Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkenergy)
    oh camford, you can help me with computers.

when you've created an address for a blog, do you create new posts for the same blog, or do you start new blogs?? :confused:
    A blog is a blog is a blog. Create new entries... or you could experiment... That's how science evolves .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    I am dead serious...
    and for the other "useful" languages, no thx if ti's naythign related to computer :p:
    You got yourself a deal then in that case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mop)
    This is just C. Mathmos aren't considered skilled enough to be let loose with an OOP language.
    Pointers are evil... Pointers are evil... Pointers are evil! Say, they don't teach you lot Fortran anymore?

/me feels the need to put an end to this computer related stuff but doesn't know how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    A blog is a blog is a blog. Create new entries... or you could experiment... That's how science evolves .
    okay :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Pointers are evil... Pointers are evil... Pointers are evil!
    *(--a) = *(++b)++;

Who said pointers aren't readable?

A.

ReputationRep:
    I'm making progress with my java as well. My program now outputs an empty file as opposed to no file at all! wooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    I'm making progress with my java as well. My program now outputs an empty file as opposed to no file at all! wooo
    You're being paid for this?

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    You're being paid for this?

A.
    hell yeah!

to be fair the code is rather complicated. It wasn't creating files cos we recently ported to a new file system structure so all the relative file locations became invalid. although i can't explain why the files it produces are empty, that comes from a problem with another program which is supposed to provide the contents...but it's just giving me back nothing! GRRR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    *(--a) = *(++b)++;

Who said pointers aren't readable?

A.
    :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    woo i have college kiddies! *feels so proud to be a parent*

must write them lovely letters now...
    same. but no architect baby! a mathmo and an engineer. pah!

ReputationRep:
    i really have missed the plot with this parenting thing. This paternal instinct really isnt with me clearly

ReputationRep:
    I can only speak cantonese, but not mandarin.
    Same. Although it shouldn't take you long to learn Mandarin - it took my mum about a month to speak Mandarin fluently. Knowing Canto you're already half way there, I reckon. Although the pronouciation in Mandarin is haaaaaard

And Alaric: :rofl:

Oh yeh first years are mummies and daddies this year! Awwwwww! Who've you got, Willa?

Shame we don't get parents at Notts. Would be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Same. Although it shouldn't take you long to learn Mandarin - it took my mum about a month to speak Mandarin fluently. Knowing Canto you're already half way there, I reckon. Although the pronouciation in Mandarin is haaaaaard
    yeah , but I am just a lazy sod... can't be bothered to do anything atm. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yeah , but I am just a lazy sod... can't be bothered to do anything atm. :rolleyes:
    Hehe same although this Chinese guy who's this prof in Japan told me if I knew Mandarin, English and Japanese, I'd be very sought after by employers I'm thinking about taking up Mandarin if they let me at Notts uni, although I'd rather learn Japanese tbh. You ever gonna take up Mandarin? I reckon I should, you know?

So strange some of my friends are going back to school in a week! - and I got another month! Love lying in :p:

ReputationRep:
    yep it's strange not going back to school. I doubt it, got enough in my workload as it is Japanese sounds fun, I might want to learn that sometime..... (i was so annoyed when little because I couldnt understand the writing in the PlayStation games...:mad:)

ReputationRep:
    i haven't got any children because i didn't sign up to be a parent. I just didn't see this whole parenting thing as a big deal!

ReputationRep:
    yep it's strange not going back to school. I doubt it, got enough in my workload as it is Japanese sounds fun, I might want to learn that sometime..... (i was so annoyed when little because I couldnt understand the writing in the PlayStation games...:mad:)
    Oooooh I know EXACTLY what you mean about games! Most of my Nintendo games are in Japanese but tbh I didn't need it - figured it all out it was actually quite funny cus this Japanese family came and stayed with us and the two kids were playing Nintendo and I was setting it up for them - it came to these two options and I'd forgotten which was which - and the two kids were both screaming saying - the 2nd one!! - and I went for the 1st one :p: *embarrassed*

What course you in for at Cam then? What college? I'm going to Notts and it's so great - first term I get 4 whole days free usually although there's the odd one lecture on Tuesday but apart from that, 4 days in my first term

Willa aww being a parent might've been fun!

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh I know EXACTLY what you mean about games! Most of my Nintendo games are in Japanese but tbh I didn't need it - figured it all out it was actually quite funny cus this Japanese family came and stayed with us and the two kids were playing Nintendo and I was setting it up for them - it came to these two options and I'd forgotten which was which - and the two kids were both screaming saying - the 2nd one!! - and I went for the 1st one :p: *embarrassed*

What course you in for at Cam then? What college? I'm going to Notts and it's so great - first term I get 4 whole days free usually although there's the odd one lecture on Tuesday but apart from that, 4 days in my first term

Willa aww being a parent might've been fun!
    lol. did you speak english to the japanese people then? Most of them are very very very nice. We were only holiday to Japan and got lost, so went into a shop to ask directions, the lady was so nice that she gave us puddings for free. (it was a clothes shop as well.)

Doing med at Tit Hall. what you studying??? I might get the first few days free.... (or they might start making us write essays...>)

ReputationRep:
    lol. did you speak english to the japanese people then? Most of them are very very very nice. We were only holiday to Japan and got lost, so went into a shop to ask directions, the lady was so nice that she gave us puddings for free. (it was a clothes shop as well.)

Doing med at Tit Hall. what you studying??? I might get the first few days free.... (or they might start making us write essays...>)
    Lol yeh spoke English - I don't speak Japanese! - it was hilarious hearing my mum try and speak Jap though. You know when you return home? - you enter, and you say "Ta-da-i-ma" - as in, I'm home. My mum said "Ta-ka-i-i-ma" instead and the kids told me Takaiima means "I'm dying now" It was quite funny the kids tried to trick me :rolleyes: You know with the "I'm home" thing - person in the house returns the greeting by saying "Okaeri" and the kid deliberately said it the wrong way round :rolleyes:

Awww that clothes shop woman sounds really nice! Bless her! - oooh I'd love to go Japan! The dad in the Jap family - he's Chinese - anyway he says I can visit them in Japan and he can take me into the uni he works in etc I reeeally wanna go - and perhaps stay in HK and see my uncle for a day or two. Although that probably won't happen til like 2 years later

Medicine - nice! I'm off to do Neuroscience I'm sure you'll cope with the workload! I saw the Med timetable at Notts though - it looks SO packed :eek: Suddenly I'm glad I didn't go for Medicine in the end! lol Oh and what's your name? Me Iris here

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeh spoke English - I don't speak Japanese! - it was hilarious hearing my mum try and speak Jap though. You know when you return home? - you enter, and you say "Ta-da-i-ma" - as in, I'm home. My mum said "Ta-ka-i-i-ma" instead and the kids told me Takaiima means "I'm dying now" It was quite funny the kids tried to trick me :rolleyes: You know with the "I'm home" thing - person in the house returns the greeting by saying "Okaeri" and the kid deliberately said it the wrong way round :rolleyes:
    lol your mum must have been amused :rolleyes:
    nice kids they are, aren't they?? lol.
    Awww that clothes shop woman sounds really nice! Bless her! - oooh I'd love to go Japan! The dad in the Jap family - he's Chinese - anyway he says I can visit them in Japan and he can take me into the uni he works in etc I reeeally wanna go - and perhaps stay in HK and see my uncle for a day or two. Although that probably won't happen til like 2 years later
    wow that sounds great! what language do they speak at university?
    Medicine - nice! I'm off to do Neuroscience I'm sure you'll cope with the workload! I saw the Med timetable at Notts though - it looks SO packed :eek: Suddenly I'm glad I didn't go for Medicine in the end! lol Oh and what's your name? Me Iris here
    Neuroscience? wow that's one fascinating subject!

I'm Gary. What does your name mean, the flower or the part of the eye? :confused: :confused: :cool: :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.