The Student Room Group
crana9
Um...well...go on then. I'm feeling generous.

I don't know what to say. But one good turn deserves another, so I will betoken you thus: Don't read Dickens if you don't like a profusion of commas. :p: :redface: Sorry. Don't take the fluff, please.
Reply 15921
Thanks. You just saved me from a terrible, terrible fate.
dats kool, bra'
Camford
[scroll]Moonwalking:biggrin:[/scroll]
[scrollr]Moonwalking:biggrin:[/scrollr]
[scrollup]Moonwalking:biggrin:[/scrollup]
ooh ooh know the tags now!
[scroll]weeeeeeee :p: [/scroll]
Reply 15925
Willa

But if you insist: Edit your "path" variable in your profile to include the path to your javadoc. Might be in the bash_profile as well!

export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/sensible/java/bin

Aye, it'd probably work in a bash_profile, I tend to put it in /etc though so that available to all users.

I love my commas! They're all being removed and replaced with colons and semi-colons and fullstops and even the occasional dash. And because I'm not confident with my colons they're probably all wrong. And non-technical readers are rubbish, one of my friends got his proof read by a philosopher and they've conflated clauses which just renders the entire sentence to gibberish.

I've only been up for 34 hours, this is nothing, I still think it's going to be another late night even though there's only fiddly bits left :frown:

A.
Reply 15926
There's no such thing as wrong punctuation! You ask Raph!
crana9
There's no such thing as wrong punctuation! You ask Raph!

:p: :cool: Now you're just being silly! :rolleyes:
Reply 15928
All you gotta do is express yourself!
Willa
alternatively just go and use windows, it's so much easier with windows....linux is thoroughly frustrating (I finally found another compsci who agreed with me last week...we found that linux was far too "cool" for it's own good, it honestly isn't that great!)
But if you insist: Edit your "path" variable in your profile to include the path to your javadoc. Might be in the bash_profile as well!

Windows is a piss... Don't tell me to get off the Linux band wagon after 10 installation attempts I've made in the past 2 years. Linux is just about as good as windows these days, usability wise speaking. It's good, takes some time to get used to, but it's good. I might try to find a Fortran 90 compiler and play with that a bit:biggrin:.
Alaric
I love my commas! They're all being removed and replaced with colons and semi-colons ...

You don't love your semi-colons:eek:?
Reply 15931
I thought that was what colostomy patients had?
I was waiting for a colon joke :frown:
Dickens used lots of commas because, compared to modern writers, he frequently used relatively complex sentence structuring, not because he was severely asthmatic and prone to pausing for breathe whilst writing.
Immortal Wombat
Dickens used lots of commas because, compared to modern writers, he frequently used relatively complex sentence structuring, not because he was severely asthmatic and prone to pausing for breathe whilst writing.

lol that is absolutely true. Though wasn't everybody effectively asthmatic because of the smog? :rolleyes:
Reply 15935
~Raphael~
lol that is absolutely true. Though wasn't everybody effectively asthmatic because of the smog? :rolleyes:

yes. especially people who lived in the countryside.
crana9
yes. especially people who lived in the countryside.

Wow, I thought it was just London that had smog :eek: Victorian cows must have been pretty evil.
Reply 15937
Camford
Windows is a piss... Don't tell me to get off the Linux band wagon after 10 installation attempts I've made in the past 2 years. Linux is just about as good as windows these days, usability wise speaking. It's good, takes some time to get used to, but it's good. I might try to find a Fortran 90 compiler and play with that a bit:biggrin:.

it's good, but in general I really don't think it's worth the fuss! It's not abstract enough for everyday use, which makes it frustrating. For example I spent 20 mins trying to figure out why it wouldnt print my work, I flipped to windows, and windows kindly informed me I had run out of credit. It's just more user friendly. I would only use linux in a situation where I deamed it absolutely necessary, personally I would choose windows any day atm!
Willa
it's good, but in general I really don't think it's worth the fuss! It's not abstract enough for everyday use, which makes it frustrating. For example I spent 20 mins trying to figure out why it wouldnt print my work, I flipped to windows, and windows kindly informed me I had run out of credit. It's just more user friendly. I would only use linux in a situation where I deamed it absolutely necessary, personally I would choose windows any day atm!

That's probably a pwf problem. I'm sure Linux allows messages to be sent between workstations, server and clients and all sorts of other things...

I agree. Windows is by far the easiest os to use.
*yawn*

Latest

Trending

Trending