Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004) Watch

This discussion is closed.
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
are you claiming this is a book aimed at adults!? No it was originally for children, and children want a happy ending, they can't cope with permanent tragedy! Even Tolkein gave us a happy ending for goodness sake!
Um... no, I was claiming that not every single children's book has a happy ending..
androidkiller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Argh! I'm in Switzerland on a placement and couldn't really even afford to get a copy over here. Hopefully by the time I get back noone will be talking about it any more
Camford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Woohoo! I have finally finished watching all the Futurama there is. I am a free man now! Woohoo!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
are you claiming this is a book aimed at adults!? No it was originally for children, and children want a happy ending, they can't cope with permanent tragedy! Even Tolkein gave us a happy ending for goodness sake!
Are you claiming Tolkein had a week mind? :wtf?:
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lauren)
ah you are obviously not enough of a hp keeno. there are two covers now, one for kids, one for adults. i think this is more of a marketing technique though...
Of course I am an HP keeno! The adult covers were only created because adults felt embarrassed seen to be reading a kids book!

And anyway, my other points still mean I feel confident that things will end happily rather than being left as they are regarding the major incident!
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The way you use exclamation marks really turns me on!
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
indeed it seems I have been exclaiming far too much in the past 2 posts
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so that's what does it! I shall pass on this information to, umm, someone else.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I declare a jihad on you baby!
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That was a rather insensitive remark
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
On another message board a surprising number of people confessed to being turned on by....watching other people write.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I'm now deeply suspicious of all the additional handwriting lessons foisted on me as a child. Pervs!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I declare a jihad on you baby!
Does your own exlaimations turn yourself on? ^o)
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
On another message board a surprising number of people confessed to being turned on by....watching other people write.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I'm now deeply suspicious of all the additional handwriting lessons foisted on me as a child. Pervs!
To be honest, your hand writing isn't that sexy.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Does your own exlaimations turn yourself on? ^o)
It's self abuse. I'm not proud of it
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by coldfish)
Last one left able to ride their bike wins?

I don't even have a /copy/ of the new HP book. I'm hoping to scab a copy off somebody and use it to fill the time before I get a lovely package from Amazon.
Don't drink and cycle.... or cook. Your friends depend on you to have a clear conscience when they have dropped flat on the carpet in weatherspoons.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

rofl!

A.

Woo: 3000.
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by androidkiller)
Argh! I'm in Switzerland on a placement and couldn't really even afford to get a copy over here. Hopefully by the time I get back noone will be talking about it any more
I'm in Taiwan, and I managed to get hold of a copy in Kaosihung. It was the same price as in England - about 8 pounds.

We're still facing the wrath of Typhoon Haitang out here. Its an experience, but we've had to spend most of our time inside so I've had a lot of time to read HP!
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lauren)
ah you are obviously not enough of a hp keeno. there are two covers now, one for kids, one for adults. i think this is more of a marketing technique though...
Yep, I don't know too many adults who would sit and read a bright blue and green book on a train! Personally, I like the adult cover better.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Yep, I don't know too many adults who would sit and read a bright blue and green book on a train! Personally, I like the adult cover better.
See, that's the reason why they made the "adult version". Is it any more sexy than the child version? I don't think so. It's only there to make the adults less, well, you know, stupid.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i like the 'adult' cover. it's dark and ominous and sinister
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (237)
91.51%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (22)
8.49%

Watched Threads