Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
methinks i need some more kit as well....i liked rowing in my jl last term cos it didnt get in the way, but it's far too warm to be wearing this term. But dare I lycra myself up....i certainly am hesitant!
At least you're a skinny ******* so it won't look too bad on you. If I get an all-in-one it'll look horrendous. Just please, for the love of God, wear something underneath it!

(Original post by ~Raphael)
hehe but isn't it quite handy in order to err look deeply into the souls of any future boyfriend material, to avoid embarrassing situations later?
Hehe, boys don't really seem to understand this, but unlike e.g. breasts, penises viewed through tight fitting thin lycra are really NOT that attractive. We don't actually want to look there, generally - it's all about chest, bum, legs etc...

And for the record I'd never seen my boyfriend on the river in lycra before I met/started going out with him, so it wasn't a factor!
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
At least you're a skinny ******* so it won't look too bad on you. If I get an all-in-one it'll look horrendous. Just please, for the love of God, wear something underneath it!

Hehe, boys don't really seem to understand this, but unlike e.g. breasts, penises viewed through tight fitting thin lycra are really NOT that attractive. We don't actually want to look there, generally - it's all about chest, bum, legs etc...

And for the record I'd never seen my boyfriend on the river in lycra before I met/started going out with him, so it wasn't a factor!
hehe ok duly noted
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There's a w***** across pembroke streeting who's been knocking something for the last 90 mins or so... someone should just ... :mad:.
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
What do you mean...like underwear? Is it common for people to not wear anything underneath an all-in-one?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
What do you mean...like underwear? Is it common for people to not wear anything underneath an all-in-one?
Only too common. And that is WRONG. :mad: :eek: Just imagine the sweat and the mingingness and the chafage :eek:
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
urgh...i'm sorry but that really IS wrong. What crazy fool wear's nothing but an all-in-one. The lycra must feel terrible! Have no fear, I would definitely be wearing some soft cotton underwear underneath if i ever got one of them!
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
spoilsports :p:
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
who am i spoiling it for? As the helen has said...the ladies dont want to see that kind of thing, and I certainly dont want to end up wearing nothing underneath them if i did buy one....so everyone's happy!
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
who am i spoiling it for? As the helen has said...the ladies dont want to see that kind of thing, and I certainly dont want to end up wearing nothing underneath them if i did buy one....so everyone's happy!
ok
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
This is indeed true.

I went out in full lycra today for the first time ever! My JL is kinda too big for me, but never mind, I felt like a proper gimpy rower. Not many people out to see it though. Which is a good thing.
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
WOHOOO i finished my stupid head of class report...yipee!

if only that was all the work i had to get done though...physics test in 2 hours time...ARGH!
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have a physics test in 45 mins and i just realised i know so little
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Great, prepare yourself to be screwed badly.
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
Try and look on the bright side - if/when you do badly you'll have an excuse. You wouldn't want to feel well prepared and still fail!
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
good luck will.
just see it as a way to find out exactly what you need to work on for the exams!
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well atm i reckon that's gonna be everything except for complex impedance...which is fresh in my mind from the coursework! Everything else seems to be a blank!!!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
everything is blank for me, not just physics.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got two really good supervision reports at my dos meeting this week, this really is a bad omen. Now it won't come true

A.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Bah!! I hate physics!

Anyone recommand a good media player for linux?
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yay first boatie hall of term tonight...wohoo i hope they serve something yummy!

Exam went oooookkkkaaaay. I bet i made a load of stupid mistakes, and I was annoyed that I couldnt answer some questions (even though i didnt have to answer all of them). But generally i think it could have gone a lot worse!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads