Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    no that's oxford
    Aha. Must ask my friend the comfort level of doing exams in gowns.

Is Frank King going to be the proctor this year? :confused: I'm sure he said he was.

ReputationRep:
    My captain just told me my rib might be cracked - cos it's now reduced itself to a sharp localised pain that hurts when i breathe in deeply. I so hope it isnt a cracked rib, if it is I am gonna be so unbelievely depressed - cos not only will my place in the first boat be almost certainly lost due to inability to train for the next 3 weeks....I will have damaged my academic performance for nothing. I'm already feeling seriously depressed about this injury, and the prospect of it being a cracked rib is now just making me feel worse! If I had just stopped rowing the day I first felt something twinge (when it was only bothering me when rowing) I would probably be fine....but thanks to the pressure of being first boat I may have lost my place for the rest of the term.

ReputationRep:
    go the hospital, man :eek:! You can get a "Warning letter" from your tutor which stops the examiner from instantly failing you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    It's like putting chilli in your eyes apparently!
    That hurts :/

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    go the hospital, man :eek:! You can get a "Warning letter" from your tutor which stops the examiner from instantly failing you.
    not for a cracked rib you cant? Although then again it is stopping me revising properly. I am gonna see the doctor this afternoon (I think they're closed for lunch) just to find out what they reckon. But tbh I would rather it be an injury that will heal in a few days time than something i can use as an excuse in my exams!

ReputationRep:
    Is Frank King going to be the proctor this year? :confused: I'm sure he said he was.
    Not for 1A at least - he's an examiner. Unless he's both, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    Not for 1A at least - he's an examiner. Unless he's both, I suppose.
    That was only two days ago... my memory is rotting...

ReputationRep:
    What!!! :eek: Google is recruiting :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What!!! :eek: Google is recruiting :eek:
    Google is always recruiting my friend.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Google is always recruiting my friend.

A.
    This one is in London. I have the ad in my mailbox. Surely there can't be that many of those floating around.

ReputationRep:
    Aha. Must ask my friend the comfort level of doing exams in gowns.
    We can take all that paraphernalia off in the exam though - only need to be wearing the bow tie and gown going in and out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    the worst thing is when you dont wash it off your hands when you've applied it to your injury, and then touch your eye or something. My brother did that, he was screaming blue murder for the following half an hour! It's like putting chilli in your eyes apparently!
    deep heat *is*, in effect, concentrate of chilli. well, the chemical that gives chilli its bite, at least (aka capsaicin). how it provides pain relief is by overstimulating your pain fibres until they scream out for rest and remove the pain receptors from their cell membrane/surface. :eek: (TRPV-1 receptors, if anyone is interested)

okay, so the medics and bionatskis might poke little holes in my argument, but that is the general gist of the thing, and hopefully my IB pharm isn't letting me down so close to the tripos...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khl31)
    deep heat *is*, in effect, concentrate of chilli. well, the chemical that gives chilli its bite, at least (aka capsaicin). how it provides pain relief is by overstimulating your pain fibres until they scream out for rest and remove the pain receptors from their cell membrane/surface. :eek: (TRPV-1 receptors, if anyone is interested)

okay, so the medics and bionatskis might poke little holes in my argument, but that is the general gist of the thing, and hopefully my IB pharm isn't letting me down so close to the tripos...
    Seems about right to me, but I wouldn't rely on that.

Yes, I know I said I was leaving for exam period, but it's the weekend and I've just had a three hour exam, give me a break!

How did you find today, KHL? I'm still not sure about this negative marking lark, it feels so wrong to be leaving things blank! Essays were as good as could be expected really; not sure how well I did but I had plenty to write, which is a good-ish sign.

ReputationRep:
    I hate london... Can't imagine myself working in that place... even if Alaric would be there.

ReputationRep:
    I hate london... Can't imagine myself working in that place... even if Alaric would be there.
    Oi :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Oi :mad:
    I just got back from london... and I don't feel like liking that place.

ReputationRep:
    I just got back from london... and I don't feel like liking that place.

You obviously didn't come to Chelsea then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)

You obviously didn't come to Chelsea then.
    Went past Arsenal's new stadium twice... Too busy... People everywhere :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    i feel like it would take me forever to learn my way round london. cambridge is too small. liverpool is a nice size.
    the point is that you dont need to know the whole of london....it's too big to need to care about most of it most of the time. The parts I care about are my local borough (which I know pretty damn well), my neighbouring areas, and then the routes into the centre of town, and then the west end. That's all you need to know about!

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea = only place to be!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.