AS OCR History - The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution

Watch this thread
Abstract_Prism
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Good luck to all taking the exam on the 18th.

Use this thread to discuss the exam.

I resign myself to my doom.
Sweetysarahbee
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I just did the exam,hmm it was alright I did the essay question on challenges to Henry's rule which was of course Perkin Warbeck and Lambert Simnel but I also spoke about the nobility .
boring_as_heaven
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I majorly screwed up on my timing. I just don't see how 1 hour and a half is enough for a 10 mark question, 2 decent essays AND planning. 🙄🔫
Maybe it's just me, I don't know.
Did the Early Stuarts (the essay question on the New Model Army). Did not conclude either of my essays. RIP.
examskill
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Found the sources quite difficult, particularly A which is annoying as it was the 10 marker as well. I answered the religious divisions question for the essay but overall found the paper tough but achievable- i hope
username1696923
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boring_as_heaven)
I majorly screwed up on my timing. I just don't see how 1 hour and a half is enough for a 10 mark question, 2 decent essays AND planning. 🙄🔫
Maybe it's just me, I don't know.
Did the Early Stuarts (the essay question on the New Model Army). Did not conclude either of my essays. RIP.
Was Q1 on source A btw? and I find it difficult too. I got really confused with dates... I dont really know how I've done to be honest
mvunduk
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
any markschemes yet
Abstract_Prism
Rep:
All throughout my revision I was 100% certain that the Civil War would not come up. I thought that there's no way they'd be so specific on the very first paper. That was the only thing I didn't revise. So when I opened the exam paper I literally **** myself.

In the end I answered the other question on James and religion, and I thought I wrote everything that there was to write, but it still didn't see like there was a lot to write. I wrote about the Hampton Court conference, the Gunpowder Plot, Scotland, Ireland, James pursuing a Catholic marriage for Charles, and his reluctance to fight Catholicism on the continent.

I thought the 10 mark source question went quite well. I can't even remember what I wrote, but I remember that I thought that was the one I did best on.

The sources that came up weren't new to me, but I still found the question difficult. My answer mainly centred on Pride's Purge and how both Source B and Source C neglected how Parliament did not actually want to try Charles before Pride's Purge, and that the divisions within Parliament were revealed in Source A with 'Both Houses disputed most of the night' or something like that. I also said that Source C glossed over what really happened and it seemed to insinuate that they had calmly and orderly petitioned for Parliament to try Charles, when in actuality they forced their hand with Pride's Purge.

Overall I thought it went well.
username1696923
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abstract_Prism)
All throughout my revision I was 100% certain that the Civil War would not come up. I thought that there's no way they'd be so specific on the very first paper. That was the only thing I didn't revise. So when I opened the exam paper I literally **** myself.

In the end I answered the other question on James and religion, and I thought I wrote everything that there was to write, but it still didn't see like there was a lot to write. I wrote about the Hampton Court conference, the Gunpowder Plot, Scotland, Ireland, James pursuing a Catholic marriage for Charles, and his reluctance to fight Catholicism on the continent.

I thought the 10 mark source question went quite well. I can't even remember what I wrote, but I remember that I thought that was the one I did best on.

The sources that came up weren't new to me, but I still found the question difficult. My answer mainly centred on Pride's Purge and how both Source B and Source C neglected how Parliament did not actually want to try Charles before Pride's Purge, and that the divisions within Parliament were revealed in Source A with 'Both Houses disputed most of the night' or something like that. I also said that Source C glossed over what really happened and it seemed to insinuate that they had calmly and orderly petitioned for Parliament to try Charles, when in actuality they forced their hand with Pride's Purge.

Overall I thought it went well.
Omg I have defo failed I hate my life :/
Abstract_Prism
Rep:
(Original post by 10studentlife)
Omg I have defo failed I hate my life :/
What did you put?
username1696923
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abstract_Prism)
What did you put?
I dont even know anymore😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
31.88%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (26)
37.68%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (3)
4.35%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.35%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.8%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
13.04%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.45%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads