Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Last time I was in London I took the train up to Cambridge and a friend showed me around a few colleges. He's at Robinson so I had a slightly more informed tour there, plus I got to see his room (he has a balcony and an en suite!!!).
    Plus Robinson has squirrels, and a drama soc that have performed my favourite play and do musicals. And they supposedly have the best food of any college, and it isn't one of the heavily oversubscribed colleges, but still has a decent intake for SPS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    self-preservation. After S1 (why did i screw up the EASIEST MODULE DAMMIT!!) i'd convinced myself i hadnt got in, but hey, i thought i might as well enjoy the feeling of getting in to cambridge for as long as possible

I messed that one up too! (relatively...)

"ten to the minus thirty five metres"... That's thick! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Last time I was in London I took the train up to Cambridge and a friend showed me around a few colleges. He's at Robinson so I had a slightly more informed tour there, plus I got to see his room (he has a balcony and an en suite!!!).
    Plus Robinson has squirrels, and a drama soc that have performed my favourite play and do musicals. And they supposedly have the best food of any college, and it isn't one of the heavily oversubscribed colleges, but still has a decent intake for SPS.
    hmm, the best food? might be popping over the road to eat there then...
    I'm interested in drama socs too, but i've only had singing lessons, no drama wonder if newnham have got one...
    lol, squirrels
    (Original post by polthegael)
    I messed that one up too! (relatively...)

"ten to the minus thirty five metres"... That's thick! lol
    christ! what board did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    thank you everyone for my consoling hugs on cambridge being mean

However.......my friend needs AAA + DISTINCTION in an AEA (shes doing 3 A2's, but will have 2 AS's). OUCH!

HARDCORE!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in drama socs too, but i've only had singing lessons, no drama wonder if newnham have got one...
    lol, squirrels

christ! what board did you do?

Which board for what?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Which board for what?!
    S1. i did OCR

ReputationRep:
    S1. i did OCR
    Same here... I didn't have a clue for most of it. I figured on getting around 60%, but they gave me 92... Not quite sure how, but I didn't complain!!!

ReputationRep:
    you got your mark already? ..or did you not take it in this exam session? My school does it weird, we do P1 P2 M1 in yr 12 and P3 S1 S2 in yr 13.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't leave me out... I'm going to be off line for a week (off on holiday), back Sat...

My email is [email protected]

I have set threads up on Cambridge forum of www.newstudent.org so if anyone was up for looking there, maybe we could start up some of the societies/social groups I suggested there...

Best Wishes to you all

P.S.... Does anyone else think Fluffstar has a cute smile from her profile picture?!

ReputationRep:
    you got your mark already? ..or did you not take it in this exam session? My school does it weird, we do P1 P2 M1 in yr 12 and P3 S1 S2 in yr 13.
    Did my A-levels last year at once (got 4A's and Biology AEA merit (damn! 80% on essays, 35 or so on short answers! But was only one in college taking it and had no lessons in it - excuses, excuses!)

ReputationRep:
    ...hence you having the unconditional offer. swine.

ReputationRep:
    lol, squirrels
    Yay drama socs! With singing lessons you'd probably be better at musicals than I am. And even if Newnham don't have one, there are plenty of university wide societies. Also I think some college societies allow members from other colleges to join.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Yay drama socs! With singing lessons you'd probably be better at musicals than I am. And even if Newnham don't have one, there are plenty of university wide societies. Also I think some college societies allow members from other colleges to join.
    WOO! sounds like fun - i've only ever done two musicals - oliver! (i was the RIIIPE strawberries RIIIIPE!! woman) and my fair lady (boring old maid ) always wanted to do more! What ones have you done?
    wonder if theyres some threads on here about drama socs at uni...

I'm going to found the Society for People Crap At Everything Other Societies Are Based On.

you are only eligible to join if you are crap at sports, music, acting, don't have a particularly interesting religion or ethnic origin, etc.

On the other hand, I might just join the Singing Society to irritate the other members. I have always wanted to join something like (I dunno if they really have one or what it's called) Cambridge Asian Students Unite or something (being as I'm white), and see if they come up with a reason to not let me join? Hmm.....what else could I join... I'd make up my own religion and start a group, but that's already been done (and no one else would join anyway)

However here is a point again where Nottingham owns Cambridge........ nottingham has a MUTANT SOCIETY! and even better - I'd be eligible to join!

However again, Warwick probably wins as it not only has a Mutant society but also a League of Fools. I couldn't find it on the website but it was in a list they gave us at the open day.. hence I have no idea what it entails....but come on it's got to be good!

rosie

ReputationRep:
    I've not really been in any well-known musicals. Mostly I just do plays. But I really love musicals so I want to do some at uni.
    There might be some threads somewhere, if not we could always start one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    I'm going to found the Society for People Crap At Everything Other Societies Are Based On.

you are only eligible to join if you are crap at sports, music, acting, don't have a particularly interesting religion or ethnic origin, etc.

On the other hand, I might just join the Singing Society to irritate the other members. I have always wanted to join something like (I dunno if they really have one or what it's called) Cambridge Asian Students Unite or something (being as I'm white), and see if they come up with a reason to not let me join? Hmm.....what else could I join... I'd make up my own religion and start a group, but that's already been done (and no one else would join anyway)

However here is a point again where Nottingham owns Cambridge........ nottingham has a MUTANT SOCIETY! and even better - I'd be eligible to join!

However again, Warwick probably wins as it not only has a Mutant society but also a League of Fools. I couldn't find it on the website but it was in a list they gave us at the open day.. hence I have no idea what it entails....but come on it's got to be good!

rosie
    They probably would let you join actually

But Durham has a Boris Johnson fan club, a Ridiculously Good Looking Society, and a full moon society (people run around naked at the full moon).

Cambridge has an Assassin's Guild! So cool. Plus Ultimate Frisbee Society I think. And if I get there, a Scottish Society and a Hug Whores Society!

ReputationRep:
    bahahahaaa!! mutant society! I have freaky baby toes, do you think that counts as mutation enough to get in?

How good do you have to be to join the sports societies? Bet its all uber-fit rugger-buggers.<grin>

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it, if you just want to have a go at things, they'll let you in . Sounds nice (I'm crap at sports )

bahahahaaa!! mutant society! I have freaky baby toes, do you think that counts as mutation enough to get in?

How good do you have to be to join the sports societies? Bet its all uber-fit rugger-buggers.<grin>
    at nottingham the Mutant Soc is actually the society for geneticists, so I'm sure as a natsci you could join anyway

by the way are you bio or phys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    at nottingham the Mutant Soc is actually the society for geneticists, so I'm sure as a natsci you could join anyway

by the way are you bio or phys?
    Phys. Geology woo!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.