Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If i do C1 and C2 maths (not C12 and hence not IAL) if the rest of the modules i do are all IAL do i have to cit all my AS modules again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    If i do C1 and C2 maths (not C12 and hence not IAL) if the rest of the modules i do are all IAL do i have to cit all my AS modules again?
    People outside of the UK do IAL therefore which means you do c12 instead of c1 and c2, the reason for this is (according to my teacher) that universitites does not accept c1 and c2 if you are a candidate from outside UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    To my knowledge, You cannot combine unit results from IAL and UK A levels to complete an A level. It was possible in the past but only to enable international schools/candidates to transition to the IAL where January exams are still available. You could ask your exams office to confirm this with Edexcel.

Edit: the rules from Edexcel state you definitely cannot combine UK and IAL unit results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf IAL_and_GCE_combination_rules.pdf (61.3 KB, 114 views)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.