Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Car insurance for 17 year old watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I passed my test today and I'm looking to get a car asap but insurance quotes are too expensive averaging £2000 even for 1 litre cars is there any way I can get this cheaper? Every bit of help appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02_jb)
    Hi, I passed my test today and I'm looking to get a car asap but insurance quotes are too expensive averaging £2000 even for 1 litre cars is there any way I can get this cheaper? Every bit of help appreciated
    Black boxes are meant to be cheap, also the type of car you are buying can effect price too...

But insurance will always be high for 17 yr olds, they don't want us on the roads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zain-A)
    Black boxes are meant to be cheap, also the type of car you are buying can effect price too...

But insurance will always be high for 17 yr olds, they don't want us on the roads.
    Ive been looking at 1 litre corsas etc but still high with a black box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02_jb)
    I'm not an expert as I haven't passed yet but I think corsa's are bound to be quite high considering their populatiry with younger drivers.

But a 1 litre at 2 grand? That is shocking

ReputationRep:
    Don't go for common cars. Shop around for cars with low insurance group. I have a Suzuki alto. It's a 1 litre and I'm 18 I pay 1300

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehmet_Sarica_)
    Don't go for common cars. Shop around for cars with low insurance group. I have a Suzuki alto. It's a 1 litre and I'm 18 I pay 1300

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by 02_jb)
    I heard Ford Ka's are meant to be the cheapest ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehmet_Sarica_)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What insurance company is that with also miles on your policy etc

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.