Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    Omg erg competition killed me!!! especially since we'd been up since 6 due to an outing this morning and a erg test aswelll! we made it to the final though with 3rd best time (not thx to me) and finished 4th, 5th or 6th in the final... no one knows coz everyone was too tired to look! ema girls won though so we were happy as long as it was not johns' hehe rugby fitness training tomorrow at 7h20... wonder how that is gonna go!
    Some of the results...

Prizes were awarded as follows:

Fastest Lower Womens' VIII
    Newnham C

Fastest Lower Mens' VIII
    LMBC C

Fastest Womens' VIII
    Emmanuel A

Fastest VIII
    LMBC A

Fastest Woman
    Elizabeth Smee (LMBC)

Fastest Man
    Adam Sargeant (Homerton)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    awesome, glad to see emma birds back on form!
    Two points:

1) :mad: "birds" :mad: Do they fly and go "cheep cheep?"

2) Your first women's four were rowing very prettily today. Unfortunately they seem not to know how to row very fast. 28 seconds margin over 1400m :p: Bring on FaT!

Owwwww my shoulder hurts

ReputationRep:
    This weather is not my cup of tea. ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Two points:

1) :mad: "birds" :mad: Do they fly and go "cheep cheep?"

2) Your first women's four were rowing very prettily today. Unfortunately they seem not to know how to row very fast. 28 seconds margin over 1400m :p: Bring on FaT!

Owwwww my shoulder hurts
    I am not making a derogatory statement.....the emma women are often referred to as the emma birds (both by themselves and others in the club). This (i think) comes from some sort of bumps practice start they were doing and the coach was counting really slowly "5....4....3...2....1" and apparently someone in the boat had the urge to say "emma-birds are go!". At least I think that's the origin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    I am not making a derogatory statement.....the emma women are often referred to as the emma birds (both by themselves and others in the club). This (i think) comes from some sort of bumps practice start they were doing and the coach was counting really slowly "5....4....3...2....1" and apparently someone in the boat had the urge to say "emma-birds are go!". At least I think that's the origin.
    The 2nd point still stands though

ReputationRep:
    Someone is so drunk, someone is so sorry... (not me. I can still differentiate things. If you ask me to integrate some stuff, I can still make maple do it for me. Yes, my head is that clear.)
    --------------
    That King's porter is a legend in bottle opening techniques... He uses the most basic type of corkscrew and yet he's the fastest at opening those bottles. Pull, screw and pull... 5 seconds, bottle opened.

ReputationRep:
    Being able to do Calculus is not sufficient for not being drunk. Ask the mathmos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    The 2nd point still stands though
    perhaps all our good rowers are trialling? and anyway it looks like we have a bunch of amazing novices on their way up as well (plus clare women are pretty good at the moment, so i'm not really very suprised they beat us).

and wooo I moved up 2 places in the "erg score rankings" tonight.

ReputationRep:
    willa...i have the best picture of you and ticki from Life...unfortuantely i can't be bothered to reduce it to fit on here....pm me your email if you want it....willa looks so lecherous, it's great

ReputationRep:
    Boaties are weird. There's a guy in my hall who's in the Bristol Novice boat who I now never see. He was one of my freshers' week friends, and then became a boatie.

ReputationRep:
    boaties are not always weird. there are people who are quasi-boatie (moi) and people who live and breathe boatieness (people who trial, for example :p: )

ReputationRep:
    I have had just under 3 hours of sleep... I am so screwed .

ReputationRep:
    I've been sleeping really well recently. And I've only got 2-5 today (plus a bit of design work and doing my laundry).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    willa...i have the best picture of you and ticki from Life...unfortuantely i can't be bothered to reduce it to fit on here....pm me your email if you want it....willa looks so lecherous, it's great
    i thought i looked terrible when i saw it on your camera, but i can't totally remember how i looked (just that I looked terrible).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i thought i looked terrible when i saw it on your camera, but i can't totally remember how i looked (just that I looked terrible).
    I didn't remember it at all, so you've got one up on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I have had just under 3 hours of sleep... I am so screwed .
    lol, was it coz u were tipsy I really enjoyed chatting to you on msn btw

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Italy next week and have lost my passport!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    lol, was it coz u were tipsy I really enjoyed chatting to you on msn btw
    The problem started when I drunk too much coffee at the end of the formal. The alcohol kicked in first (this is after I left King's sober), then 2 hours later, when its effects had gone, the coffee kicked in.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, sounds like a recipe for an extended night with no sleep. I'm quite glad i'm not at formal tonight, i have a 9-5 tomorrow and it ain't gonna be pretty, so with a hangover it'd be unbearable.

DB

ReputationRep:
    I had a 9-6 today, after a consuming about 2 bottles at formal, and one after.

I was still drunk in the morning at my MIMS practical

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.