Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hehe cool everyone is awake!

ReputationRep:
    sorry for thst amzinlgy point less post I'm just bored... thx Visesh for entertainign me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarathustra)
    My word of the moment is 'preclude' - reckon I say it several times a day atm

ZarathustraX
    :ditto:
    I really like that word, makes me feel posh and intellectual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    They don't pay much heed to licensing laws in your neck of the woods, then?
    they have extended license to server until 1am. I think they get away with it by pretending to be a bit of a club as well. It's hard to describe what it's like, but it's basically a large converted tramshed, with a large bar, and then tables and stuff all downstairs and upstairs on the walkway, a couple of pool tables. But they play music quite loud, and have a dance area with lights etc...and bouncers. So I guess you could call that the "club" part of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Mathmos use "clearly" and "consider". Very good words to use if you want to give people headaches.
    'Clearly' is just shorthand for "intuitively this seems like it should be true, but I haven't got a clue how the hell you go about proving it, so I'll claim it's obvious and hope you don't notice."

ReputationRep:
    'Clearly' makes your life a LOT easier if you're writing up a proof though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    maybe he read your nottingham thread and thought you were screwy in the head? :p:
    Lol, that thread was always really cheery albeit pretty hyper. I sort of prefer a calmer environment myself. :rolleyes:

Rep's nice, but it does eventually become hard to come by if you only post on a dozen threads in the same subforum - before long all the nice people have already repped you.

Plus, I'm not particularly good at saying witty rep-worthy things.

On a more serious note - I don't dare post a thread on this subject because its laughably stupid - but do you need to take textbooks to lectures? I mean with 3-4 lectures a day, that could mean six fat and hairy books......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mop)
    'Clearly' is just shorthand for "intuitively this seems like it should be true, but I haven't got a clue how the hell you go about proving it, so I'll claim it's obvious and hope you don't notice."
    :toofunny:
    ...don't we all know that.

ReputationRep:
    1am licenses aren't too hard to come by, but the only places to have them seem to be places with loud music, which I dislike.

It's not that I dislike clubs (I don't) but when I'm in a bar I don't want to be forced to shout in the ladies' ears. Hence: I'm a lover of the traditional pub. Jolly Woodman in Beckenham is ideal - and they serve real bear. :p:

ReputationRep:
    REAL BEAR! Wow!

ReputationRep:
    I know... I think it might be illegal, and can you keep it quiet - we don't want the RSPCA finding out. But it is tasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveee)
    1am licenses aren't too hard to come by, but the only places to have them seem to be places with loud music, which I dislike.

It's not that I dislike clubs (I don't) but when I'm in a bar I don't want to be forced to shout in the ladies' ears. Hence: I'm a lover of the traditional pub. Jolly Woodman in Beckenham is ideal - and they serve real bear. :p:
    Real bear? What does it taste like?

Where's Beckenham? - I'd love to try bear once

ReputationRep:
    Beckenham?

here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=beck...,.449444&hl=en

in the centre to the left of Bromley.

ReputationRep:
    Why do I love CSI, and yet hate Law & Order SVU?

Law & Order's OK though.

Woot - yachting tomorrow down the Medway.

ReputationRep:

Law & Order's OK though.

sounds fun!

i spent the day helping my dad sorti through the 800+ nautical charts he has, and we found several of the Medway. Also a lot of the coast of Norway!

ReputationRep:

Law & Order's OK though.

I can't tell the difference between CSI and Law & Order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    'Clearly' makes your life a LOT easier if you're writing up a proof though.
    Clearly

Stevee - I'm not keen on loud music either - I prefer to talk to my friends rather than shout at them

ReputationRep:
    I keep having "oh my god what have I done changing subject" moments, they pass and I sometimes get quite enthusiastic about economics. But right now I'm hopelessly romantic about maths, it's just soooooooooooooo interesting. *trying to remind self how boring and tedious and hard it was*

ReputationRep:
    infidel :p:

ReputationRep:
    *shakes you* I NEED TO KNOW HOW GYROSCOPES WORK

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.