Health and Social Edexcel AS Level

Watch
emilyshingfield1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I wanted to make a thread about Unit 1 Human Growth and Development exam 18th May seeing as there currently isn't one. If you are taking this exam and have any advice for others or predictions please comment below. Also if anyone is taking Unit 4 Social Aspects and Lifestyle as well on 25th May comment below.
Lauren999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did everyone find it? I thought it was quite a difficult paper- especially the 10 markers on the campaigning. I don't feel like I had enough time to write good answers!
Katiealicex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought it was difficult as well, I'm glad I'm not the only one . It was the genetic questions at the start that threw me off I was debating for ages about the features. Hope it went ok for everyone.
emilyshingfield1
Rep:
?
I quite liked the paper really, however I know a few people in my class also found it quite difficult so try not to worry too much. What threw me off the most was having two ten markers on health promotion (Question 2) and then only an 8 marker for question 3 which I really wasn't expecting seeing as they have never done that before looking back at the past papers. I'm just glad that we also have two coursework units which hopefully will help boost our grades if we didn't do too well in the exam)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lauren999
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The grade boundaries have been really low for the past few years (around 53/90 for an a) so hopefully they don't change too much this year!
emilyshingfield1
Rep:
?
I'm hoping they're low too because I really want to do well seeing as I completely messed up my geography exam yesterday so it looks like I won't be taking it next year😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lauren999
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh no! I'm dropping English lit this year as i don't think I'd be able to cope with it next year! I haven't even had the exam yet but I know it isn't going to go well haha!
Katiealicex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I needed 51 in this exam for an overall B I need to keep this subject I'm dropping applied science. I'm sure we'll be ok. Hopefully mark scheme will be kind and the grade boundaries will be low.
Kholmes1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just wondering. This was an AS level? Because I know when I was doing maths some of the Btec people were doing exams. (Bussiness and Health and social care, I know they were btec for sure.) So the btec and alevel exams was at the same time.
emilyshingfield1
Rep:
?
I originally wanted to drop Food Technology and carry on with health and social care double award and geography but the geography exam was super hard, pretty sure I got a U so I'm in a bit of a dilemma😬Any of you want to go to Uni and if so to do what?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
emilyshingfield1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kholmes1)
Just wondering. This was an AS level? Because I know when I was doing maths some of the Btec people were doing exams. (Bussiness and Health and social care, I know they were btec for sure.) So the btec and alevel exams was at the same time.
This was A Level and not BTEC Level 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maria99:)
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I want to do midwifery, I'm currently doing the health and social care double award and psychology and extented project
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads