Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveee)
    Aren't tensors just vectors, scalars, matrices, 3d matrices etc? Anyway. Yeah - you're best equipped to apply if you've already done the degree syllabus, guys!
    Something like that. But it all gets very mathmoish and difficult to understand. And I'm doing them this year, I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    Contraction, not addition.
    Who said I was doing continuous maths? Dude, look up Andrew Pitts and see what he teaches! Regular Language and Finite Automata (and probably other things). bah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkenergy)
    so you are saying that *^8 = 8*?
    8log* = log(8*)
    8log* = log8 + log*
    7log* = log8
    log* = (log8)/7
    * = 1.35
    *^8 means a string of length 8 filled with *. but 8* means a string of length 0 to infinity filled with 8. they are never the same. Not on the computers of this universe, or any other universe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Who said I was doing continuous maths? Dude, look up Andrew Pitts and see what he teaches! Regular Language and Finite Automata (and probably other things). bah!
    I was led astray by darkenergy's post. Terribly sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    I was led astray by darkenergy's post. Terribly sorry.
    Meh, it's ok. I'm not getting away with not doing matrices... Graphics in 3rd year requires that stuff .

I spent about an hour this afternoon cycling around Cambridge (got to girton). Now I can bearly stand up... If you don't call this fun, I don't know what you would. Girton to King's in 12 minutes... I think I can improve on that time.

ReputationRep:
    we need to get over the 20k barrier before sunday... before the kids get here.

ReputationRep:
    We better get posting, then.

ReputationRep:
    wow - only 782... 781 off 20k

ReputationRep:
    spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ...779... This isn't what I had in mind... but counting sheeps backwards is just simply too much unfun.

ReputationRep:
    ok well who hates the Dean from the O.C. and thinks he's really a neoNazi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mop)
    8* = ******** iff we're working in er... base 1. The base was not specified, hence you can't make that statement :p: .
    Typical pedantic mathmo. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    whats that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    ok well who hates the Dean from the O.C. and thinks he's really a neoNazi?
    haven't seen ep 2 yet... So don't know who he is...

ReputationRep:
    whats that?
    well... simplist way of putting it, Finite Automata is basically a Finite State Machine...

ReputationRep:
    well... simplist way of putting it, Finite Automata is basically a Finite State Machine...
    Thanks. Is each state a possible event?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Is each state a possible event?
    I think states and events are separate things. But having done no work on it for 3 months, I can't say I'm sure that they are separate things.

ReputationRep:
    oooooh, pwetty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ce_/html/1.stm

ReputationRep:
    nice site.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.