Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i was thinking that as well when i saw the nominations go up!
    Where are the nominations?
    --------------
    Oh .. there it is.. right... This Thread is the Thread of the Year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    wow, peterhouse formal was really really nice, best standard formal hall food overall i've had in my time! shame I have to go to sleep now
    I've been to Peterhouse 6 times :p: Yeah, it's not bad food, though the wine rule sucks a bit now. Binson or Selwyn are still the best ones I've been to though.

However, I beat you all - I was at formal last night in Magdalen College, Oxford :p: And much though it pained me, I spent the night in a room full of boatie stash (including a Headship blade) without stealing ANY of it :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    However, I beat you all - I was at formal last night in Magdalen College, Oxford :p: And much though it pained me, I spent the night in a room full of boatie stash (including a Headship blade) without stealing ANY of it :angel:
    OMG! :eek: So was I?! :eek: I might have seen you!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hmm, were either of you 2 in the bar afterwards? I might have seen you :eek: (also, how come you were here?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    hmm, were either of you 2 in the bar afterwards? I might have seen you :eek: (also, how come you were here?)
    I should be going soonish as my friend James Goodman (History fresher) has invited me. I might go in my reading week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveee)
    Flat-top.

I got back last night at about three, and knocked on my neighbour's door, got her up (despite cries of "I'm sleeping"), jumped into her bed and fell asleep. She woke me up when she got sick of not getting any sleep because I kept on elbowing her and stuff, and said "Look - I haven't had any sleep and I have to be up in" - looks at watch - "oh my gawd - FIFTEEN MINUTES".

I was still so drunk that I just laughed at her. And I was still dressed in drag from my fancy dress last night.
    Oh my days, that is TOO jokes.

ReputationRep:
    *******s - I just watched two episodes of Stargate SG-1 instead of packing and tidying my room. GOING HOME TOMORROW!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    No, I didn't go to the bar. I was there because I was staying with Elles post-Clinical school open day. Hence room with headship blade etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    No, I didn't go to the bar. I was there because I was staying with Elles post-Clinical school open day. Hence room with headship blade etc
    I was just a random punter :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i learnt an interesting fact about myself today: there are only about 2% of the population that are "strong left handed", and I'm one of them.....i feel so special!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    I need to stop going to formals!!! 3 drinking society formal this week Robinson on tuesdya, Selwyn tonight and Catz on sunday! Emma next tuesday since it was reschedrule... I will have been to so many by the end of term!
    We haven't had a formal yet grrrr. Mind you, we are only initiating tonight. Sorting something out at Sidney, oooh.

ReputationRep:
    has there been a TSR formal yet?

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.J)
    But what does that mean?

I learnt that unwrapped chocolate which has been sitting at the bottom of your bag for a day does not taste nice.
    what? "strong left handed"? It's just that I am left handed but that I use my left hand for pretty much always for every day tasks. About 10% of the population are left handed, but apparently about 80% of those people use their right hand at certain times for certain tasks occasionally (these include removing lids, using a knife on it's own, using a broom: which hand is at the top of the broom.). So left handed people who use their left hand pretty much for everything are supposedly quite rare.

ReputationRep:
    That steeplechase was actually rather nice. A bit warm though.

ReputationRep:
    I use my left hand for everything, except for computer mice and things.
    --------------
    in the last hour i have written 168 words of my essay.

this includes the (rather long) title, my name, my college and two quotes.

i am forked.

ReputationRep:
    Just think, you could be at Durham or Essex or somewhere, dossing around, not in the niceness of Tit Hall. And yes, it is rather nice.

ReputationRep:
    Durham or ESSEX? Wtf?

ReputationRep:
    An "Easier" university is waht I meant. Just picked the two names at random- although for about 50 minutes on results day it looked like I'd be going very, very north to the cold place that is St. Mary's, Durham. And yes, before you ask, I know I'm not a girl. But come on- make the offer, get into Clare. Miss it, and go to a college that's just turned co-ed, with (therefore) a 5:1 ration of girls to guys... win-win situation. Although Durham is a nice place too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    That steeplechase was actually rather nice. A bit warm though.
    Stupid steeplechase. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkenergy)
    Stupid steeplechase. :bawling:
    Meh, everyone fails at least one. I mean everyone, except the absolute freakshows. And most people still pass at the end. It's no big deal, and it was your first attempt at an exam like that.

Wooooo!!! I have like, soooooo much money in my room right now. All in cheque form and not made out to me, before any of you get ideas, but I'm still feeling rich by proxy.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.