Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge doesn't seem as much fun anymore.

ReputationRep:
    gutted, i am feeling so gutted at the moment!

Just got back from the national student korfball tournament, where cambridge got ALL THE WAY TO THE FINAL! And we were winning, 2 goals up, with only 10 mins to go...and it all fell apart and lost by 3 goals. I am so gutted, I feel so denied! Things just went wrong for us (me giving away a penalty even though I swear I didnt foul the guy!, Us missing our penalty.....a quick goal they scored while we were still celebrating that I had FINALLY managed to score a penalty...GRR!)

I feel so robbed, being 2nd best in the country is good, and the others are over the moon cos they've never done this well! But I wanted to win...and it was against a team we have beaten before as well. We were in control for so much of that game, 2 goals up we were...I CANT BELIEVE IT

I feel so pissed off right now!

ReputationRep:
    Awww, that's such a shame Will! But congratulations for having got so far, must have been knackering but that's a great achievement.

I'm home now, with a new computer, which is very noisy and doesn't have any of my files on it. But it does have broadband, which we didn't have before, so it's not all bad

ReputationRep:
    yeah it was tough...i was close to collapsing on the first day having been knocked for 6 by a severe attack of hayfever...the worst symptomns i've ever had!

But ARUGHHGHGH i keep thinking "what if"...like "what if we'd got that penalty in"...we would have gone back to drawing and could still have won it. What if I hadnt conceeded that penalty (which i know I didnt foul on...but I should have made it clearer I guess)

GRRRRRRRRRRR

coming 2nd is worse than coming 3rd...if you come 3rd it means you won your last match of the day...coming 2nd means you lost!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yeah it was tough...i was close to collapsing on the first day having been knocked for 6 by a severe attack of hayfever...the worst symptomns i've ever had!

But ARUGHHGHGH i keep thinking "what if"...like "what if we'd got that penalty in"...we would have gone back to drawing and could still have won it. What if I hadnt conceeded that penalty (which i know I didnt foul on...but I should have made it clearer I guess)

GRRRRRRRRRRR

coming 2nd is worse than coming 3rd...if you come 3rd it means you won your last match of the day...coming 2nd means you lost!

Korfball? cool! do you know the women's team? If so do you know Alex Mcallum? shes a 4th yr vet I think, from Catz, and she sings next to me in choir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figgetyfig)
    Korfball? cool! do you know the women's team? If so do you know Alex Mcallum? shes a 4th yr vet I think, from Catz, and she sings next to me in choir.
    korfball is a mixed sport...there is no mens and womens team...just the uni team. And yes I know alex, she is our captain. She was on fire this weekend, scored so many goals: The posts we were using were really old and so were all floppy...this meant it favoured a high shooting style...one which alex has.

She won most valuable female player award as well!

ReputationRep:
    Korfball is the ******* son of basketball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    korfball is a mixed sport...there is no mens and womens team...just the uni team. And yes I know alex, she is our captain. She was on fire this weekend, scored so many goals: The posts we were using were really old and so were all floppy...this meant it favoured a high shooting style...one which alex has.

She won most valuable female player award as well!
    Sorry, didn't realise it was mixed. but yeah I knew she was pretty amazing, actually I probably knew she was captain too. silly me. amazing voice too.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still in Cambridge? Go and see My Fair Lady, it's brilliant! Ben Deery completely steals the show but the rest of the cast is top-notch too How much fun... had forgotten just how much I love that musical

I did 6 hours' work today and then gave in because I'd run out of stamina. Will need to improve that over the next few days if I'm going to cover everything

ReputationRep:
    sixhours?! i struggle to manage that on a normal day....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    I have to Stupid bloody NatSci... There is an unbelievable amount to learn and not enough time

But this evening made up for it Was alumni night so Ian Mckellen was there woo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    I have to Stupid bloody NatSci... There is an unbelievable amount to learn and not enough time

But this evening made up for it Was alumni night so Ian Mckellen was there woo!
    *is filled with near infinite quanta of jealousy!*

ReputationRep:
    ian mckellen!?!! ian mckellen?!! damn i should have stayed down in camb......

is everyone home now then? who's staying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    is everyone home now then? who's staying?
    /me is staying
    It's more convenient to get to London in case I get more interviews and I really need to finish my project and that involves being where all the computers and the fast network is. Not working fast enough on it though, I'm sooo screwed :/

I might go home for a couple of days if I finish the project but I don't know yet

There seems to be a lot of people sticking around, all 4 of us who share our kitchen are still here for at least this week and there's plenty of others around who aren't going home.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    I can sit in front of my computer for longer than 6 hours all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    /me is staying
    It's more convenient to get to London in case I get more interviews and I really need to finish my project and that involves being where all the computers and the fast network is. Not working fast enough on it though, I'm sooo screwed :/

I might go home for a couple of days if I finish the project but I don't know yet

There seems to be a lot of people sticking around, all 4 of us who share our kitchen are still here for at least this week and there's plenty of others around who aren't going home.

A.
    I'm coming back 2 weeks early. But... well, by then it'll probably be too little too late. Oh what the hell, why should I care?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still in Cambridge? Go and see My Fair Lady, it's brilliant! Ben Deery completely steals the show but the rest of the cast is top-notch too How much fun... had forgotten just how much I love that musical
    Yay! I saw it on Saturday, because my friend is in the chorus. It was cool, I love that show. She got to meet Ian McKellen yesterday as well :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yay! I saw it on Saturday, because my friend is in the chorus. It was cool, I love that show. She got to meet Ian McKellen yesterday as well :eek:
    OOH which one was she? They were all amazing, I have to say - I was totally knocked backwards by the standard of it.

And do you know Georgia, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    OOH which one was she? They were all amazing, I have to say - I was totally knocked backwards by the standard of it.

And do you know Georgia, out of interest?
    Kate - she was random maid/lady at Ascot etc. And Georgia who?

ReputationRep:
    Georgia as in my college sister? If so, is she in it?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.