Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Aha! I am such an idiot. Forget about the Eclipse thing. It's same as what you do in windows. It's painful being a noob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    mine took 337ms to sort 2^20 items. Efficient or what!
    Same as mine. I found it does take considerably longer if you output the result though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    Same as mine. I found it does take considerably longer if you output the result though.
    I must be dumb then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i saw a mother duck being followed round by her GORGEOUS little duckling in sidney gardens yesterday....was sitting on one of the benches and they just waddled over, looked at me, and then waddled away again!! soooooooo cute!!!!!!!
    awww, bless. Did you think about roast ducking at all whilst watching them?

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    My glandular fever has come back. Buuuuuuuuuuuuugger. I dunno what to do.
    Errr, that's pretty ****.

I take it you've told yo' Dos and tutor already, I suggest you do as much revision as possible from your bed. You don't have lectures this term iirc mathmos correctly so it might not be disasterous and may well get you the special circumstances flagging for tripos.

Hope you feel better soon

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    It takes over a minute to sort 2^20. I ran out of stack on my laptop before that happens though.
    Stackoverflow is generally a bad sign you know. Comes generally from trying to be too clever and using recursion wrongly...

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Stackoverflow is generally a bad sign you know. Comes generally from trying to be too clever and using recursion wrongly...

A.
    I just simply run out of memory on my laptop...

How come you didn't tell me installing mplayer would be such a traumatic experience for a linux noob?

ReputationRep:
    I just simply run out of memory on my laptop...

How come you didn't tell me installing mplayer would be such a traumatic experience for a linux noob?
    Surely the worst it could be would be the normal:

./configure
    make
    make install

But then Suse probably has an RPM or something of it if you look hard enough.

A.

ReputationRep:

./configure
    make
    make install

A.
    I had install some libs I missed out... that is not pleasant. And it was TRAUMATIC.:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    someone please tell me what caesarian sunday is all about!?

ReputationRep:

./configure
    make
    make install

A.
    ./configure
    make
    make install

is that the way to install stuff on a linux machine? as always?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    someone please tell me what caesarian sunday is all about!?

storytime....

many a moon ago, jesus caesarians (drinking soc) would always hold a garden party on jesus green, other colleges would come along, have a bit of fun in the nice weather etc. then one year girton monsters (or whatever they're called) came along and basically trashed the place. jesus boys were not happy. girton and jesus boys got into a bit of a scrap. which everyone else found far more entertaining than a general garden party (boys taking their tops off etc)

so now the general party idea has been ditched, and every year the two drinking socs instead just meet on jesus green for this scrap. which involves them charging at a bottle of pimms or something? not quite sure. lots of drinking socs are going again this year, definitely the ****s, sybs and their guests (possibly baby ****s and sybs) some of the baby porcs, the ferrets etc.

ReputationRep:
    I find that discription disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    sounds halarious! How rough does it get though....do people get badly hurt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    storytime....

many a moon ago, jesus caesarians (drinking soc) would always hold a garden party on jesus green, other colleges would come along, have a bit of fun in the nice weather etc. then one year girton monsters (or whatever they're called) came along and basically trashed the place. jesus boys were not happy. girton and jesus boys got into a bit of a scrap. which everyone else found far more entertaining than a general garden party (boys taking their tops off etc)

so now the general party idea has been ditched, and every year the two drinking socs instead just meet on jesus green for this scrap. which involves them charging at a bottle of pimms or something? not quite sure. lots of drinking socs are going again this year, definitely the ****s, sybs and their guests (possibly baby ****s and sybs) some of the baby porcs, the ferrets etc.
    You do realise how utterly ridiculous that (and all the society names) sounds?

A.

PS: Shuai, yes, configure, make, make install is pretty standard for programs you're compiling from source. You can always read the INSTALL file anyway.

ReputationRep:
    so it's just a drinking contest between drinking societies?

ReputationRep:
    oh bother...

I just remembered something about formals... how come no one brings any fruit juice to formals? (I did, end of last term, a carten of pineapple juice to Clare formal)

ReputationRep:
    oh bother...

I just remembered something about formals... how come no one brings any fruit juice to formals? (I did, end of last term, a carten of pineapple juice to Clare formal)
    i just set up a formal with the music society here... only for someone to suggest that we make it a non-alcoholic formal. grrrrrrrr! newnham formals are far too civilised as it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    i just set up a formal with the music society here... only for someone to suggest that we make it a non-alcoholic formal. grrrrrrrr! newnham formals are far too civilised as it is!
    Ok, well if you or Harriet invite me (in fact she owes me one as I invited her to one here) then I can be uncivilised.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    What's wrong with non-alcoholic?

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.