Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    British nationality makes you a British born?
    No it's when you're born in Britain isn't it?

Technically I could say I'm British born considering HK was still a British colony in 1987

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    No it's when you're born in Britain isn't it?

Technically I could say I'm British born considering HK was still a British colony in 1987
    That way most of my family born more than 2 generations ago would be british too^o)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    rep is rather lame y'know...
    hmmm yeh I know. I don't remember ever neg-repping anyone myself. I've taken to trying to give out more good rep though I don't actually see much of a point in neg reps. Just H&E really annoyed me - it would've been fine if he understood the flipping post before repping!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    hmmm yeh I know. I don't remember ever neg-repping anyone myself. I've taken to trying to give out more good rep though I don't actually see much of a point in neg reps. Just H&E really annoyed me - it would've been fine if he understood the flipping post before repping!
    maybe he read your nottingham thread and thought you were screwy in the head?:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    British nationality makes you a British born?
    Not necesarrily. you could be born in britain and not be british. But if you are born in america, then you are an american.

ReputationRep:
    Rep is lame, but I've realised that I'm just a little too lowly in rep to give anyone any anyway... I've 19 points

ReputationRep:
    That way most of my family born more than 2 generations ago would be british too^o)
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    maybe he read your nottingham thread and thought you were screwy in the head?:p:
    hehe lol errr that's a possibility

what, have you been reading the Notts subforum stuff? :p: I know Crana was posting there.

Anyway in general I'm just random and like having a bit of fun, that's all. Marshmellow Land is just a chat thread - it's just got a crazy name, rather than your one here that sounds a lot more sensible. But it got everyone at Notts going and now we all know each other etc, so it can't be bad.

And to Willa who figures that's immature - this Cambridge chat thread was made before any of you lot got into uni, so you can't say anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveee)
    Rep is lame, but I've realised that I'm just a little too lowly in rep to give anyone any anyway... I've 19 points
    -4 points :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveee)
    Post like a maniac.

ReputationRep:
    Like a manic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Liquid death only requires one spirit; at the prom the other night, we were chatting to this barman dude about strength of alcohol, for example, what % volume was in various vodkas and stuff. So he whips out this bottle from the back of his cupboard, and it's got russian writing all over it, and the only english words were in big letters saying "Russian Spirit". He says "Here, I'll give you each a shot of this for a quid, only if you drink it before i tell you what % vol alcohol it is". So he poors out a shot for each of my 3 friends (I dont drink, cant stand the taste) and so they all down it at once. My two male friends' eyes turn white and they sort of collapse onto the floor at that stage. My female friend starts coughing and stuff and leaning heavily on the bar, but she actually stomachs it better than my male friends. So anyway, two minuties later, they're all capable of standing up again, and their eyes have stopped watering....they guy reveals that it was 80% alcohol.......you might as well just drink meths ffs!
    Rather old again... Willa, what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Rather old again... Willa, what happened?
    i became a boatie.....liquid death for me is now just a glass of wine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i became a boatie.....liquid death for me is now just a glass of wine!
    Wine isn't spirit though, surely a port or something stronger.

ReputationRep:
    Anything over 40% kills the back of your throat I think. Any medics know?

The 80% sounds... interesting. Bacardi 151 and all that. Everclear.

In other news: 5 days 18 hours 8 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Wine isn't spirit though, surely a port or something stronger.
    no i can still take my port actually. Hmm if I had to say a spirit, i dunno, one unit of vodka I guess would do me!

ReputationRep:
    Wow Thank you so much to whoever repped me, brilliant, marvellous, I'm simply very happy to have that green back.

Cambridge students - way to go! :p: :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    How could I have missed out 30 pages of exciting stuff :eek: . Shame on my holidays
    The origin of Camford :rolleyes:...

ReputationRep:
    You did read the 30 pages yeah?
    Of course!
    Phew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Ahh, here it is. Apparently the story was floating around the university in the 70s.

It seems that during an examination one day a bright young student popped up and asked the proctor to bring him Cakes and Ale. The following dialog ensued: Proctor: I beg your pardon?

Student: Sir, I request that you bring me Cakes and Ale.

Proctor: Sorry, no.

Student: Sir, I really must insist. I request and require that you bring me
    Cakes and Ale.

At this point, the student produced a copy of the four hundred year old Laws
    of Cambridge, written in Latin and still nominally in effect, and pointed to
    the section which read (rough translation from the Latin):

"Gentlemen sitting examinations may request and require Cakes and Ale".

Pepsi and hamburgers were judged the modern equivalent, and the student sat there, writing his examination and happily slurping away.

Three weeks later the student was fined five pounds for not wearing a sword
    to the examination.
    Unbelievable... How did I miss it?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.