Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lupin Loopy)
    They do write songs for each other, but McFly just seems to have more of a 60's feel
    Yeah - looking at some of the cover versions they've done, Busted tend to do ones like The Jam and The Undertones, McFly have done Beatles ones, which ain't too bad (although obv. not as good as the originals).

ReputationRep:
    And also McFly got their name from one of the greatest films of the 80's.
    That earns them a few brownie points
    *sigh* I love Back to the Future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lupin Loopy)
    I am currently in love with McFly! I don't think they sound *too* similar to Busted. I usually like bands indie/rock bands, but sometimes its good to just be able to have a jump and sing around to pop at its very best! (afterall, pop is just 'pop'ular music). the music is so upbeat - not (as my dad calls other CDs I own "music to slit your wrists to")
    I know what you mean! I have to admit I like good pop music too It's just the thing for random hyper moods.. there's only so much Radiohead etc you can listen to!

ReputationRep:
    both Legends

McFly are overtaking imo

obvioulsy she's ouuta my league.....

amazing :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Dunno if this has already been said, but did you know that McFly are actually the rejects which didn't get into Busted.
    Kinda like Hear'say and Liberty X.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Dunno if this has already been said, but did you know that McFly are actually the rejects which didn't get into Busted.
    Kinda like Hear'say and Liberty X.
    no they aren't

the main guy from Mcfly applied for the role in Busted, but Charlie beat him to it, that is all

i sound like a true fan :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OtherBannedNarb)
    no they aren't

the main guy from Mcfly applied for the role in Busted, but Charlie beat him to it, that is all

i sound like a true fan :cool:
    I really think we do need to form a "The McFly appreciation group for people who like decent music and are over 14" :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamC)
    Whats your fave?

Do you consider them to be in the same vain as each other, or do you think they actually do something different from each other??

I'm going for Busted!!! They're the original and best!
    I don't like either, but if I really had to pick I think I'd pick McFly. They sound like they can actually sing, plus one of the guys in Busted has freaky eyebrows.

ReputationRep:
    The main guy in McFly was beaten by Charlie from Busted for a place in the Busted band.... but they liked the McFly guy so much that they built a copy-cat band around him!!! lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.