Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'am black I have been growing my hair for 13 months now since my hair was/is extremely dry and curl I decided to "perm" (2months ago) it so that it becomes soft. During the first two weeks my hair was at its peak when it comes to condition. After that it became dry and things went south, on my sides I shedded in less than two weeks. And then the hair at the back begun to shedd too, I have been cutting all tangle and dead hair... I dont know if I should just shave it all tomorrow or continue to wear a hat untill the patch side grows what would u do ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    > what would u do ?

I wouldn't get it permed again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrControversial)
    > what would u do ?

I wouldn't get it permed again.
    Nooo o mean shave it or grow out the bald patch ? N wear a hat everyday for atleast 5months

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    Nooo o mean shave it or grow out the bald patch ? N wear a hat everyday for atleast 5months
    My first advice is to see a professional to look at it, essentially a really good barber.

You can wear a hat but it seems a bit demanding. Summer soon too. Shaving it is cool but you might not want to do that yourself although you already appear to have gone down that route. There are various styles that might accommodate it as well such as:

http://i0.wp.com/therighthairstyles....nky-mohawk.jpg

My advice in future is to steer clear of vanity especially if it deviates from nature. That includes perms, weird chemicals, bleach, etc. This may be hard when it comes to fitting in with your peers or if you have your own desire to stand out but try to do what you can get away with within nature.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.