Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    didn't get to talk to him. Apparently he stayed for the formal... at least, that's what I think he did. His computer clicks a lot and makes some screaming noise before it speaks. You have to be patient... but the majority weren't patient enough or they were just stupid... more than half of the people fell asleep at some point during the talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    did you talk to him at all though? I was chatting with someone who sees him quite often, and was saying how it gets very confusing when you ask him a question and he doesnt seem to reply, then you ask him another question, again no response, then you ask him a third question. Finally you get a response: it's the answer to the first question!
    Yeah his communication aide is really painfully slow to input, it must be so frustrating for him.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Yeah his communication aide is really painfully slow to input, it must be so frustrating for him.

A.
    I'm sure the university could summon a few members of staff to make a new model for him.

ReputationRep:
    apparently he is getting a new computer soon or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    apparently he is getting a new computer soon or something
    according to johnny woss a while ago, Prof. Hawking's voice box is running out or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Hawking came to Pembroke today!!!!
    Stupid furcking ticket lottery :mad:

ReputationRep:
    yu pand they can't replace it with the same voice - he's really annoyed about it! He won't sound the same in the near future :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    Stupid furcking ticket lottery :mad:
    My neighbour fell asleep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    yu pand they can't replace it with the same voice - he's really annoyed about it! He won't sound the same in the near future :eek:
    We'll still love him all the same, won't we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    We'll still love him all the same, won't we?
    I hear Rosie loves him especially :eek: ...But it will be weird to associate a different voice to him, when it's such a famous thing!

ReputationRep:
    I hear Rosie loves him especially :eek: ...But it will be weird to associate a different voice to him, when it's such a famous thing!
    You can always listen to the mighty MC Hawking!! "F*ck the Creationists"

ReputationRep:
    Eh, it's distinctive enough, people will get used to it.

I really want to steal his computer and program "Budgie is a farty bum bum" into it.

Ben - if you had SAID something, you cold have gone as charlottes carer, you foo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    Eh, it's distinctive enough, people will get used to it.

I really want to steal his computer and program "Budgie is a farty bum bum" into it.

Ben - if you had SAID something, you cold have gone as charlottes carer, you foo.

Well he's been using it forever, and I, at least, would have taken it to be part of my identity...I would be very unhappy about suddenly sounding completely different.

ReputationRep:
    Well he's been using it forever, and I, at least, would have taken it to be part of my identity...I would be very unhappy about suddenly sounding completely different.
    I'd like them to make it faster though. the gaps of silence is a bit... well... you know, sleep inducing.

ReputationRep:
    Well, obviously it;s not great, but if you can't do anything about it then..

plus, if you have listened to them, a lot of the progreams available do sound pretty similar. obviously not the same to someone who is completely used to one particular voice, but similar enough that people will get used to it quickly and it won't be "completely different"

I mean, did you lose all sense of identity when your voice broke..or did people (including you) just get used to it pretty fast?

ReputationRep:
    Well, obviously it;s not great, but if you can't do anything about it then..

plus, if you have listened to them, a lot of the progreams available do sound pretty similar. obviously not the same to someone who is completely used to one particular voice, but similar enough that people will get used to it quickly and it won't be "completely different"

I mean, did you lose all sense of identity when your voice broke..or did people (including you) just get used to it pretty fast?
    I was just contemplating what it must be like, I'm sure I'll get over it eventually...

I'm still waiting for my voice to break...

ReputationRep:
    I won't be me without my computer let alone my voice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for my voice to break...
    so am i

ReputationRep:
    so am i
    I KNEW you were a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I KNEW you were a man.
    see my sig

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.