Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkenergy)
    yeah, you go and do that. :rolleyes:

why watermelons though? whats wrong with cakes? is it because a melon has a spherical shape whereas a cake can be treated two dimensionally? :rolleyes:
    Be cause I love watermellons. Best fruit in the world. (And there's the fact that it's dead cheap in China)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Consider that done, I'll order no less than 20 massive wedding cakes to experiment with.
    lol. :rolleyes:

good.

ReputationRep:
    Be cause I love watermellons. Best fruit in the world. (And there's the fact that it's dead cheap in China)
    yeah, i like mangos much more though. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i like mangos much more though. :cool:
    Mangos are good, except my teeth don't love them as much as they love mellons. Besides, you can get seedless watermellons, but you can't have coreless mangos. (Or maybe you can these days, I'm not really up to date with mango news)

ReputationRep:
    Mangos are good, except my teeth don't love them as much as they love mellons. Besides, you can get seedless watermellons, but you can't have coreless mangos. (Or maybe you can these days, I'm not really up to date with mango news)
    your teeth do the tasting? :rolleyes:
    mangos are nicer.

(Original post by Google)

Your search - "coreless mango" - did not match any documents.
    damn! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    your teeth do the tasting? :rolleyes:
    mangos are nicer.

damn! :mad:
    Watermellons are less elastic than mangos. But that's not the point. I get toothache if I eat too much mango, and my throat gets a burn feeling. But with watermellons, I can eat as much as my stomach can take.

ReputationRep:
    oh! talking of fruit, taiwanese fruit is AMAZING! the watermelons, mangos nectarines kiwi fruit and loads of other fruit you only get in china... wow

mangos are my favourite tho. i can eat 3 for breakfast! there are lots of different varieties in taiwan. i like the small strong flavoured ones. coreless mangos now there's an idea!

ReputationRep:
    I challenge you to eat 3 medium sized watermellon for breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    I challenge you to eat 3 medium sized watermellon for breakfast.
    aargh no! but i bet my boyfriend could. anyway, specify a length & diameter! in taiwan watermelons get to 30cm diameter and a metre long!

ReputationRep:
    Hence me calling you padentic.
    *pedantic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlet_Ibis)
    aargh no! but i bet my boyfriend could. anyway, specify a length & diameter! in taiwan watermelons get to 30cm diameter and a metre long!
    I can turn that into a dirty joke, but I think I should just stop here and go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Watermellons are less elastic than mangos. But that's not the point. I get toothache if I eat too much mango, and my throat gets a burn feeling. But with watermellons, I can eat as much as my stomach can take.
    what has elasticity to do with it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    oh! talking of fruit, taiwanese fruit is AMAZING! the watermelons, mangos nectarines kiwi fruit and loads of other fruit you only get in china... wow

mangos are my favourite tho. i can eat 3 for breakfast! there are lots of different varieties in taiwan. i like the small strong flavoured ones. coreless mangos now there's an idea!
    3 isn't that much. :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    what has elasticity to do with it? :confused:
    You'll know when you have virtually no teeth left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    I loved the fruit in Thailand. It's so cheap and you can just buy masses of rambutan, lychees, some stuff I don't remember the name of, papaya, mango.. I never tried durian, though!

ReputationRep:
    durian smells funny, but it tastes quite nice actually.

ReputationRep:
    durian smells funny, but it tastes quite nice actually.
    Is durian the thing has a stinking kind of smell? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    mmmmmm mango i've been decadent over the last few weeks and have been buying one of those pre-packaged portions every lunchbreak. M&S ones are nearly always unripe though, and tesco ones taste fizzy for some reason. best so far is sainsbury's mmmmm. Obviously the best ever are from tooting market. Huge crates for a fiver

ReputationRep:
    This forum never ceases to amaze me. A promising discussion about cake hijacked by fruit! :rolleyes:

(Original post by crana9)
    If you mean, what is the maximum number of pieces of cake you can get with 4 cuts, I don't think it's possible to answer that unless you specify, for example, that every cut must be a straight line or restrictions like that. Is it meant to have an actual answer?
    There were sensible restrictions. Straight line cuts, no using any dimension higher than the third. Eleven is the correct answer if you are not allowed to rearrange the bits of cake between cuts.

ReputationRep:
    So how come Camfo was wrong? Camfo?

Could someone do me a diagram in Paint or whatever of how you get the 11 pieces..?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.