Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lozza)
it's alright for those of us who have sunshine :rolleyes:
Sunshine is good, just don't try to do any work on your laptop outside, will you? Trust me, it's not a pleasant experience.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can't believe I'm abondoning my dinner. My favourite pasta.

It's amazing isn't it? The amount crap I pump into this place.
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Well since I've signed the contract (and offer of employment, and acceptance of their code of conduct and confidentiality agreement) and it's only conditional on my references checking out to a 'satisfactory' standard, I might as well say: Bloomberg. Should be pretty fun, they've got very cool offices (they're very proud of the amount they spend on offices it seems).

A.
ahhh ok well done
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do all the soap operas have story lines like the OC?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lozza)
i hope for your sake and the sake of your work that they don't...

in fact no, no they dont...dont even bother looking!!
Thank you for the advice, the OC feast ends tonight. I got work to do tomorrow.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Richard says:
under the recommended optics book section, the lecturer put under a book, 'may send you to sleep, but will never mislead you'

Some extract from my msn conversation.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A whole bunch of people just walked pass my window... What the hell is going on in Cambridge today?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
-1st week blue has started.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
UGH UGH UGH just realised how little time I have til exams. And STILL can't work. I want to die. Now. Please.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
UGH UGH UGH just realised how little time I have til exams. And STILL can't work. I want to die. Now. Please.
Have you seen the first ever Futurama? There's this suicide booth. Cost you quarter per go. Doubt anyone would want to go in there twice. So, got a quarter? Can I borrow it please?
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Have you seen the first ever Futurama? There's this suicide booth. Cost you quarter per go. Doubt anyone would want to go in there twice. So, got a quarter? Can I borrow it please?
No! I need it!

Seriously, I don't understand myself: I desperately want to get on this course next year and I've seen how little time I have and how much I have to get through, so why isn't it motivating me to work?!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No! I need it!

Seriously, I don't understand myself: I desperately want to get on this course next year and I've seen how little time I have and how much I have to get through, so why isn't it motivating me to work?!
I understand. I've not done very much so far. Since I've moved back, I have spent all my time watching films. I know I have a ton of stuff to go through, but I am just not doing it.

I'm going to find another quarter since you need that one so desperately.

Also, emotional feelings can be another abstraction.(sp)
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I actually have 3 quarters in my wallet in my pocket (had them since december:s: )

I would offer one to both of you...but suicide is not an option one should consider
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
I actually have 3 quarters in my wallet in my pocket (had them since december:s: )

I would offer one to both of you...but suicide is not an option one should consider
You tell me about suicide. I'm asking for a quarter because the suicide booth offer the "Quick and painless" option.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I need to fill in a "Scholars Annual Report". I guess the Cambridge Trust wants to know how well they are spending their money. How come I wasn't told about this thing when they gave me the money last year? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

It's OK - I wasn't contemplating suicide; I was just asking someone to kill me

Bah. Stoopid oversubscribed-yet-fascinating courses. If they didn't let the medics do natsci pathology my life would be much, much easier...
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think I might want to do that in my third year
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I need a new hole puncher, I had this one for almost 20 years now.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think I might want to do that in my third year
Meh, that's OK: you won't be competing with me... Wish they'd just ban 'em from doing it THIS year And while they're at it they could ban all the other natscis too...
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Meh, that's OK: you won't be competing with me... Wish they'd just ban 'em from doing it THIS year And while they're at it they could ban all the other natscis too...
That's a bit harsh. Although I agree that medics should be banned from entering NatSci lectures.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.97%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.6%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (67)
18.16%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
21.14%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (38)
10.3%
I haven't started researching yet (40)
10.84%

Watched Threads