The Student Room Group
Camford
Incredible! Pembroke has switched to DHCP! Damn it! I just lost my very own IP. Now I'm on a subnet IP. :mad: I am not happy. I'M NOT HAPPY!

Did you forget to renormalise the vector space in your dynamic subset ip?
darkenergy
Did you forget to renormalise the vector space in your dynamic subset ip?

you are not talking sense
Camford
you are not talking sense

Just learning bad habits from you. :p:
darkenergy
Just learning bad habits from you. :p:

Did what you say make sense to yourself? if not, you have not learnt it from me.
Stat!
Camford
Incredible! Pembroke has switched to DHCP! Damn it! I just lost my very own IP. Now I'm on a subnet IP. :mad: I am not happy. I'M NOT HAPPY!

King's has just started that. => easy connection:wink:
visesh
King's has just started that. => easy connection:wink:

Yes, but easy ssh? Don't think so! :mad:
Reply 19067
wtf? I can surf, but no IM or email? o.O
So are you allowed torrents at Kings, Visesh?
Reply 19069
xyro
wtf? I can surf, but no IM or email? o.O

you configured the proxy setting right for IM?
Reply 19070
Oh, so other services are also running through the proxy? Which proxy connection should I choose (SOCKS4, 5 or HTTP)?
xyro
Oh, so other services are also running through the proxy? Which proxy connection should I choose (SOCKS4, 5 or HTTP)?

^o) I never had to configure proxy manually...

patch: and yes... he can.
I'm nearly 600 posts old.
Now I am. And this thread is 19284.
I mean 19286.
Reply 19075
xyro

tick "use same proxy for all" if you can...otherwise use the HTTP proxy...and use the one given to you by your CO
Reply 19076
WOOOO tomorrow morning's training cancelled....I'm so happy! I get to sleep!
It appears that I have sshed into visesh's computer... this is weird... Is the whole of cambridge on the same subnet, or I am thinking the IP I'm using is actually not a subnet IP?
Ok, just checked with an outsider, he can't ping me, therefore this is weird.
Reply 19079
Camford
It appears that I have sshed into visesh's computer... this is weird... Is the whole of cambridge on the same subnet, or I am thinking the IP I'm using is actually not a subnet IP?

Cambridge has a few class B networks*, both public valid ones and private ones. You've probably been moved to a private one? This just means that the outside world knows nothing about it but all the routers in Cambridge do so you can go inter-college without problems.

A.

*=131.111, 128.232, and engineering's are the public ones iirc.

Latest

Trending

Trending