The Student Room Group

AS AQA Biology 26th May and 7th June 2016 7401/1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OneandOnly123
okaay thanks for that, so do u think i should go over all the practicals because someone told me paper 1 is just fact based and there are no application questions. r u ready for the exam?

yes i mean practiclas are much eaier for bio than chem so it shouldnt take long and things like heart disection you would already know
Original post by Enderbat1999
what is clonal selection

clonal selection is the monoclonal antobodies that bind to the same antigens. antibodies that are produced from a single group of genetically identical b-cells.
yes basically practicals are much easier for biology than chem so its little work and things like heart disection you dont really need to go over just go over cell permeabilty osmosis practical and maybe aseptic technique but yh

and can you help me quickly with those things i asked pls
oh lol i replied twice
yes i mean practiclas are much eaier for bio than chem so it shouldnt take long and things like heart disection you would already know

right, aqa have made is incredibly hard by deciding to mix everything up, now we have to revise all of the different topics for both of the exams, its mad.
so is it the b cells that mitotically divide into plasma cells and memory cells,

and plasma cells secrete large amounts of that antibody right?
yh ikr and i had c2 maths today it was so hard harder than solomon papers papers
Reply 27
Predicting some application on cardiac cycle or gas exchange, just a guess but its worth going over because they might be worth 3 or 4 marks
Original post by OneandOnly123
okaay thanks for that, so do u think i should go over all the practicals because someone told me paper 1 is just fact based and there are no application questions. r u ready for the exam?

dunno think i am just going over past papers and topics i get wrong go over anyways ttyl i need to do these papers lol
ohh guys basically what ever comes up tomorrow the next paper will most likeley have things that didnt come up in paper 1 so make sure you remeber the type of questions
ohh guys basically what ever comes up tomorrow the next paper will most likeley have things that didnt come up in paper 1 so make sure you remeber the type of questions

Really good point !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys not gonna lie but these specimin papers are slightly easier than the old spec papers i mean there are less graphs which is good but go over old papers as nearlly half the questions from spec papers are based of old papers,

for example
visking tube question
enzymes in capsule question
mitosis and meiosis comparison etc
Reply 32
Guys I am finishing unit 2 and 4 tonight, and don't have time to go over unit 3B - past haemoglobin (the heart and transport systems in plants xylem and phloem) do you think i will be at a disadvantage? As i've already completed unit 1, 2ISH and hopefully 4 throughly by tonight.

and how much max marks do you think I may lose if I avoid the heart, xylem and phloem?
some one help me with magnification its so annying i just cant seem to get it
some one help me with magnification its so annying i just cant seem to get it

Magnification=size of image/actual size of cell
I remember it as an AIM triangle

. I
A M

I = image
A= actual size
M = magnification.
Original post by The Panic Queen

. I
A M

I = image
A= actual size
M = magnification.

thanks
Original post by The Panic Queen

. I
A M

I = image
A= actual size
M = magnification.

Thanks that helped alot
Has anyone done the set 2 biology specimen paper 2? If so did you find it really hard??😁
Using this as a platform for people to input topics remembered from the exam on the 26th. this should single out some topics worth thoroughly revising for the 7th.
Original post by faraa3
Guys I am finishing unit 2 and 4 tonight, and don't have time to go over unit 3B - past haemoglobin (the heart and transport systems in plants xylem and phloem) do you think i will be at a disadvantage? As i've already completed unit 1, 2ISH and hopefully 4 throughly by tonight.

and how much max marks do you think I may lose if I avoid the heart, xylem and phloem?

not entirely sure on the extent of the marks you would loose but from past experiences with biology papers, the heart questions rack up big marks as it is a complex subject so i would advise going over it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending