Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well of course it was. That's what rowing is FOR! Still a bit pissed off though, as we don't have a proper 2nd boat and unless we get it sorted soon, we'll be going doooooown not up in bumps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Well of course it was. That's what rowing is FOR! Still a bit pissed off though, as we don't have a proper 2nd boat and unless we get it sorted soon, we'll be going doooooown not up in bumps.
    Great for the abs though.....so i've been told....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebedee Funk)
    Great for the abs though.....so i've been told....
    Hmm, haven't noticed so much improvement in that department, I must say. Has done wonders for my thighs/bum and back though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Hmm, haven't noticed so much improvement in that department, I must say. Has done wonders for my thighs/bum and back though!
    Lol...is it worth all those 7ams is the question??

ReputationRep:
    Can u be a rower even with a tiny built?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    yeah, it's not a problem at novice/college level generally. my crew isn't exactly massive! 1st boats tend to be a bit bigger but it's not a steadfast rule. you could always try coxing, anyway!

ReputationRep:
    How tiny is a tiny build?? Anyways....there are plenty of different crews (is that the word) within colleges...the first and second boats....plus novices....if you want to row there'll be the opportunity for you!

ReputationRep:
    Before I started rowing I was as light as some of the senior coxes at my college. But I've made it into my first boat which goes to show you can be comparabley small but still do big things!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I guess I'll see what happens when i get there but if I finish of joining a drinking society i dotn think it'll mix quite well with rowing from what I've heard...

Btw Priya do u know anything about The Orchids from Downing?

ReputationRep:
    Another question for Priya....

Was it you who 'won' the singing contest at cindies when joe scully was there end of michaelmas term?!?!??! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Another question for Priya....

Was it you who 'won' the singing contest at cindies when joe scully was there end of michaelmas term?!?!??! :p:

yes!! abominable i know, but woo! i got champagne, which readily got distributed between all the sidney people

were u there to witness the spectacular event?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    yes!! abominable i know, but woo! i got champagne, which readily got distributed between all the sidney people

were u there to witness the spectacular event?!
    Oh that i was.....and what a sight it was...Joe Scully turning up drunk...getting even more drunk....then swearing at us incesssantly before saying he loved us....

That night shall live in memory forever!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so bored of studying , I wanna go out and party!
    Btw why is TSR so empty tonight?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so bored of studying , I wanna go out and party!
    Btw why is TSR so empty tonight?
    Assuming cos it's a friday night. I'm debating whether to go to an indie night at emma..........

ReputationRep:
    Assuming cos it's a friday night. I'm debating whether to go to an indie night at emma..........
    I wish i could go out too, but no, everyone is just studying... :bawling: :'( U should take advantage of how easy it is for you to go out and party! And then when u come back u can give me a spark of fun by telling me all the weird/funny things that u saw!

ReputationRep:
    I wish i could go out too, but no, everyone is just studying... :bawling: :'( U should take advantage of how easy it is for you to go out and party! And then when u come back u can give me a spark of fun by telling me all the weird/funny things that u saw!
    Hehe...i'm leaning towards it atm...just scouring the net for info about it...why not tell them to take a break from study and go out with you tonight....drag them if needs be!!

ReputationRep:
    Bah! Java is getting on me nerves!!

what's all this Graphics.getClipBounds() business about? There isn't even a fooking example to poke around with!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    yup...emma bar is where to be, you know it makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe...i'm leaning towards it atm...just scouring the net for info about it...why not tell them to take a break from study and go out with you tonight....drag them if needs be!!
    Hmm well u need a bit more of the background to understand the difficulty of the situation fully...
    1)I go to an international school which is very rare around here so people can travel up to 2 hours daily to go to this school . As a result no one lives around me, my neighbours are sheep, my best friend lives 50mn from my house and the friend who lives closest to me lives 20 mn away all of this driving of course...
    2) I live in France so no one can drive until 18 and then the license is so hard to get that basically no one drives until 19 or so
    3) Public transport sucks in france and there is no other mean of transportation than ur parents driving u around...
    4) I live on the Côte d'AZur which is the best place to be in summer but right now, apart from clubbing which starts at 12/1 and finish at 5/6 AM , there is nothing to do... No pubs really...
    5) We're right in the middle of our exams and I'm just a big procrastinator whereas everyone else is kinda serious...

Conclusion: I'm stuck here being bored with no motivation to study whatsoever... :rolleyes: This is my life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yup...emma bar is where to be, you know it makes sense!
    How much is it do ya know?? Plus any other relevant details....

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.