Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do most ppl going to cambridge next year have more than 3 A2s? Getting rather worried now...
    true, trouble is the modular system only works in things like maths where all the modules are separated. Otherwise its just like taking a final exam because of the stupid way they put all three papers in a row. Although i suppose you have coursework to help out...

ReputationRep:
    Acaila for President

ReputationRep:
    Hello all the lovely new members!!! They are Pollo Loco, Crana, Ralfskini and Scarlet Ibis! Cheers for popping your heads in people!!

Now everyone...no more talk of missing exam grades...we're all going to get the grades..and we're all going to cambridge in october!!! Touch wood of course......always touching wood

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    and it's just *looks at calender*.....errrm........ 45 days to results!
    37 for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Hello all the lovely new members!!! They are Pollo Loco, Crana, Ralfskini and Scarlet Ibis! Cheers for popping your heads in people!!

Now everyone...no more talk of missing exam grades...we're all going to get the grades..and we're all going to cambridge in october!!! Touch wood of course......always touching wood

G
    I like the sound of that! maybe gzftan can be morale officer for cambridge acceptees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    Do most ppl going to cambridge next year have more than 3 A2s? Getting rather worried now...
    true, trouble is the modular system only works in things like maths where all the modules are separated. Otherwise its just like taking a final exam because of the stupid way they put all three papers in a row. Although i suppose you have coursework to help out...
    I don't do 4 A levels..only 3 for me...i'm still in wonder at how i managed to get an offer in the first place....i'll let you lot into a little secret....*whispers* i got a C in chemistry AS*whispers*.....but Cambridge didn't know that..hehehehe...i'm so lucky!!

Therefore..i would be doping chem A2...but i'm not....so its only the three for me!

G

ReputationRep:
    We love Acaila * screams the hug whores *

ReputationRep:
    Well we only have a max of two papers I think. Certainly I did. And in some subjects they only split it because they would be too long otherwise, or in maths to take away our calculators.
    I think all of the Advanced Highers are only one paper. But I haven't sat them yet.

at our school the norm is 3 A2s and an AS (not counting general studies) - only a handful of us do 4 A2s, and doing an extra AS is even less common (as it creates timetable havoc).

Most of the people doing 4 A2s, extra ASs etc at my school are headed for oxbridge, med school etc though.

i still think it is probably the norm for Cam applicants to have 3A2s and an AS, as many schools can't or won't let you do an extra one anyway - but probably a higher proportion of Cam people will have more than 3 A2s than compared to a "lower down" university.

I really wouldn't worry about it though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    37 for me
    Are you up in Scotland then i take it?? Also..are you joining us all in Cambridge this year?? I don't recall reading....even if you're not..you're quite welcome here..as long as you don't hijack the thread!! :p:)

G

ReputationRep:
    I like the sound of that! maybe gzftan can be morale officer for cambridge acceptees
    Hehehe...morale officer for cambridge acceptances....it has a nice ring to it...now if only it paid well

G

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe...morale officer for cambridge acceptances....it has a nice ring to it...now if only it paid well

G
    you'll have your work cut out for you on results day though - and the preceding days!

Oh yeah, and regarding contact info as someone said right at the start..

our usernames are listed in the list thingy so it's probably easier just to PM someone if you wanna talk to them rather than having our contact details so open.

however if people wanted to PM me their email addresses, MSN, or whatever, I could make a list that could then be passed around?

even if Im not going... I need lots of cambridge contacts to help me with my work

Mwahahahaha

Rosie (<== has lots of people on MSN solely to help me with maths)

ReputationRep:
    Are you up in Scotland then i take it?? Also..are you joining us all in Cambridge this year?? I don't recall reading....even if you're not..you're quite welcome here..as long as you don't hijack the thread!! :p:)

G
    I'm waaaaay up in the north of Scotland . And I'm applying to Cam this year, and stalking all SPS and Robinson students .

And me a thread hijacker? Never :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Oh yeah, and regarding contact info as someone said right at the start..

our usernames are listed in the list thingy so it's probably easier just to PM someone if you wanna talk to them rather than having our contact details so open.

however if people wanted to PM me their email addresses, MSN, or whatever, I could make a list that could then be passed around?

even if Im not going... I need lots of cambridge contacts to help me with my work

Mwahahahaha

Rosie (<== has lots of people on MSN solely to help me with maths)
    You can have my msn if you want, even if I'm not at Cam .

ReputationRep:
    I'm waaaaay up in the north of Scotland . And I'm applying to Cam this year, and stalking all SPS and Robinson students .

And me a thread hijacker? Never :angel:
    must have been a lengthy trek down for the open day then

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to the open day

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to the open day
    aw! sorry!

ReputationRep:
    It's alright. I just couldn't get there because it was too far, and I had to be at my Higher Drama residency week.

ReputationRep:
    you pretty sure which college you want to go to then? I mean i only visited one, so i can't really talk.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.