Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    i'll motivate you to work...exams start on 10th june. they separate us from the fun of mayweek.
    That has just failed on me completely... scary tatics doesn't work on me... unless you threaten to, well... I'm not to say what it is, just in case you'll threat me with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    lucky you .

I'm typing up notes still... and it's not going to great. 1 week on I'm only 10 lectures through. Need to work faster if I want to get it done before I got back.

well assuming your exams start later, it means u have more time to revise....i have exactly a month till my first exam.....yey...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    well assuming your exams start later, it means u have more time to revise....i have exactly a month till my first exam.....yey...
    It also means you get finished early and... well I'd rather choose finishing early than more time for revision. Prolonged revision makes me sick... mentally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    You have exams in April! Poor you!

Mine are on 7th, 8th, 9th June... then I get to sit around in Cam until the 1st of July with nothing to do but PARTAEEE!

And Lozza: 3s are soooo not a first, most people in my physics session were getting threes and since it's all done pretty much relatively to each other then it seems highly unlikely there were that many firsts...

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    You have exams in April! Poor you!

Mine are on 7th, 8th, 9th June... then I get to sit around in Cam until the 1st of July with nothing to do but PARTAEEE!

And Lozza: 3s are soooo not a first, most people in my physics session were getting threes and since it's all done pretty much relatively to each other then it seems highly unlikely there were that many firsts...

A.
    NatSci department should just adopt the binary system we use for Ticks... either you've done it, or you've not. So much simpler.

Stupid Scientists.:p:

ReputationRep:
    it is a binary system: You've done it, or you havent....so 0 marks or more than 0 marks

then you've done it seriously **** or you havent, 1 mark, or more than 1 mark

etc etc. It's just 4 binary tests one after the other.

ReputationRep:
    NatSci department should just adopt the binary system we use for Ticks... either you've done it, or you've not. So much simpler.

Stupid Scientists.:p:
    Third year project+diss isn't based on the tick system.

A.

ReputationRep:
    Third year project+diss isn't based on the tick system.

A.
    Is that the reason why you are not doing so well so far?

I'm in love with that ticking system. It totally rocks.

ReputationRep:
    well they adjust it slightly i think....so that in general the top 25% of students get a first...so if lots of people get 4's then 3 wont be a first.....but the score is negligible so i really wouldnt worry.

ReputationRep:
    Is that the reason why you are not doing so well so far?

I'm in love with that ticking system. It totally rocks.
    The very real possibility of getting a zero for one paper really does scare one tbh. As it stands my project is not working to the success criterion, it's 5500 lines of Java large amounts of which still need testing and more to be implemented. When I've met the success criterion I'll be a much happier badger.

A. (sitting in the lab, trying to work)

ReputationRep:
    The very real possibility of getting a zero for one paper really does scare one tbh. As it stands my project is not working to the success criterion, it's 5500 lines of Java large amounts of which still need testing and more to be implemented. When I've met the success criterion I'll be a much happier badger.

A. (sitting in the lab, trying to work)
    I will take your experience on board. When it's time for me to go under, I'll make sure I don't leave things too late.

ReputationRep:
    I just got back from a night out to find my 17-year-old brother and his drunken friends trying to hoover the carpet and break up a fight. figures he'd have a party while my parents are away. V funny to see the little siblings doing these things.

Man, it's strange to be home.

ReputationRep:
    I bit my lip on the same spot 4 times in two days... hidden problem manifesting itself here? I SO think so.

ReputationRep:
    I bit my lip on the same spot 4 times in two days... hidden problem manifesting itself here? I SO think so.
    1. You bite it
    2. It gets sore
    3. It swells
    4. New swollen part of lip gets in way of teeth

this cycle repeats... I know, its bloody annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figgetyfig)
    1. You bite it
    2. It gets sore
    3. It swells
    4. New swollen part of lip gets in way of teeth

this cycle repeats... I know, its bloody annoying!
    3.5 It feels good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    3.5 It feels good.
    Any I missing out on something? Or was just you and your lip? Was it swelled up so big that it actually reminded of suckling on something?

ReputationRep:
    OMG?!?! ? WTf ?!?! ONE£E!!!!

It's 23 hundred hours, Easter Monday, my present location is the lab. I've been here since 1pm and I think I've gone crazy.

Substances consumed today:
    - One cup extra strong coffee
    - Four slices of marmite toast
    - Three Diet Coke (the machine has now run out, I've drunk it out over the holiday weekend)
    - One Boost bar
    - One KitKat 'chunky'

Tasks performed:
    - 500 lines of new code (total now 6434 lines)
    - Approximately 1000 lines debugged, resulting in:
    - My project will now authenticate itself to itself.... WOOOOT. (For technical people: It's now successfully using a three pass distributed challenge response PK authentication protocol with session signing key certification, followed by Station to Station protocol key exchange then swaps to a per session Signature key and sends encrypted and signed messages. ****ing yay.)
    - One celebratory lap of the intel lab (yes I really did)!

Right, that was the easy part over, tomorrow I tackle the hard stuff.
    /me signing out, off home for a curry at last.

A.

ReputationRep:
    I assume that's good then? Well done

Figgetyfig - my sister is already planning a houseparty for when my parents go away. I'm going to have to feel all responsible :eek: and though I might invite a few people, I live so far from everyone (all from the bloody south-east) that I doubt many will come.

ReputationRep:
    500 lines code a day is a lot isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    500 lines code a day is a lot isn't it?
    LoC/day is generally a really useless measure, but since the code is _working_ I thought it jusified to quote it. It's distinctly above average but not insane, it wasn't really that simple code today, yesterday I did also did 500 but spent today debugging it and it was simpler code.

I can probably beat 500/day in PHP, probably 350/day tops in C++ though.

A.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.