Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to write a poem for a girl I like? Watch

Hey.
    I met this girl online a few months ago (weve been texting for all that time too) and I've started to develop feelings for her.Shes beautiful, intelligent, caring, helpful, kind and generally just an amazing girl!Problem is that she lives on the other side of the country to me so we haven't met. We've spoken on the phone though. I want to write her a poem to tell her how amazing she is (I'd like to hint about my feelings too). She's going through a bad time currently. So I'm hoping this will cheer her up a bit!
    Any advice anyone gives me will be greatly appreciated!Also is it possible for anyone who hasn't met to enter a long distance relationship?
    Thanks
    We do get on really well btw, she initiates most of the convos we have!

ReputationRep:
    Yes my advice is for the love of god don't do it

(Original post by Zuki)
    Yes my advice is for the love of god don't do it
    She already knows I'm gonna write her one.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey.
    I met this girl online a few months ago (weve been texting for all that time too) and I've started to develop feelings for her.Shes beautiful, intelligent, caring, helpful, kind and generally just an amazing girl!Problem is that she lives on the other side of the country to me so we haven't met. We've spoken on the phone though. I want to write her a poem to tell her how amazing she is (I'd like to hint about my feelings too). She's going through a bad time currently. So I'm hoping this will cheer her up a bit!
    Any advice anyone gives me will be greatly appreciated!Also is it possible for anyone who hasn't met to enter a long distance relationship?
    Thanks
    You'll get flack on here about this. The poem and thinking about a relationship with someone you've never met in person.

BUT - I'd say the feelings can be there. As for writing a poem... that has to come entirely from inside you.

(Original post by Tootles)
    You'll get flack on here about this. The poem and thinking about a relationship with someone you've never met in person.

BUT - I'd say the feelings can be there. As for writing a poem... that has to come entirely from inside you.
    I know. I get flack from everyone. I've had it from you before too.

Well I'm glad. It's highly unlikely I know but I want her to know my feelings.
    I'm **** at poetry, but I'll give it my best shot thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Use this as your draft.

I love you (cheesy stuff out the way)
    I can't write a poem
    Nor can i rap
    All i can do is
    Fap

I have riddle for you my dear
    What's the difference between you and a sunset?
    One's beauty lasts a few minutes
    whilst the other a lifetime
    I beg you
    feel happy
    as when you're happy the sun smiles 2
    i need to poo
    ______<---- insert name
    Your face only blooms
    never withers
    so keep on smiling
    so i can eat your liver.

You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Is thou a woman
    Of fine complexion
    When thou maketh me
    Have total erection

- Shakespeare (Hamlet)

ReputationRep:
    She already knows I'm gonna write her one.
    Oh no... well you've really dug yourself a hole here OP. The only way out is to write a poem that is blatantly satirical.

Maybe something along the lines of:

Roses smell good
    Violets do too
    This poem's pretty bad but...
    I kinda wanna f*** you?

But make sure you emphasise that it's meant to be funny

I know. I get flack from everyone. I've had it from you before too.

Well I'm glad. It's highly unlikely I know but I want her to know my feelings.
    I'm **** at poetry, but I'll give it my best shot thanks.
    Everyone gets flack from me at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Is thou a woman
    Of fine complexion
    When thou make me
    Have total erection

- Shakespeare - Hamlet
    Oooh yours is vulgar with a subtle hint of sophistication. I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)
    Oh no... well you've really dug yourself a hole here OP. The only way out is to write a poem that is blatantly satirical.

Maybe something along the lines of:

Roses smell good
    Violets do too
    This poem's pretty bad but...
    I kinda wanna f*** you?

But make sure you emphasise that it's meant to be funny
    Roses are dull
    Violets are too
    You're also dull
    How about I **** you?

ReputationRep:
    Is it me, or does MarkReed look a female?

He looks so ...
    I have nothing against you, but you look like a girl, similar.
    My body is reacting in different ways. My males insticts are telling me no, but my mind is confused.
    Enlighten me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Roses are dull
    Violets are too
    You're also dull
    How about I **** you?
    Well mine at least had a bit of charm
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not dull if you get to know me! I promise! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastMinReviseGuy)
    Is it me, or does MarkReed look a female?

He looks so ...
    I have nothing against you, but you look like a girl, similar.
    My body is reacting in different ways. My males insticts are telling me no, but my mind is confused.
    Enlighten me.
    Oh don't worry. I get that a lot. I actually just got told that on this website yesterday.

It's a pain in the arse when I go out drinking with friends because straight guys hit on me and then I open my mouth and they have a mini aneurysm.

But I'll take your body's reaction as a compliment

ReputationRep:
    Hey.
    Thanks
    If she's really going through a rough time, it's probably a bit selfish to hint about your feelings. Keep it all on her. A poem to cheer up a friend is a nice idea.

I met my wife online from the other side of the planet. It's possible. It's also rough.

(Original post by JollyCynic)
    If she's really going through a rough time, it's probably a bit selfish to hint about your feelings. Keep it all on her. A poem to cheer up a friend is a nice idea.

I met my wife online from the other side of the planet. It's possible. It's also rough.
    How's it selfish? I thought it showed i like her no matter what! There's some bullying involved.
    I've written it now, it's all about her. I have stated my feelings so I shall see what happens.
    Imma take that out actually.

ReputationRep:
    How's it selfish? I thought it showed i like her no matter what!.
    It's a tough perspective to believe until you've been through it a couple of times. Telling someone that you like them isn't as simple as a one-sided show of affection and support. It's typically inferred to be an implicit request to be evaluated for a return of similar affection. Even if that's not your intention, it could put added pressure on her when she's going through a rough patch.

But in the long run, it really doesn't matter. If it all goes horribly wrong for you, would you rather it go wrong because you were following your instincts and being yourself, or because you were listening to me and other random strangers on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    Aw this is cute! Do it

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't let anyone smother
    or cover
    your mother
    or any of your family
    except andy
    and his panda
    and his dandy
    lion bracelets
    that taste like
    I'm wasted

and you know all my flaws now
    I have many flaws, but clearly not the flaws you like
    you gold digging b$tch!
    Just kidding
    I love you
    I want you to marry me
    Too soon?
    I'm standing right outside your house...
    Love Andy

(Nothing to do with any users with the name Andy)

ReputationRep:
    spill all your feelings out. make it beautiful but realistic. it doen't necessary have to rhyme.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.