Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    YAY my application for downing tribe was accepted..woohoo! Anyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Check your scales Camford...
    I must say.. it's not a lot rep power you got there. Thank you. A rep point earned is... um... is what...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    YAY my application for downing tribe was accepted..woohoo! Anyone else going?
    What is it?? If it's like a may event thingy...i'm going to the kings affair

ReputationRep:
    are we allowed to take spare lecture notes from the Cavendish? I spilled coffee all over mine .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    if there are some left, then yes. i take the A course notes, i really recommend them for any areas you dont understand/fell asleep in/totally ignored.
    :rolleyes:... fancy notes come my way !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    if there are some left, then yes. i take the A course notes, i really recommend them for any areas you dont understand/fell asleep in/totally ignored.
    The A course notes for this current course is identical to the B course though...hence why I go to the A course, cos the lecturer is funnier.

And geoff, Downing Tribe is a (typically boatie) garden party on suicide party: unlimited pimms and bbq food! Wooo I'm know gonna be heavily drunk 3 days in a row, god help my liver!

ReputationRep:
    Crap... Why are they using the same heavily typo riddled notes? Chapter 5 page 3.. the bit that's underneath equation 5.11. Can anyone explain it to me please? I don't see any connection between that and 4.16.

ReputationRep:
    Equation 4.16 is the distribution function for v (well part of it). If you calculate v-squared-bar then you get 3kT/m
    substitute that in and you get the answer!

ReputationRep:
    4.16 is the degeneracy function, I can't see how you can get <v^2> just using that.

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/reporter/...ly/5999/2.html

The Queen is coming.

ReputationRep:
    of course you cant, but it says that it's the degeneracy function, and you know that you need the boltzmann factor with that to get the correct derivation. Yes I agree it's probably a small typo (it should be 4.13 probably) but so what, it's easy to see what the real value of it should be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    4.16 is the degeneracy function, I can't see how you can get <v^2> just using that.

The Queen is coming.
    what's she gonna visit i wonder?

ReputationRep:

The Queen is coming.
    "She also requests that flags be flown until dusk on 8 June from University buildings having flagpoles. Also, make sure you show the queen your hole"

:eek:
    See, it's a requirement you get your hole out Camford!

ReputationRep:
    I must say.. it's not a lot rep power you got there. Thank you. A rep point earned is... um... is what...
    its a penny saved is a penny earned
    i'm trying to increase my rep power...how can i do that? anyway, its the thought that counts

ReputationRep:
    i'm trying to increase my rep power...how can i do that? anyway, its the thought that counts
    post more/receive more rep

ReputationRep:
    i have 32 measly points (but am very greatful to those who repped me)
    im postin' i'm postin'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    of course you cant, but it says that it's the degeneracy function, and you know that you need the boltzmann factor with that to get the correct derivation. Yes I agree it's probably a small typo (it should be 4.13 probably) but so what, it's easy to see what the real value of it should be!
    You don't seem to care about the correctness of the data do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    "... Also, make sure you show the queen your hole"

:eek:
    See, it's a requirement you get your hole out Camford!
    Don't put your words in the Reporters mouth. Or, there will be legal consequences.

ReputationRep:
    Number 1, I'm not talking about pennies.
    Number 2, there are no pennies.
    Number 3, I know that line. I'm not stupid.
    Number 4, you didn't answer my question.

ReputationRep:
    Don't put your words in the Reporters mouth. Or, there will be legal consequences.
    I really should know if that's true....what with studying law and everything.....*sigh*....i'm sure there's something about it.....just hope i don't need to know about it!!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Um, rep is stupid.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.