Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    it's alright for those of us who have sunshine :rolleyes:
    Sunshine is good, just don't try to do any work on your laptop outside, will you? Trust me, it's not a pleasant experience.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I'm abondoning my dinner. My favourite pasta.

It's amazing isn't it? The amount crap I pump into this place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Well since I've signed the contract (and offer of employment, and acceptance of their code of conduct and confidentiality agreement) and it's only conditional on my references checking out to a 'satisfactory' standard, I might as well say: Bloomberg. Should be pretty fun, they've got very cool offices (they're very proud of the amount they spend on offices it seems).

A.
    ahhh ok well done

ReputationRep:
    Do all the soap operas have story lines like the OC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    i hope for your sake and the sake of your work that they don't...

in fact no, no they dont...dont even bother looking!!
    Thank you for the advice, the OC feast ends tonight. I got work to do tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Richard says:
    under the recommended optics book section, the lecturer put under a book, 'may send you to sleep, but will never mislead you'

Some extract from my msn conversation.

ReputationRep:
    A whole bunch of people just walked pass my window... What the hell is going on in Cambridge today?

ReputationRep:
    -1st week blue has started.

ReputationRep:
    UGH UGH UGH just realised how little time I have til exams. And STILL can't work. I want to die. Now. Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    UGH UGH UGH just realised how little time I have til exams. And STILL can't work. I want to die. Now. Please.
    Have you seen the first ever Futurama? There's this suicide booth. Cost you quarter per go. Doubt anyone would want to go in there twice. So, got a quarter? Can I borrow it please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Have you seen the first ever Futurama? There's this suicide booth. Cost you quarter per go. Doubt anyone would want to go in there twice. So, got a quarter? Can I borrow it please?
    No! I need it!

Seriously, I don't understand myself: I desperately want to get on this course next year and I've seen how little time I have and how much I have to get through, so why isn't it motivating me to work?!

ReputationRep:
    No! I need it!

Seriously, I don't understand myself: I desperately want to get on this course next year and I've seen how little time I have and how much I have to get through, so why isn't it motivating me to work?!
    I understand. I've not done very much so far. Since I've moved back, I have spent all my time watching films. I know I have a ton of stuff to go through, but I am just not doing it.

I'm going to find another quarter since you need that one so desperately.

Also, emotional feelings can be another abstraction.(sp)

ReputationRep:
    I actually have 3 quarters in my wallet in my pocket (had them since december:s: )

I would offer one to both of you...but suicide is not an option one should consider

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I actually have 3 quarters in my wallet in my pocket (had them since december:s: )

I would offer one to both of you...but suicide is not an option one should consider
    You tell me about suicide. I'm asking for a quarter because the suicide booth offer the "Quick and painless" option.

ReputationRep:
    I need to fill in a "Scholars Annual Report". I guess the Cambridge Trust wants to know how well they are spending their money. How come I wasn't told about this thing when they gave me the money last year? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

ReputationRep:

It's OK - I wasn't contemplating suicide; I was just asking someone to kill me

Bah. Stoopid oversubscribed-yet-fascinating courses. If they didn't let the medics do natsci pathology my life would be much, much easier...

ReputationRep:
    I think I might want to do that in my third year

ReputationRep:
    I need a new hole puncher, I had this one for almost 20 years now.

ReputationRep:
    I think I might want to do that in my third year
    Meh, that's OK: you won't be competing with me... Wish they'd just ban 'em from doing it THIS year And while they're at it they could ban all the other natscis too...

ReputationRep:
    Meh, that's OK: you won't be competing with me... Wish they'd just ban 'em from doing it THIS year And while they're at it they could ban all the other natscis too...
    That's a bit harsh. Although I agree that medics should be banned from entering NatSci lectures.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.