doens't mean I won't drown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    small people like me might drown, but camfo should be ok

But, if you are strapped upsdie down to a boat, i guess its kind of ireelevant whether you can swim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    small people like me might drown, but camfo should be ok

But, if you are strapped upsdie down to a boat, i guess its kind of ireelevant whether you can swim
    If I was strapped upside down, I would probably have my head burried in mud... which means I almost certain am going to drown.

ReputationRep:
    So I cycle on down to the cam, completely disregarding the yellow flag being put up as I pass FaT's boathouse...and get out into the scull. At which point I realise just how windy it is. So I proceed to try and spin the boat around (shaking all over the place)...and row up and down past the boathouses a couple of times...having a chat with some novices in a tub who despite my nervous look said i seemed to be reasonably professional looking.

The wind really starts to pick up now, and I cant stay in one place without backing it down...and after my inability to steer down the center of the river i decide it's probably time to head home and get out. So I come up to emma boat house and attempt to park...and miss. I try again, and miss. I try again and again and again and miss. On my 6th attempt I come in, and get oooh so close. At this point I feel thoroughly annoyed (plus the wind is making me nervous) so I try and grab out for the bank. I touch it, but then lose balance. There's a moment where I am hanging at 45 degrees.....I had to either do the right thing or I was going in...but all I could think was "OHHHHHH *******S!"

Yes the cam really is as lovely as everyone says it is!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: no that did not just happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    So I cycle on down to the cam, completely disregarding the yellow flag being put up as I pass FaT's boathouse...and get out into the scull. At which point I realise just how windy it is. So I proceed to try and spin the boat around (shaking all over the place)...and row up and down past the boathouses a couple of times...having a chat with some novices in a tub who despite my nervous look said i seemed to be reasonably professional looking.

The wind really starts to pick up now, and I cant stay in one place without backing it down...and after my inability to steer down the center of the river i decide it's probably time to head home and get out. So I come up to emma boat house and attempt to park...and miss. I try again, and miss. I try again and again and again and miss. On my 6th attempt I come in, and get oooh so close. At this point I feel thoroughly annoyed (plus the wind is making me nervous) so I try and grab out for the bank. I touch it, but then lose balance. There's a moment where I am hanging at 45 degrees.....I had to either do the right thing or I was going in...but all I could think was "OHHHHHH *******S!"

Yes the cam really is as lovely as everyone says it is!
    hehehehehe did you fall in then?

And Camford am trying to work out the difference in pronounciation for death and 4 in mandarin....... :confused: I dunno mandarin. My house number is 14 though "definitely gonna die" in other words in chinese anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    hehehehehe did you fall in then?

And Camford am trying to work out the difference in pronounciation for death and 4 in mandarin....... :confused: I dunno mandarin. My house number is 14 though "definitely gonna die" in other words in chinese anyway.
    I understand. Basically yes, you are definitely going to die. Not a good house number to have.

ReputationRep:
    omg I just found out some reeeeeeallly frustrating news!

When the balloting was done 2 days ago, there was (and has since been) an uproar about some people v near the bottom of the ballot (Approx 130 out of 142) who have ended up with superb rooms. The mixup came from when balloting a series of grade 6 and 7 rooms (out of 8) in the most popular accomodation area were labelled as graduate rooms. For this reason most people didnt put their name down under these rooms, just assuming they werent available. However, the group who balloted together and came at about 130 noticed that there werent enough rooms left for the 142 people on the ballot and so asked the bursar, who replied "oh...well those rooms are available....I was wondering why nobody was wanting to live in them!". So they ended up getting amazing rooms

so obviously i was upset about the fact that I came SO CLOSE to being in a great room...if only they hadnt noticed. But what has really annoyed me is that I just found out who got those amazing rooms: A group of my friends who had asked if I wanted to ballot with them in their group! I said I wouldnt bother cos I didnt mind who I lived with cos there's nobody i dislike in my year....BUT OMG I SHOULD HAVE SAID YES. Now they are gonna get amazing rooms 2 years in a row.....GRRRRRRR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    omg I just found out some reeeeeeallly frustrating news!

When the balloting was done 2 days ago, there was (and has since been) an uproar about some people v near the bottom of the ballot (Approx 130 out of 142) who have ended up with superb rooms. The mixup came from when balloting a series of grade 6 and 7 rooms (out of 8) in the most popular accomodation area were labelled as graduate rooms. For this reason most people didnt put their name down under these rooms, just assuming they werent available. However, the group who balloted together and came at about 130 noticed that there werent enough rooms left for the 142 people on the ballot and so asked the bursar, who replied "oh...well those rooms are available....I was wondering why nobody was wanting to live in them!". So they ended up getting amazing rooms

so obviously i was upset about the fact that I came SO CLOSE to being in a great room...if only they hadnt noticed. But what has really annoyed me is that I just found out who got those amazing rooms: A group of my friends who had asked if I wanted to ballot with them in their group! I said I wouldnt bother cos I didnt mind who I lived with cos there's nobody i dislike in my year....BUT OMG I SHOULD HAVE SAID YES. Now they are gonna get amazing rooms 2 years in a row.....GRRRRRRR!
    Down on your luck eh? Think Hamlet. Hamlet is a cigar....

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.