The Student Room Group
Reply 18920
Steveee
Maybe camfo is a victim of this sneakyness!?

Indeed! :eek:
Ticki
Indeed! :eek:

I have a piece of paper here with me to prove that a certain IP was assigned to me! :mad:

I just made a godmode filter for an online game :eek:... well part of it anyway. I feel bad about this.
Reply 18922
Willa
perhaps different colleges use different systems

They do. At Clare it's a non-NAT'd, static ip'd system with no MAC address checks and the only restriction that unused ports are often turned off (if possible remotely on the switch).
So it's entirely possible for someone else to spoof your IP address easily, you just claim to have it and get there first.

A.
I seem to have developed an addiction for online games...

So, has anyone else played Gunz yet?
Camford
I seem to have developed an addiction for online games...

So, has anyone else played Gunz yet?

Me me me me me me me!

I've asked twice already on this forum, only a few people have played it.

What level are you on?
darkenergy
Me me me me me me me!

I've asked twice already on this forum, only a few people have played it.

What level are you on?

12, 8 and 1. and I have a bullet filter. I'm sure godmode isn't anything new. But I prefer not to use it. More fun playing without it. (I'd like to complete the filter though, bullet proof, explosion proof, melee attack proof and massive strike proof, [god... why oh why so many different kind of attacks])

I reckon we should start a Cambridge clan or something. (Or maybe a TSR one?)
does anyone play War craft(online) or Counter strike?
Damn! The fridge has frozen my strawberries :mad:.
salsa caribe

Used to play WarCraft II online. Except I am never good at strategic things so gave up.

I've seen people play CS before. Comparing it to Gunz, I think its control is a bit acient (sp?), although it allows you to carry more weapons than Gunz.
Reply 18929
salsa caribe

i used to play CS far too much in my youth, I rarely play it now, I occasionally pop in to a server for a game to see how my aim is. Good fun, but it's lost it's appeal with me.
Willa
i used to play CS far too much in my youth, I rarely play it now, I occasionally pop in to a server for a game to see how my aim is. Good fun, but it's lost it's appeal with me.

It used to be all about CS for me. Now it's CnC Generals. And when I go back to uni, I will forget (again) that I ever liked games!
Reply 18931
hmmm that's got me thinking now. methinks i might have a quick play o CS, for old times sake.
sbailey
It used to be all about CS for me. Now it's CnC Generals. And when I go back to uni, I will forget (again) that I ever liked games!

That can be said about a lot of things.
Camford
Used to play WarCraft II online. Except I am never good at strategic things so gave up.

I've seen people play CS before. Comparing it to Gunz, I think its control is a bit acient (sp?), although it allows you to carry more weapons than Gunz.

i used to frown upon computer games, then this guy taught me CS and it's addictive. It'd more fun when you play people instead of the computer though.

I still haven't got the gist of Warcraft( I II or III )its too complicated. I think shooting people is just about the right level of difficulty for me.
I got Kids! I got Kids! Again, more parents than kids.
salsa caribe
i used to frown upon computer games, then this guy taught me CS and it's addictive. It'd more fun when you play people instead of the computer though.

I still haven't got the gist of Warcraft( I II or III )its too complicated. I think shooting people is just about the right level of difficulty for me.

People are too difficult for me. But Gunz is ok, you can continuously respawn after you die and steal other people's kills (then probably kill that person too...). FPS are for stress relief. Halo is also good. Aliens are made to blasted :biggrin:.
Gunz eh? beginning of another bout of computer game addiction
salsa caribe
Gunz eh? beginning of another bout of computer game addiction

Gunz: the Duel. Check their website at www.gunzonline.com. watch the trailer. Kind of boring... but I'm impressed by the charater motion (then download the game :redface:)
Reply 18938
The most addictive game must be Utopia, a free browser-based MMORPG.

I used to play CS online but I sucked. Strangely, I only enjoyed and ruled the game on LANs where most of the players were in top clans. But I was more of the DoD/Natural Selection kind of guy anyway.

Meh, I got a mac now, so won't be able to play any of the fast FPSs. I hope I won't loose my aim :frown:

[edit]btw, RL CS is called Laserquest or CTF at Cambridge :P
I'm going to be living very close to a Gamecube with four controllers next year, which might be a bit of a problem academically. But hopefully I'll end up being World Champion at Mario Tennis and I won't need to bother with any of this degree rubbish anyway :biggrin:

My friend used to be a proper hardcore FPS player, although he started pre-CS so his game of choice was Quakeworld. But he was good at all the other ones though (thanks to genre maturity). And then he gave it all up for university! The fool!

Latest

Trending

Trending