Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Get off the computer and go and do some revision!
    time to get off the computer and sign my life away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    time to get off the computer and sign my life away.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys! I realise this is in fact a little late, but the thought is there. And good luck to the other lickle Natscis starting tomorrow/later this week I shall think of you (briefly) whilst downing large amounts of champagne tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Good luck guys! I realise this is in fact a little late, but the thought is there. And good luck to the other lickle Natscis starting tomorrow/later this week I shall think of you (briefly) whilst downing large amounts of champagne tomorrow.
    What sort of groovy things happen now that you've finished?

ReputationRep:
    this is the sound of the little compsci inside of me leaving me forever......

AGHEFUHSAEUFSUEGFUHSEFHSEFHEGFSE GHFSEFUHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Shame the paper wasnt as good as i wanted it to be, I was hoping I was gonna be able to get half of the marks easily, but instead I reckon only 25% of the marks were easily got for me. I guess I have to hope not too many people found that paper particularly easy, cos I certainly didnt....desperately grabbing at marks in each module!

ReputationRep:
    The paper was easy if you knew the answers. Sorry willa. And I didn't. I reckon I got at least half the marks. I hope Steven Hand doesn't go to harsh on my OS answers cos they are simple poo. Liked the ML questions as usual apart from execution cost.

I did the sets question for DM. Sets are easier than numbers. Trust me, I have just seen the light.

ReputationRep:
    Where is my package?! Where is it? I want to burn DVDs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    What sort of groovy things happen now that you've finished?
    Goto marks and spencers. Buy chocolate. Buy strawberries. Buy alceehol. Go get college punt. Stay on it until may ball Invade any other punts/colleges/swans you happen upon. Challenge each other to punt jousting matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    Goto marks and spencers. Buy chocolate. Buy strawberries. Buy alceehol. Go get college punt. Stay on it until may ball Invade any other punts/colleges/swans you happen upon.
    People who have exams may shoot you from afar... especially the assassins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    Goto marks and spencers. Buy chocolate. Buy strawberries. Buy alceehol. Go get college punt. Stay on it until may ball Invade any other punts/colleges/swans you happen upon. Challenge each other to punt jousting matches.
    How do you invade a swan? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    How do you invade a swan? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Of all people, surely you know ?

ReputationRep:
    ~half marks for me as well I think. Could've been much worse.

ReputationRep:
    well for me, my Java question in section A sucked...and I now realise I got it half of it wrong, so I reckon I might scrape half marks out of that
    My OS question in that part was much better, hopefully 8 marks or so from that!
    My ML question, well I know the quicksort function I did didnt work, but I didnt have time to fix it - and I hope I wont lose marks for not containing it in a single function (i defined some extra functions which it used). Hopefully I might get 3 or 4 marks for my attempt, cos it has the signs of quicksort, it just screws itself over when it comes to lists of length < 3 (cant handle the median calculation)
    My DM question....I did sets as well, and I reckon I managed to knock out 5 marks from there
    My Java question was by far the best, I really hope I got close to full marks, I was well pleased with that
    My OS question, I messed up part of it, but I think I got the other parts. All in all I hope for maybe 12-15 marks there!

So all in all I reckon I got between 40 and 75%....

That is if they can read what i wrote,....I was getting v messy towards the end!

Tbh the only parts I think could have gone better were the Java section A and the OS main question - i was hoping I would do well on OS cos I seemed to be able to knock out the answers easy peasy from past questions, so I was disappointed when the question contained parts which I didnt totally understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Of all people, surely you know ?
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

<my imagination is running wild :rolleyes: >

<naughty!>

ReputationRep:
    The finding the faults question was nice, although I don't think I found everything. The ML quick sort is easy, or supposedly easy. My first attempt's recursion won't terminate. Corrected that. Spent far too many minutes on that one. should get 15 for it if Paulson doesn't bother with comment too much. I didn't comment my code too much. It just sort of should work with a few correction. My opinion on that one is that if you write it in one giant function it's going to be super messy. I didn't. I had 3 functions to do the partition of the list, which is silly, but I couldn't be arsed to come up with one that's cleverer, say a curried one.

That ML question and Java question in Section A were the only ones I could do... Peter Robinson is evil asking people about Fermat-Euler theorem when they haven't revised it :mad:.

ReputationRep:
    the worst aspect of exams so far has been today when I opened the paper, first question was something I love, countabiliity, knew I could get full marks on it no problem. Then I carried on reading through the rest of the paper, and just forgot to do the one question I was capable of. realised at the end when we're asked to put them into bundles.

ReputationRep:
    *Doesn't understand all this Compsci talk*
    Who wants to hear what I've learnt about soil today? :p:

ReputationRep:
    ah the bundles.... I need to back to revision... bothers... :bawling:.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the problem with the code writing exercises I always find is that I cant tell how many marks i'll get when I know it doesnt work. I wrote out the code in one go...with lots of crossing out (so hope it's remotely legible) and then wrote out a pseudo code explanation after it. So hopefully having "the right idea" will get me a mark or two...which I said was: Find median of the 3 key elements in list. Partition according to this median, and use recursion to sort these two lists. Problem is, that obviously doesnt work, cos I knew you had to exclude the median selected from the two lists (just one element) and that would have taken lots more code which I didnt have time for. So I just left it in one of the lists, which causes memory errors and obviously things crashing when you get down to small lists!
    That's why I dont like ml.....it takes far too much code to do something, whereas it takes an ingenius insight to do it in a short bit of code...which is obviously what paulson is after!

ReputationRep:
    my codes is two sides for the sorting. but anyway, it works at least. So I think it does... I'm going to lose a few marks on the compexity.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.