The Student Room Group
I know what's costing my time.
A section of the output

//12345678
/*12345687*/
/*12345687*/
//12345678

It's testing the same thing more than once. If it's not doing that, it'll take about 10 minutes to solve the problem. I'm not really bothered about the efficiency of my program at this stage yet. I need fix my generating problem first. And I haven't got a clue why it's not doing what I'm expecting.

I'll change the test for size of loci and see what happens.
Enough Compsci-ness! How is everyone else? Enjoying holidays? (if you can call them that) I am, although I haven't done nearly enough work! yesterday I went coarse fishing with my bf. It was good fun, surprisingly!
Reply 14762
yeah i think i'm getting the work/play ratio reasonably right this holiday. It's just such a shame that I have far too much work to possibly get done...including that bloody head of class report...yikes I should start that pretty soon!
I'm not, too much play/faffage (of course). I am meant to be going to the gym today, but I can't find my tracksuit bottoms - is this a subliminal message? :wink:
Reply 14764
yes...it is suggesting you should go to the gym in just your underwear! i think you should follow that advice :p:
Trust a man to think of that one :rolleyes: This means I have to shave my legs so I can wear shorts :mad:
Reply 14766
I never understood the mentality behind going to the gym in trousers - it's indoors and you're supposed to be exercising so will soon warm up. If you don't get too hot in trousers you're obviously not working hard enough!
Bezza
I never understood the mentality behind going to the gym in trousers - it's indoors and you're supposed to be exercising so will soon warm up. If you don't get too hot in trousers you're obviously not working hard enough!

I am too lazy to shave my legs :p:
Reply 14768
Helenia
I am too lazy to shave my legs :p:

As good a reason as any I suppose!
Reply 14769
if i'm doing anaerobic stuff..i.e. weights, i tend to just go in a tracky bottom. But yes, for ergs of circuit type stuff i definitely go in shorts.
I have read four whole books since this time last week...slow but decent progress I think! Will keep reading until I can muster up the energy to formulate essays from the masses of notes I've been making! None of this gym nonsense for me, serious hill walking is the way, one of the few things I hate about Cambridge is that flatness! I have also been messing around with my gym ball :biggrin: great fun!!

EDIT: Feel the need to point out the nearest gym to me is miiiiiiiles away and very expensive!
I was just browsing the KCBC website for some information and noticed a typo:eek:

:rolleyes:
Ow. Back from the gym, knee hurts. Managed a 20 minute session on the ergs, will be going for more next time. Relatives rang 5 minutes ago saying they're on their way down from Scotland and are dropping in for tea. Oh goody.
Reply 14773
20 mins always looks like nothing on paper....but i'm just dying of boredom by that point, it should be that hard mentally!
Reply 14774
I'm bored.....I should do some more revision or start my head of class report, but that's dull....urgh someone suggest something for me to do PLEASE!
Reply 14775
scarlet ibis
Enough Compsci-ness! How is everyone else? Enjoying holidays? (if you can call them that) I am, although I haven't done nearly enough work! yesterday I went coarse fishing with my bf. It was good fun, surprisingly!

I've only left Cambridge twice since we broke up, once on Saturday when I cycled out of cam to play badminton for a couple of hours in Impington and again today for 3 hours of interviews in London. Hardly a holiday :frown:

A.
Willa
20 mins always looks like nothing on paper....but i'm just dying of boredom by that point, it should be that hard mentally!

Well, it was boredom and running out of time - I only have the reduced rate 10-4 membership. But yeah, it is rather tedious really. Not looking forward to doing my erg of death, which I will have to soon.
Back from a session of physics with a friend... except it wasn't very productive. Can't do circuits, can't do EM, can't to special relativity... I am ****ed. I will e-mail my java problem to my supervisor...

This is a question about "Make me a supermodel".
If you have 2 people... and you say in no particular order...... isn't this a contradiction?:confused:
what's happened to Cambridge Chat? aargh its dying. although it is inevitable that it will one day. but we have to be the biggest thread first!
scarlet ibis
what's happened to Cambridge Chat? aargh its dying. although it is inevitable that it will one day. but we have to be the biggest thread first!

I think it's the Compsci takeover that scares people...

Latest

Trending

Trending