Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

*Prom* watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    it was amaaaaaazing! i shall put a pic in here when i get them developed- they're at boots right now lol

couldn't have asked for a better night though, everyone had a fantastic time, music was amazing, we gave out bottles of champagne and red letter days to the best dancers etc......but it's over now!!! waahh!!!

ReputationRep:
    My prom was great too .

ReputationRep:
    music was too loud at our one...and the retarded dj played the same songs over and over.....so it got kind of crap towards the end. But apart from that, was a great evening.

ReputationRep:
    i got mine tonight aghhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Prom? What's a prom?? Our school doesn't organise one. Being an all-boys school it's probably just as well.

ReputationRep:
    Had my school prom lastnight and it was also my bday!! Had a wicked time n want the photos back right now. Its just hit me that ive finally left school for good. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It feels really odd doesn't it? No more packing your bag, catching the bus, checking your timetable, sitting in class, doing homework etc. There are some people that you've spent the best part of the seven years (or more) of your life with that you'll never see again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 85ah11)
    Prom? What's a prom?? Our school doesn't organise one. Being an all-boys school it's probably just as well.
    no matter i go to an all girls school & we had a prom - it was great fun! what i can remember of it.

ReputationRep:
    I've got mine this friday - slightly concerned that dancing is going to be involved! I'm going to have to get myself quite drunk in preparation.

ReputationRep:
    Strangely enough my (ex) school had prom in February. I think it's so we're not distracted by it during exams. For me, the dancing was the best bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike1985)
    I've got mine this friday - slightly concerned that dancing is going to be involved! I'm going to have to get myself quite drunk in preparation.
    Dont worry, i'm sure plenty of people wont dance, anyway after a few drinks you wont care

Your dancing can never be as bad as mine, if it's any conselation. It really depends on the song but if in doubt decide to flaunt your break dancing skills and spin around on your head for a few minutes, then claim you're too drunk to know what your doing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 so I don't get a prom this year Last year's prom and the Christmas prom were both so great though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Your dancing can never be as bad as mine, if it's any conselation. It really depends on the song but if in doubt decide to flaunt your break dancing skills and spin around on your head for a few minutes, then claim you're too drunk to know what your doing.
    Sometimes i really wish i could breakdance or be a gymnast, spinning on my head while in a club would be a great thing to do while drunk

Who says that you need to be able to do it to do it, if that makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Who says that you need to be able to do it to do it, if that makes sense...
    me, it'd only be fun if i could do it properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    it was amaaaaaazing! i shall put a pic in here when i get them developed- they're at boots right now lol

couldn't have asked for a better night though, everyone had a fantastic time, music was amazing, we gave out bottles of champagne and red letter days to the best dancers etc......but it's over now!!! waahh!!!
    The prom I went to yesterday was amazing as well, I actually used my new found social skills and made friends with a girl.

ReputationRep:
    Our Prom was great too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Our Prom was great too

oh, was it you who started a thread about high heels?how did it go? did your feet last out? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    oh, was it you who started a thread about high heels?how did it go? did your feet last out? x
    It was indeed I got some gel insole things and I think they really did work! By about the middle of the prom almost all of my girl friends had taken their shoes off, cos they couldn't bear the pain ... but mine stayed on the whole night! Lol, and now I can walk in them like an expert ... I think!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.