Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

I have just ordered that.

:flute:

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I meet Chinese people they want me to talk my dialect because it is so 'fun'. I must be the token pet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...s/BZA400ML.jpg

I have just ordered that.

:flute:
    I wan' that one!!!! :eek:

I think tourist season is about to end for cambridge...
    --------------
    (Original post by xyro)
    Whenever I meet Chinese people they want me to talk my dialect because it is so 'fun'. I must be the token pet.
    That's understandable... Do you speak manderin or the other one?

ReputationRep:
    ... then on to the physicists (mmh, laserquest)

I speak mandarin actually, but with a strong Sichuan accent (who cares about s, sh, ch, z anyway). Pure dialect rules though, still need to find someone who speaks it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    ... then on to the physicists (mmh, laserquest)

I speak mandarin actually, but with a strong Sichuan accent (who cares about s, sh, ch, z anyway). Pure dialect rules though, still need to find someone who speaks it.
    My cousin went to Univeristy of ChongQing... They (she and her friends) apparently dubbed a classic comedy film in SiChuan dialect... unfortuantely, the tapes are now lost .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can imagine that comedy in Sichuan must sound great ... e.g. it's a good dialect to swear in. You know/have seen/have 'borrowed' that movie Balzac and the little Chinese seamstress? They talk dialect there it's quite good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    Yeah, I can imagine that comedy in Sichuan must sound great ... e.g. it's a good dialect to swear in. You know/have seen/have 'borrowed' that movie Balzac and the little Chinese seamstress? They talk dialect there it's quite good.
    Huh? what? Balz-what?

There isn't much swearing in that film... the dialect just makes everything sounds funnier, which is great! (actually, some characters are dubbed with sichuan dialect, some are dubbed with dialects from other places... the whole thing is basically mayhem).

ReputationRep:
    Nah, they don't do lost of swearing in films. You have to ride in a taxi at rush hour in Chengdu for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    Nah, they don't do lost of swearing in films. You have to ride in a taxi at rush hour in Chengdu for that
    :rofl: I am going there when I'm filthy rich!

patch: We should people to dub Pulp Fiction with accents... Scottish, Irish, Aussie, Texan... all sorts.

ReputationRep:
    And I'm going to buy myself some brain when I'm rich ... I need to understand diff eqns Hmm ... or buy myself some more time just for sleep. Hah, that would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    And I'm going to buy myself some brain when I'm rich ... I need to understand diff eqns Hmm ... or buy myself some more time just for sleep. Hah, that would be great.
    D.E... the source of all great joy... if you can say that. I'm just happy that I'm not doing maths. IB compsci is really easy going at the moment. At this rate, I might even have time for a Christmas Ball this year :eek:.

ReputationRep:
    My outing was cancelled, and for some reason rather than going back to bed I am moping around my room. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    Ah, so that was you. But that's not quite right

You actually spoke to me, although I wasn't very helpful (sorry ) because I never am and I was a bit stressed because practicals are just like that.
    wait, so you were the guy on the left hand side of the bench directly behind me (if you are facing forward)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    My outing was cancelled, and for some reason rather than going back to bed I am moping around my room. :rolleyes:
    Yep, loving that yellow flag - made my life soooooo much easier yesterday morning

I really should read the lecture list - I had this unshakeable belief that I had 9ams every day, so without consulting it, off I trotted, only to find that I didn't, and my lecture theatre was full of neuroscientists! Felt a bit silly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    wait, so you were the guy on the left hand side of the bench directly behind me (if you are facing forward)?
    Yep.

So much for being mysterious. Now four people on here know who I am!

ReputationRep:
    I just had a footlong subway and I'm still hungry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveee)
    I just had a footlong subway and I'm still hungry.
    i had a regular lunch, but am regretting it now. I have a physio test in about 15 mins, which within it involves 4 minutes of what can only be described as exercise to absolute failure. I fear wretching!

ReputationRep:
    Sam Smiley's is awesome before 9am lectures if you know you're going to miss lunch. Free coffee!

ReputationRep:
    The lecturer showed us something called "The Triumph of the Nerds" today... I don't want to end up like all those people! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    The lecturer showed us something called "The Triumph of the Nerds" today... I don't want to end up like all those people! :bawling:
    haha! i've seen that! i don't mind being a nerd as long as i get rich too

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.