Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS OCR History - The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution Watch

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all taking the exam on the 18th.

Use this thread to discuss the exam.

I resign myself to my doom.

ReputationRep:
    I just did the exam,hmm it was alright I did the essay question on challenges to Henry's rule which was of course Perkin Warbeck and Lambert Simnel but I also spoke about the nobility .

ReputationRep:
    I majorly screwed up on my timing. I just don't see how 1 hour and a half is enough for a 10 mark question, 2 decent essays AND planning. 🙄🔫
    Maybe it's just me, I don't know.
    Did the Early Stuarts (the essay question on the New Model Army). Did not conclude either of my essays. RIP.

ReputationRep:
    Found the sources quite difficult, particularly A which is annoying as it was the 10 marker as well. I answered the religious divisions question for the essay but overall found the paper tough but achievable- i hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boring_as_heaven)
    I majorly screwed up on my timing. I just don't see how 1 hour and a half is enough for a 10 mark question, 2 decent essays AND planning. 🙄🔫
    Maybe it's just me, I don't know.
    Did the Early Stuarts (the essay question on the New Model Army). Did not conclude either of my essays. RIP.
    Was Q1 on source A btw? and I find it difficult too. I got really confused with dates... I dont really know how I've done to be honest

ReputationRep:
    any markschemes yet

ReputationRep:
    All throughout my revision I was 100% certain that the Civil War would not come up. I thought that there's no way they'd be so specific on the very first paper. That was the only thing I didn't revise. So when I opened the exam paper I literally **** myself.

In the end I answered the other question on James and religion, and I thought I wrote everything that there was to write, but it still didn't see like there was a lot to write. I wrote about the Hampton Court conference, the Gunpowder Plot, Scotland, Ireland, James pursuing a Catholic marriage for Charles, and his reluctance to fight Catholicism on the continent.

I thought the 10 mark source question went quite well. I can't even remember what I wrote, but I remember that I thought that was the one I did best on.

The sources that came up weren't new to me, but I still found the question difficult. My answer mainly centred on Pride's Purge and how both Source B and Source C neglected how Parliament did not actually want to try Charles before Pride's Purge, and that the divisions within Parliament were revealed in Source A with 'Both Houses disputed most of the night' or something like that. I also said that Source C glossed over what really happened and it seemed to insinuate that they had calmly and orderly petitioned for Parliament to try Charles, when in actuality they forced their hand with Pride's Purge.

Overall I thought it went well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    All throughout my revision I was 100% certain that the Civil War would not come up. I thought that there's no way they'd be so specific on the very first paper. That was the only thing I didn't revise. So when I opened the exam paper I literally **** myself.

In the end I answered the other question on James and religion, and I thought I wrote everything that there was to write, but it still didn't see like there was a lot to write. I wrote about the Hampton Court conference, the Gunpowder Plot, Scotland, Ireland, James pursuing a Catholic marriage for Charles, and his reluctance to fight Catholicism on the continent.

I thought the 10 mark source question went quite well. I can't even remember what I wrote, but I remember that I thought that was the one I did best on.

The sources that came up weren't new to me, but I still found the question difficult. My answer mainly centred on Pride's Purge and how both Source B and Source C neglected how Parliament did not actually want to try Charles before Pride's Purge, and that the divisions within Parliament were revealed in Source A with 'Both Houses disputed most of the night' or something like that. I also said that Source C glossed over what really happened and it seemed to insinuate that they had calmly and orderly petitioned for Parliament to try Charles, when in actuality they forced their hand with Pride's Purge.

Overall I thought it went well.
    Omg I have defo failed I hate my life :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10studentlife)
    Omg I have defo failed I hate my life :/
    What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    What did you put?
    I dont even know anymore😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.