Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    the point is that you dont need to know the whole of london....it's too big to need to care about most of it most of the time. The parts I care about are my local borough (which I know pretty damn well), my neighbouring areas, and then the routes into the centre of town, and then the west end. That's all you need to know about!
    plus, if you ever get lost, you can always ring the lovely transport for london people who can give you directions from anywhere to anywhere else. love them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    How did you find today, KHL? I'm still not sure about this negative marking lark, it feels so wrong to be leaving things blank! Essays were as good as could be expected really; not sure how well I did but I had plenty to write, which is a good-ish sign.
    liked one essay, ambivalent on the other 2... MCQs were okay i guess... nothing remarkable, other than the number of them... 275 T/F in 60 mins?

which ones did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard)
    lord of the ring currents
    its about a phobbit
    well some phobbits
    Farado
    Evidence that too much physics is bad for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I hate london... Can't imagine myself working in that place... even if Alaric would be there.
    You worry me.

Besides, there's no reason to suppose I'll be in London in two years. I might transfer somewhere else like New York for a while or I might switch companies. I don't really like change, but I also get bored easily, and I'm yet to see if they are going to be able to cope with that.

Curiously, I don't like London either, 'tis a **** life really.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    i know pretty much all the suburbs in liverpool. and obv the whole of cambridg seeing as it's smaller than a normal suburb...

edit: chelsea is niiiiice
    Given you think Chesterton Lane is taxiable distance from Corpus I very much doubt you know much of Cambridge! Except the centre, maybe?

I've not seen that much myself though tbh; only the bits inside the polygon defined by the Madingley P&R, the golf course, addenbrookes, coldham's lane (+ a bit further east along the river) and Impington. Basically there's still more to the East, South East (Cherry Hinton) and just about all of Chesterton proper and Kings Hedges that I don't know at all.

A.

ReputationRep:
    Punt to Granchester... I want to do that at some point...

You want to go to the Silicon valley, not just New York. I don't think I'm going to like that place either since I don't like London. I just don't like big cities... Intrinsicly dislike them.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to live in any city/town larger than Cambridge. London is dreadful.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge is utterly abysmal for all the normal city things, services, nightlife etc. It really gets to me! THere's a complete lack of convenience!

ReputationRep:
    Thing here

Slightly disturbing... but funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khl31)
    liked one essay, ambivalent on the other 2... MCQs were okay i guess... nothing remarkable, other than the number of them... 275 T/F in 60 mins?

which ones did you do?
    I did 2 (the atherosclerosis one), 3 and 4. Dunno how good they were, think 2 was fairly poor but the other two were ok. And the volume of T/Fs was just insane, I'm so glad Pharm has fewer than that!

ReputationRep:
    wtf? if you think deep heat is painful on your skin, I have to say, you are a real pussy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    wtf? if you think deep heat is painful on your skin, I have to say, you are a real pussy.
    What about deep heat on a seriously painful muscle injury!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    What about deep heat on a seriously painful muscle injury!?
    the injury may hurt but the deep heat does not. unless, as i said before, you are a pussy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    the injury may hurt but the deep heat does not. unless, as i said before, you are a pussy.
    I think that's a rather harsh thing to say given that what deep heat is doing (according to the medics) is overloading the pain receptors.

ReputationRep:
    Someone once put deep heat on my eyelids when I was asleep... I can assure you it does hurt, and I'm not a pussy! It hurt way more than a lot of other things that have absolutely caned!

ReputationRep:
    Be in pain, you will, young master.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the cinema I will... Watch Star Wars, it is...

ReputationRep:
    That is neither funny nor funny... Disturbing, um... it is!

ReputationRep:
    it still doesn't hurt. seriously, what are you doing with it?! it feels kinda warming, but it really really shouldn't be actually causing pain. it's not like it's super-strength capsaicin cream or something. I think its main benefit probably comes from being a counter-irritant rather than actually downregulating your pain receptors, but I don't have the time to research that to check if I'm right.

The worst thing about using Deep Heat is that people comment to you in lectures "Phew! Can you smell that? Someone has Deep Heat on" and you have to pretend it isn't you. Which is why I stopped using it at uni. (I guess that makes me a social pussy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Someone once put deep heat on my eyelids when I was asleep... I can assure you it does hurt, and I'm not a pussy! It hurt way more than a lot of other things that have absolutely caned!
    i said/meant on your skin as in where you would normally use it. obviously that's not the same as sensitive places like your eyes :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.