Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the middle of my GCSEs and I was hoping to get A*s but now I'm thinking I'll get Bs. I hate revising and I just do not care what grades I'll get. I know I should, but I'm just too tired.

ReputationRep:
    I totally get it i feel the same. I was aiming for mostly A*s but tbh i think thats unrealistic now.
    Just try to push through and try and make yourself do a little bit of revision at a time on the stuff you really dont get just incase. Maybe try rewarding yourself like with a sweet everytime you do 10mins of work or something? works for me

ReputationRep:
    I had a whole lot of motivation after my French tests, but walking out of Biology felt like death. I'm terrible at revision, even though I know I can do well if I tried harder. Is it because of the biology test??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rflxvvrbs)
    I'm in the middle of my GCSEs and I was hoping to get A*s but now I'm thinking I'll get Bs. I hate revising and I just do not care what grades I'll get. I know I should, but I'm just too tired.
    Im currently studying my a-levels after doing fairly average in my GCSEs. In all honesty GCSEs dont really have a huge impact other than an ego boost if you achieve B's or above your most likely going to get into any sixth form or college you want. i would say put in the work now to get the grade you'll be happy with if you really want A*s you should try and achieve it. Try and find ways or studying that isn't as boring. You've got a lot of revising to do in the future :bricks:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebookie)
    I had a whole lot of motivation after my French tests, but walking out of Biology felt like death. I'm terrible at revision, even though I know I can do well if I tried harder. Is it because of the biology test??
    The bio test probably demotivated you - i felt so bad after it. but the thing is to try and stay positive and remember youll thank yourself later if you try and work hard now. Im only just starting my revision for chem today (the exams tomorrow!) but i know if i dont i will feel like crap after the chemistry too.

ReputationRep:
    I've lost all hope of getting A*s at all due to just my biology exam yesterday, but I know how you feel

I started to slightly enjoy revising when I made my notes colourful, and began to like making them look nice and almost 'decorative', so perhaps that might help (if you try it out)?

Sorry I can't be of much help, but good luck in future exams

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I was hoping to get the majority of A*'s but I make such stupid mistakes so I dont think thats gonna happen anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebookie)
    yes!! biology went so bad for me, but seeing everyone else say that they also found it difficult made me feel a little better. i just need to get back on track

:bumps:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.