Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    £3.40? Damn! pembroke is £1.20!
    Well, it's £1.20 per wash, and I always do 2 in order to separate delicate stuff from stuff that can be hot washed. Then the drier eats 20ps but you need to feed it at least 4 if not 5 to make it last long enough to dry your clothes. 7 20ps a week, it's a nightmare!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    depends how many machines you use and whether you want to dry it or not. If drying how long do you want the tumble driers to run. It costs me 1.60 on average every two weeks.
    I have a drying rack

ReputationRep:
    ours do, they blow up every 2 seconds.

there are all the overheads of buying them in the first place plus electricity, water etc.

everyone else has tto pay for their washing, i dont see why students should be special.
    well it's an additional inconvenience when doing the laundry is kind of an essential task. They should include overheads in the college bill (or maybe my accomodation fees are higher cos of my "free" laundry service)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    sounds a bit like a hoax to me! just to get people sending up crappy warnings to all their contacts
    well... this guy is in pembroke. Got that in my hermes box... He's either dumb enough to have been fooled into doing it, which is very likely, or he's the virus himself... in which case, I should shout "EXTERMINATE!! EXTERMINATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I see. you are far much busier than anyone else at other colleges.

you could go to the laundrette on mill road.
    note the use of the "lazy" before the "busy" implying that me being "busy" usually means I'm being lazy...and when I'm not being lazy I'm AM busy (i.e. I divide my time up between doing work and doing pretty much nothing except sleeping)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well it's an additional inconvenience when doing the laundry is kind of an essential task. They should include overheads in the college bill (or maybe my accomodation fees are higher cos of my "free" laundry service)
    do you pay 800 pounds per term for your room?

ReputationRep:
    do you pay 800 pounds per term for your room?
    no i think it's 600 a term atm. My room isnt "great" though...it's pretty decent

ReputationRep:
    Even I pay more than you do, and my room is not good. So just shut up about your laundry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Well, it's £1.20 per wash, and I always do 2 in order to separate delicate stuff from stuff that can be hot washed. Then the drier eats 20ps but you need to feed it at least 4 if not 5 to make it last long enough to dry your clothes. 7 20ps a week, it's a nightmare!
    Hmmmm delicates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    Hmmmm delicates
    You are one sick and twisted bugger...

How on earth can one generate a "wash load" worth of "delicates" in a week?:confused:

ReputationRep:

How on earth can one generate a "wash load" worth of "delicates" in a week?:confused:
    Depends how active and energetic you are

ReputationRep:
    He certainly is - he kept sending me pms describing his orgasms to me last night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    He certainly is - he kept sending me pms describing his orgasms to me last night
    :eek: I was just showing my enthusiasm for Ben's Cookies, is all

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmm, Ben's Cookies....<orgasms> :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Cookies give you orgasms?! You are one sick, twisted and lucky bugger.

patch: Literally "bugger", since the object concerned, the cookie maker, is obviously male.

ReputationRep:
    there are some things you should just keep to yourself though..

ReputationRep:
    Cookies give you orgasms?! You are one sick, twisted and lucky bugger.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    there are some things you should just keep to yourself though..
    I thought we shared a connection :bawling:

...about cookies that is :p:

ReputationRep:
    I thought we shared a connection :bawling:
    Yes, yes, I can only imagine how painful it must have been for you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes, I can only imagine how painful it must have been for you.
    Are you being sly :rolleyes: :cool:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.