Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The adult cover does look better, but I'd rather read the children's version on the train. Be proud to be reading a children's book.

ReputationRep:
    I like the US children's covers, the UK children's one looks pretty lame. Enid Blyton covers appear more mature than the Bloomsbury children's ones.

ReputationRep:
    They started doing alternative "adult" covers for the Terry Pratchett books as well, in the same style as the HP ones. The old Terry Pratchett covers beat the HP ones hand down for colourfulness/childishness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Don't drink and cycle.... or cook. Your friends depend on you to have a clear conscience when they have dropped flat on the carpet in weatherspoons.
    Clear conscience? I don't think I'll ever have one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    Clear conscience? I don't think I'll ever have one of them.
    are you hitting on him? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    are you hitting on him? :p:
    Dude, you casted a spell on me...

No job agency wants me . I guess I'll have to spend my summer with computing books then. I'll be a super nerd before I even know it. Oh wait, I am already super.

ReputationRep:
    I just didn't get what was meant by needing a clear conscience. :/
    Easily confused.

... though I just realised why it was that it could look bad. :>.<:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Yep, I don't know too many adults who would sit and read a bright blue and green book on a train! Personally, I like the adult cover better.
    There were plenty of them sat around Reading station with me on Sunday night when our train was delayed

And no, I still haven't finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Woohoo! I have finally finished watching all the Futurama there is. I am a free man now! Woohoo!
    Congrats, now you only need to re-watch it with audio commentary switched on (unless, of course, you have already done that)

ReputationRep:
    hmmm. do i delve into a nice thick tome entitled "German history since 1800"

or do i attempt to finish HP......

the dilemma continues.....

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    Congrats, now you only need to re-watch it with audio commentary switched on (unless, of course, you have already done that)
    I don't have the commented version. *Ahem*

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished listening to the first book. now... do I have enough concentration left for the next one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Yep, I don't know too many adults who would sit and read a bright blue and green book on a train! Personally, I like the adult cover better.
    Yeh same - last year my mum didn't know about the adult versions and bought a bright yellow cover Order of the Phoenix and I went and told her she should've got the adults version cus the cover is just so much cooler! Looks more mysterious - and the kids covers ones don't even look nice. The art is pretty crap.

So this year I made sure they got the adults one for Half-Blood Prince :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey Iris, gonna PM you tomorrow. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Bow down to the curry master!! :adore: :adore: :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Curry makes me cry :bawling:
    How d'you make that crying smillie?

EDIT: Cheers Vish.

ReputationRep:
    bawling surrounded by colons

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: I'm bored Visesh are u available online? Ill try... :p:

ReputationRep:
    WOHOOO I bumped!!!! I turn up to row in this scratch crew who have never rowed together before (some of the crew havent rowed for over a year). We were 17th in the first division, and so didnt want to go down where we would become the sandwich boat!
    But when I get there, they tell me I have to stroke the damn boat because I am the guy who has been in a boat most recently. So I freak out about this, and we try practice starts on the way to the start and we're doing absolute crap, quiching it everywhere. But when we go off the start, we quiched it as usual and then seemed to find a rhythm, and bumped the crew ahead down first post reach! We have confidence we can get a bump tomorrow as well if we're lucky......I don't want to speak too soon but my god I'm still on track for blades!!!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.