The Student Room Group

Best way to stop making silly mistakes?

Hey all,

I'm getting frustrated, because right now the only place im losing marks is silly mistakes. and i mean silly mistakes, like reading a - as a + sign or blatantly ignoring some information in a question.

Whats a good way of not making silly mistakes? because doing past papers, ive realised its becoming a big problem for me. Ive never had this problem before so im lost on how to fix it.

Original post by kelefi
Hey all,

I'm getting frustrated, because right now the only place im losing marks is silly mistakes. and i mean silly mistakes, like reading a - as a + sign or blatantly ignoring some information in a question.

Whats a good way of not making silly mistakes? because doing past papers, ive realised its becoming a big problem for me. Ive never had this problem before so im lost on how to fix it.

Read question properly, take your time.. if you have finished the exam redo each question again to check if you got the same answer and compare it. If you know you made a mistake half way through the question. Cross it out and do it again so it doesn't mess up your working. I have the same problem , loose about 15 mark because of silly mistakes. :goodluck:

Quick Reply

Latest