Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what an absolutely glorious day weather wise!

I went punting today for first time....it's amazing. I sucked at the start but got much better quite quickly....I even managed to get us under one of the bridges in a straight line. But I still steering in a very wonky fashion most of the time. Damn good fun though, I wanna do it again! with one of the silly hats!

ReputationRep:
    Dinner at Robinson! Here I come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    what an absolutely glorious day weather wise!

I went punting today for first time....it's amazing. I sucked at the start but got much better quite quickly....I even managed to get us under one of the bridges in a straight line. But I still steering in a very wonky fashion most of the time. Damn good fun though, I wanna do it again! with one of the silly hats!
    I've still managed to avoid ever having to actually punt I'm sure I'd be rubbish. Plus sitting in a punt just feels weird and bulky when you're used to the streamlined sleekness of a rowing VIII Though it is nice not to have to do any work to move the boat!

It has been lovely today, though it was faaaaar too hot in the library when we went in for vac borrowing this morning, and I've spent far too much time in lectures. Have just been shopping in town, and it was so nice walking around in a 3/4 sleeved top and not being cold! I like sunshine

I've also been to the Part II subject fair and am still thoroughly confused. I can't choose between Mechanisms of Disease (it's a Pathology course but more clinically oriented than straight Path) or Pharmacology. There are good and bad bits about both, and I can't choose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Dinner at Robinson! Here I come!
    Hope you enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    yay just finished my last outing until training camp! I bet i'll be having withdraw symptoms in a matter of days though!

oh god cambridge is so amazing atm...I dont wanna go home now! I wish i didnt have to go to sheffield for a stupid korfball tournamet: I want to enjoy the amazing weather this weekend...GRRR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    oh god cambridge is so amazing atm...I dont wanna go home now! I wish i didnt have to go to sheffield for a stupid korfball tournamet: I want to enjoy the amazing weather this weekend...GRRR!
    Just wait till May Week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Just wait till May Week
    I've been getting all May Weeky these past couple of days - the weather feels almost like summer and there is a marquee on the Downing Site! An actual marquee! Think it's for science week... but I'm suddenly planning garden parties and barbeques and punting and completely ignoring all the exams that are between me and the fun...

Yay!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Punting!
    i went lots last term. punting in the rain and cold is great fun, don't you agree, Si? :p:
    can't wait til the summer, when you're allowed to punt to Grantchester!

ReputationRep:
    had another korfball match tonight.....was a terrible match despite us winning, but what truly made this match unique was the following incident:

About 15 mins into the second half, I am waiting in my division for the ball to come into play when I notice something on the floor in the middle of the court....something small, and red....then I have the sudden realisation: It's a bloody tampon! I turn to my friends and ask "is that what I think it is?" to which they all get rather disgusted and then one of my friends says "I think we should tell the ref"....we get the ref to stop the match, and point it out...at which point all the girls in the match suddenly look on in disgust...and i'm getting rather horrified by it all! OMG please dont say that appeared during the match please god no!

ReputationRep:
    OMG how embarassing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Hope you enjoy it.
    I think I increased the average height of the Chinese population in Cambridge by 2cm today...

ReputationRep:
    I think I increased the average height of the Chinese population in Cambridge by 2cm today...
    LOL, quite possibly, I saw a load of Chinese people at Robinson last night...what was this dinner for?

ReputationRep:
    LOL, quite possibly, I saw a load of Chinese people at Robinson last night...what was this dinner for?
    A dinner for new scholars and bursars. Not as exciting as I first thought. And I didn't actually eat enough of the free food on offer. How stupid is that.

ReputationRep:
    A dinner for new scholars and bursars. Not as exciting as I first thought. And I didn't actually eat enough of the free food on offer. How stupid is that.
    Oooh, what scholarships? There's no need to pie out too much before the end of term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    I've been getting all May Weeky these past couple of days - the weather feels almost like summer and there is a marquee on the Downing Site! An actual marquee! Think it's for science week... but I'm suddenly planning garden parties and barbeques and punting and completely ignoring all the exams that are between me and the fun...

Yay!
    The marquee was probably for Downing Ball which took place last friday. Apparently it was just amazing and Downingties really have a reason for feeling "May Weekly"

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to see Downing Ball, but they were rather unfortunate, they didn't buy fireproof decorations and when the guy came to test them for fire resistance just before the Ball started, he said the whole lot had to be taken down so it looked a bit sparse in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to see Downing Ball, but they were rather unfortunate, they didn't buy fireproof decorations and when the guy came to test them for fire resistance just before the Ball started, he said the whole lot had to be taken down so it looked a bit sparse in the end.
    Poor them, didnt hear about that before... Well hopefully they'll remember it for next year when I'll be there! And apparently it was very cold so hope they'll move it to May week now that this "mock" Ball was successful

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, what scholarships? There's no need to pie out too much before the end of term.
    If you have scholarship, it means you are paying out shitload more money than other people. Which isn't really something you want to boast about.

ReputationRep:
    I have to go to my stupid tournament now...i wanna stay in cambridge damn it....lounging around in the paddock all afternoon was lovely!

Ah well...will just have to make the most of sheffield the next few days, turrah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    The marquee was probably for Downing Ball which took place last friday. Apparently it was just amazing and Downingties really have a reason for feeling "May Weekly"
    No, it's for Science Week. The marquee's not actually in Downing College, it's on the Downing Site which is where about half the science lecture theatres and labs are.

edit: speaking of Science Week - I am demonstrating in the CHaOS Science Demo thing in the Zoology Dept tomorrow! If anyone's bored, come and play with some experiments!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.