Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So it was a gangland car chase then? Like Bollywood...

ReputationRep:
    actually, we chased a car...

ReputationRep:
    always knew you lot had mafia connections...

ReputationRep:
    we also totally lost a race. but we weren't really trying, to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    That's because of certain restrictions placed on me...

and the fact that 5 people in a 1.4L car really cannot compete with 2 people in a 3.5L Audi TT...

ReputationRep:
    and the fact i didn't want to die.

ReputationRep:
    ok, how many things have you crashed into?

ReputationRep:
    did i hurt myself? no.

ReputationRep:
    were you in tears? yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    did i hurt myself? no.
    :flute: No comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    jeeeeeeeees!!! Just cos my actual experiences were different to what I expected them to be, doesnt mean they were worse! I only had doubts about my college choice at the beginning because I wasnt very happy at university for the first few weeks, and was looking for something to blame. Obviously I have settled in, and realise my unhappiness was partly out of my unwell state in first time, as well as the unfamiliar routine! I'm now very happy at emmanuel, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

But if your point was merely to express the fact that things can be different to what you reckon they will be like, then you're right - don't get your hopes up people, you wont be sure what life is like until you get here!
    It was that, basically - until you got there you were all "Yeah baby, Emma is the best, Emma people rule, you all suck, I know Emma is coolest, I know more than you people who are already there and know something about what life at the university is like..." (slight exaggeration, but you get the point) - winding up us old hands no end! and then you arrived and were quite disappointed for a while about what the reality was actually like. It just seems minimo et al are reliving this all over again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    were you in tears? yes.
    so? I'm not a total emotional robot, and? I cry at all kinds of stupid crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4664065.stm

Cam students are rather cool... please let me be a Cam student!!!!
    Mike is uber cool though. And very nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    It was that, basically - until you got there you were all "Yeah baby, Emma is the best, Emma people rule, you all suck, I know Emma is coolest, I know more than you people who are already there and know something about what life at the university is like..." (slight exaggeration, but you get the point) - winding up us old hands no end! and then you arrived and were quite disappointed for a while about what the reality was actually like. It just seems minimo et al are reliving this all over again
    a slight exaggeration!? as far as I recollect, yes I was excited, but I don't think you people were objecting to what any of us were saying!

And anyway, what you on about....Emma is coolest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Hehe no harm done being enthusiastic.

Nottingham Uni rules! and Emma is ok :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    a slight exaggeration!? as far as I recollect, yes I was excited, but I don't think you people were objecting to what any of us were saying!

And anyway, what you on about....Emma is coolest!
    Not in public, honey. :p:

And you know it's all about the yellow fire

ReputationRep:
    Where can one obtain some ED medication? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    :eek: Poor Camfo...I have a mental picture of him chased by hooligans.
    I have it too, it's great, a big chinese guy (of at least 6'3"?) being chased by a pack of 11 year olds barely up to his waist!

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    I have it too, it's great, a big chinese guy (of at least 6'3"?) being chased by a pack of 11 year olds barely up to his waist!

A.
    He was in a car with the doors locked:rolleyes:

We did see a garyboy with blue LEDs on his bicycle too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)

A.
    I have been chased by a pack of year 9 kids before.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Corpus Christi College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Pembroke College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.